Green Poncho X Gender Neutral! Reader

Requested By:aceboiyeet
(Y/N):Your name
The song at the top is what inspired the storyline.

You sighed looking into the covered up eyes of your crush, Omar. It had been a few weeks since your side of the creek won the capture the flag war. Omar tried to reunite with Maya since there was no longer conflict between the other side, but she disappeared and all she left was her tan long hood. She really did pull a 'I'm just getting some milk'.

"(Y/N), sometimes I just don't understand people..."Omar sighed, you raised your head up to him. "What do you mean?"You asked, "Look, when it comes to a crush for people. I don't understand how they can just check their phone every two seconds, check if their volume is up just to see if someone they're in love with is calling. And when they find out that person didn't feel the same way, they're a total breakdown...Are crushes just some endless trick this world has just to see people upset and heartbroken...?"Omar ranted, or more like questioned.

You thought hard about everything Omar just said, you remembered your past crushes on boys, girls, etc. And you almost always ended up heartbroken. And now there was you again, with another crush, were you gonna fall into the same trick again? You didn't answer for a few moments, "I-I don't know..."You said.

Time Skip

When you walked home, you questioned your crush on Omar, not cause of what he explained about crushes. But you were wondering if you should be crushing on him, has he given up on love or something? Was loving him pointless now? Was it because of Maya leaving?

You thought about it for awhile, but finally got an idea. You could show Omar love isn't what he thinks it is, you could find a person to teach him to get over Maya, someone like, you.

Omars POV:I can't believe this...I've given up on love and everything, but I just can't brush off the feelings I have for (Y/N)...But what if I get hurt the way Maya hurt me by backstabbing me or what if they don't like me back...

"You're what?!"Craig said then I quickly covered his mouth so no one else would hear, "1.Not so loud! And 2.Yes...I do have a crush on (Y/N), but I don't want them to reject me and think I'm an idiot for crushing on them..."I said.

"What makes you think I wouldn't feel the same way?"

I fletched slightly at who said that, (Y/N)...How long have they've been there? "Craig, I think me and Omar is gonna need some...Alone time together"(Y/N) said. Oh shoot...

3rd Person:At first you were only walking by, but you overheard Omar and Craig talking about you. You were starting to think it was the sterotypical gossiping in teen movies, but you heard that Omar was fighting the fact he liked you and the reason why was because he didn't want to end up being hurt the Maya did to him.

Craig understood what you were trying to say and walked off, "You've actually been denying the fact you like me, because of a girl that left you for the BFF status?"You asked, Omar tried not to roll his eyes at you but then nodded. "Omar, I know falling love can seem like a curse to you. But love isn't all that bad, but I can show you it's not all bad"You said holding your hand out for Omar. Omar thought for a hard minute, he knew you would never backstab anyone for just some popularity like Maya did, maybe it wouldn't hurt to love someone. But after sometime of pondering Omar finally made a decision.

"O-okay...But you better not make me regret this!"Omar said reddening grabbing onto your hand. "I won't..."You smiled then kissed Omars cheek.