The Boat..........19

"So where is Bucky at?" Marley asks Sam. They were on a plane back to Louisiana after spending some time in New York.

"He's out looking for Zemo, said he had an idea as to where he went," Marley nods her head in response. "there also may or may not be a surprise for you when we get home," Sam says causing Marley to look at him with furrowed brows.

"A surprise?"

"Yep, a surprise,"

"Please tell me you didn't impulse buy a puppy. Even though that would be a great surprise,"

"Sadly there was no impulse puppy buying," Sam says looking at his wife. "But I do think this will make up for a lot of mistakes,"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"It feels great to be back,"Marley says collapsing backwards onto the couch. Sam just chuckles at her walking through the room. "Hey babe wheres that surpr-" Marley starts before abruptly stopping. A familiar round cover caught her eye leaning against the wall. She stands up walking over towards it.

"Mar? You ok?" Sam asks walking back into the room. "Oh, you found it,"

"Is it what I think it is?"

"I don't know why don't you open it and find out," Slowly Marley unzips the cover sliding it off revealing the shield.

"How did you? When?" She asks in diesbelief.

"We got it before we came back. You were so out of it you didn't notice. Buck and I cornered Walker,  he did not give it up willingly though, but I got it. Cleaned it too,"He says as he walks over to Marley squatting down next to her. " I was stupid, I gave it up, the government had their turn with it, now it's our turn. Together we are hopefully going to fix this mess,"

"We will," Marley says looking up at Sam. "No maybes, no buts, we will,"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sarah and Marley sat on the front porch as Sam and the boys were untangling nets. The girls were making small talk when they overheard the kids say that Sarah couldn't sell the boat.

"You can't sell it?" Marley asks looking towards Sarah. She just looks towards Sam who was already looking at her before heading inside, Sam follows. "Hey boys, why don't you finish getting ready for school," She says walking inside after the two boys. "Hey, hey, hey, no eavesdropping," She says gently pushing the boys towards the stairs. "Not you conversation, not your business. Go on, get your backpacks don't want to be late,"

"aren't you supposed to be off saving the world or something? Why are you back here bothering me?" Marley hears Sarah ask as she makes her way to the kitchen.

"Cause my family's well being is a part of the world," Sam says taking a seat.

"So... your waiting for a lead?"

"Oh don't let him fool you, the government stepped in took control, kind of benched us," Marley says walking into the room, causing Sam to chuckle. The boys come into the room not much later.

"Hey guys," Sarah says as her children walk into the room. "Please make sure Bennet and Elling each get one," She says handing the eldest a couple bags of food. "Okay? Aright Bye,"

"Have a good day at school guys," Sam says as the boys say good bye walking out the door.

"Bennet and Ellings dad cannot get up before noon, Kids keep showing up hungry but are too proud to ask for any help,"

"You're just like Mom feeding every kid in the neighborhood," Sam says with a small chuckle.

"Oh my god, I remember when mom would help out with those drives," Marley says with a small smile. "Say how many people still owe at least one of our parents something?" Marley asks getting an Idea.

"All of them," Sarah replies. "All that's left for sure,"

"It might be time to call in some of those favors," Marley says looking at Sam.

"I like the way you think," Sam says looking at Marley before picking up the phone. "I'm going to fix this damn boat,"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Hey baby," Marley says placing a quick kiss on Sam's cheek. "Sarah is gonna be heading out to get the boys soon,"

"Ok," he replies giving her a smile.

"This better be a wife," one of the men Sam was talking to says. Making both Sam and Marley laugh.

"Trust me she is, I would be crazy if I didn't marry her,"

"You're crazy either way Sam I have  nothing to do with it,"

"You guys remember Marley right?"

"From back in the day? Yeah not only were inseparable you wouldn't stop talking about her," one man says.

"Well some things never change,"

"Wow Sammy I'm flattered, you couldn't keep you're teenage mouth from talking about me," Marley laughs. "How are you going to get that out if the truck? Need me to work my magic?" Sam looks back at the truck.

"Maybe," he says looking back at Marley. Suddenly they hear a scratching sound as something lifts the machine out if the back of the truck an on to the ground.

"Well if it isn't James Barnes,"

"Yeah yeah yeah, I just came to drop this off," Bucky says placing a big modern brief case on the now empty pick up truck.

"Ya see I think that you just can't get enough of you're favorite couple, right Sam?" Marley says looking back at Sam.

"Yeah, we're totally the favorites, I mean we blow Steve and Peggy out of the water," Bucky roles his eyes at the two's banter.

"Whatever just sign for this so I can go," Sam and Marley approach the case. "I called in a favor from the Wakandans," Suddenly a hissing sound comes from the boat behind them. The trio turns around and Marley let's out a sigh.

"I got it," Marley says as Sarah rushes over calling out to Sam. Marley goes over to the pipe attempting to use her powers to tighten the bolt. When that fails she shakes out her hands and tries again. "Fuck it," she mumbles picking up the wrench and trying again.

"Here," Bucky says patting Marley side to get her to move over. He takes the wrench out of her hand. "You have to go up," He says easily tightening the bolt.

"Why didn't you just use you metal hand?" Marley asks looking from his hand to the wrench.

"It- I didn't- I don't always think about it ok. I'm right handed," Bucky replies before looking around. "So this is the boat?"

"Yeah, Sam practically grew up on this thing, we'd always sneak on it in the middle of the night, just hang out. Enjoy each others company," Marley says with a smile.

"Do you guys need help?" Bucky asks. Marley looks at Sam.

"Yeah," Sam says before walking towards the cockpit of the boat Marley following him. Bucky stays behind to introduce himself to Sarah. "What the fuck is he doing?" Sam asks looking behind him towards Bucky. Marley watches as Bucky stumbles over his word slightly before saving it with a smile.

"What? I think it's cute,"

"You think its cute? He's flirting with my sister!"

"Oh stop it," Marley says pushing Sam a long."Sarah's a big girl now she can deal with big scary men that have metal arms," Marley says.

"I will not hesitate to push you off this boat," Sam says as Marley keeps punching him forward.

"Sammy!" Marley scoffs. "I am offended,"

"You shouldn't even be on the boat," Sam says stopping not letting Marley push her forward any more.

"Sam, babe, honey," She says walking around him placing her hands just under his jaw her thumbs on his cheeks. "I'm pregnant not useless," She says before walking away.

A/N: here's a smile :)
a hug  ʕっ•ᴥ•ʔっ
If you need it
Or if you want it
Every little thing is gonna be alright :)
You all are the best, get some sleep hang out with some friends and if you need one you can talk to me :)

~M