Chapter 12: Verses Shina

I was doing some stretches in my waiting room as I look over my shoulder. Mina was in here too. I think she's fighting after me, so I guess it makes sense for her to be here.

"And now, the next round is ready to start! Both contestants, come on out!" I hear Midnight on the microphone announce.

"Good luck out there, Noelle!" Mina says with a smile.

I smile back and nod. "Thanks!" I reply, and make my way to the fighting ring. Floating in front of me, about 10 meters away, was Shina. The girl who got me this far into the sports festival, and now she was ready to kick me out of it. No words were spoken between us.

"Begin!!" Midnight shouts, and I rush forward, as does Shina. She flaps her wings, sending some very sharp feathers at me, which I avoid by jumping over them. I don't want to hurt her too bad, but I also don't want to lose. So I attempt to close the distance between us.

Shina moves her wing, in an attempt to knock me away, but I predict what she was doing thanks to my future sight, and spin out of the way, landing a clean explosion on her.

I could hear the crowd gasp from this. So far, they've only seen me throw things with the force, as well as some martial arts.

Not wanting to give up my advantage, I start to create ice below my feet, as I slide around to hit her again. To be honest, I had no idea what I was doing. So far, all I've ever trained in was future sight and the Force, so I was sort of running on adrenaline, and adapting Todoroki's and Bakugou's fighting styles.

Shina shot more feathers at me, and I jump off my ice slide to try and hit her again. Then, I was smacked away by a sudden wing slap, but catch myself using the Force to float in the air, and land safely. More feathers came my way as I wave my hand to change their trajectory.

I didn't notice she was setting up a trap until it was too late. Suddenly, the feathers she fired off at me before started to crowd around me, and create a sort of white, transparent box around me.

"Angel Prison complete!" She says.

I attempt to hit my way out, but it was surprisingly sturdy. I then try to explode it open, but the force of the explosion knocked me back into the wall of the cube. Which hurt a lot. So it's powerful enough to withstand an explosion...? Guess that's my Sports Festival run over.

Wait... It's not over yet! Time hasn't been called yet. There must be a way out of this. My mind frantically starts thinking of a solution to this bind, and I finally get it! If I can't bust out, then I won't. I concentrate, and imagine my next move. "Imagine it..." I mutter to myself as I start to picture my winning image. I open my eyes, and suddenly, I'm gone.

I reappear behind Shina, and punch her as soon as she turns around to try and counterattack. I warp myself again, appearing right in front of her, and create a wall of ice behind her, then quickly melt it with fire, soaking her wings and making them too heavy to use to fly. With her main way of movement gone, she was struck laying on there on the concrete. Gently, I pick her up, and move her out of bound, being careful not to step out myself.

"Shina Shimizu is out of bounds! The winner! Noelle Tachikazi!" Midnight announces my victory, and the whole stadium erupts in cheer.

Once the match was over, I helped Shina back to the stands.

"Congrats, Noelle. You were awesome." She says as I carry her.

"Thank you. To be honest, I almost just gave up when you trapped me in that prison thing." I told her with a smile.

"Heheh! Surprised you, didn't I?" She asked with a cute giggle.

"Yeah, you sure did." I chuckle with her, as I pass Mina as she goes to her match. "Good luck, Ashido." I smile and wave.

"Thanks! And congrats on winning! You did great too, Shina." She said as she runs off to the pitch.

Once I get back to the stands, I put Shina in her wheelchair and watch the rest of the battle that came after me. But before I could enjoy anything, Bakugou came over and slammed me against the wall.

"WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT, TRIPPY?!?!" He shouts at me in rage.

"What was what...?!" I asked, panicked. To be honest, I don't remember half of what I did down there. Running on adrenaline, remember?

"You used an explosion! That's what!" He continues shout at me.

"I don't even remember what happened! I spaced out!" I attempt to defend myself.

"Bullshit!!"

Pretty soon, Victoria came over and pulled Bakugou off of me. "Quiet down. We're trying to watch the matches." She says and takes me to sit next to Shina and Kinako to watch the rest of the second round.