Heroes Rising Chapter 3: Briefing

Akane's POV

Iida had called a meeting, so we meet in a briefing room just down the hall from the clinic. It took a few minutes for everyone to come in.

"So to confirm...there are three villains remaining." Iida says.

"Yeah. We saw two of them fighting Deku and other two." Kinako speaks up.

"And then there was one at the beach, the one me and Iida were fighting." Victoria says as she dunks her feet into an ice bath to cool them off.

"Do we know the other two's Quirks?" Kirishima asked.

"From what I can tell, the woman with red hair has a hair solidifying Quirk. As for the man in the mask...I don't know..." Kinako sighs.

Noelle's POV

After a nice nap and some healing, I was awake, and see Katsuma staring at me.

"You're awake...!" He says.

I nod and sit up. My body feels...normal. No. It felt better than ever. "Did you do this?" I asked.

He nodded. "Um...the scary lady said you could help them... Can you...?" He asked. "I've already done some healing on them." He adds.

I look over at Izuku and Bakugou, and nod. "Okay. I can take it from here. You kids should go though. This isn't something for the faint of heart." I tell them as they leave. As soon as they're gone, I look over at the two. "This may hurt a bit." I warn the unconscious boys, and touch them with my fingertips, as their bodies erupt into a splatter of blood, but then are fixed in a matter of seconds. That should fix anything major they sustained after the fight, and anything that Katsuma couldn't get. After a minute, the two start to wake up again.

Akane's POV

"The communications are down, and the electrical grid is destroyed, so we can't call for help." Iida says as Yaoyorozu sits up.

"I made a drone earlier... It should alert the mainland with an SOS once it's close... But it's still a 6 hour flight for that tiny drone. Plus even after getting the SOS, the heroes still need time to assemble a team and travel to us." She explains.

"And the villains aren't going to sit around and wait..." Victoria says.

"Four of us took on the beast, and even we weren't enough." Todoroki says. "If they attack together, we may not survive."

"Our numbers are dropping too. YaoMomo and Kaminari already used a lot of their Quirks." Jiro chimes in as Pikachu does his signature thumbs up and Yay.

"There are at three villains left, but there could be more, non...?" Aoyama asked.

"And if that is the case, we're basically screwed." Kirishima says.

"Our best bet is to know what the villains wanted, but we don't know that yet." Iida says.

"I know what the villains are after...!" Katsuma's voice rang throughout the room. We turn to look at him. "They want me." He says.

"What...?" Iida asked.

"That bad guy said he wanted to steal my Quirk...!" The boy explained.

"So it's power theft." Tokoyami says.

"Your Quirk is Cell Activation, right?" I asked.

"Hey, wait... That guy. When I went to get the unconscious three, the guy seemed to be in pain. Maybe that's why?" Kinako says.

"Okay, we know what they want, now we need to come up with a plan." Ochako says.

"Then let's just take the boy and run." Mina says.

"It's not going to be that easy." Todoroki speaks up. "These guys are serious. What if they start making threats? They could kill somebody if we don't hand him over." He says.

"We can't do that." Victoria says.

"Please, you have to...! He said he wouldn't kill me...! And it's fine if I lose my Quirk! As long as everyone else on the Island is safe!" Katsuma pleaded with us.

"Not gonna happen." I say. "Are you thinking at all, kid? What do you think will happen once he steals your Quirk?" I asked. "If our suspicions of this guy is correct, him using his Quirks destroys his body. If we hand you over, he'll become unstoppable. And we don't want that. So handing you over isn't an option." I lecture everyone in the room.

"She's right." A familiar female voice says as she enters the room late. It was Noelle.

"About time." I say.

"We can't do that...!" Izu-Kun enters the room next. "Thanks to your Quirk, Noelle managed to fix us up in no time. And from what you did do, everywhere in my body feels stronger than ever. We're not just going to hand do you over. We'll keep everyone on the island safe, I promise." He tells the kid.

"What're you losers so on edge for? All we gotta do is kills some stupid villains." Bakugou chimes in next.

"Easier said than done, explosions for brains. That guy alone kicked you into next Sunday and then some. Or did his attacks cause you some memory loss?" I roll my eyes.

"I never said fight him head on." He adds.

"Oh?" I raise my eyebrow as Izu-Kun nods.

"Yeah... We need a plan."

"Izuku, you've got a big brain. Help us out." Noelle says to him as she overhauls her coat to fix it.

"I'll go over details in a bit. But the basic premise is... When he approaches. We run. Away." He says.

"Izu-kun. You're a genius." I smile.

(If you get the reference, have a cookie.)

With a little cheering and agreements from everyone, it was time to get to work. After going through our plan and taking action, we moved the civilians to the castle ruins, high up in a cave system where the fighting is unlikely to reach them. Then, we have everyone setting up traps and ambushes for the villains. I was put on the left flank, with Tokoyami and Ashido. This was going to get ugly...