Chapter 23: Ren's Story

Noelle's perspective

The sun was just coming up by the time I returned home. I saw what else happened in Kamino, with All Might. And I saw his message too. He must have thought hard about it, considering it sounded like a warning to villains, while also telling Midoriya he had to step up as the next symbol. With that, I walk over to my bed, and plop on top of it. A whole day of sleep was in order, and I proceeded to sleep for 24 hours straight.

—————————————————————

Four days passed since then. I haven't seen anyone since Camp, and I was considering going out to see them, but my body was sore all over at the time. However, Nome did stop by and told me what was going on. He told me that the U.A. students were being moved to some on campus dorms, and since I didn't have parents or a guardian other than a crow, I agreed to living in the dorms. Now I needed to pack my things and wake up early tomorrow to head over to the dorms in time.

—————————————————————

When I wake up, I see seven envelopes on my windowsill, and open them. Money. I have no idea how that crow gets his money, or why he's giving them to me, but I'm not going to question it. I make myself some tea and breakfast, and take a sip of said tea. I look at the wall clock, and my eyes widen, spitting out my drink. "I'm late!!" I scream, and scramble to get my clothes on. Running out of the house with a piece of waffle flopping about in my face, I make my way to the new dormitory with my personal belongings.

I get there just in time, and was left panting. I was expecting to be chewed out my Nome, but that didn't happen. "I'm glad you could join us, Noelle." He says, and smiles at me.

"....what...?" I was above confused.

Behind me, I hear the easily swoon-able girls squeals in excitement. I'm guessing they've never seen Nome smile so genuinely before. And to be frank, I don't think anyone has.

"Anyway, it's time for the tour. Once I dismiss you to unpack, you have the rest of the day free." He says, and leads us around. But before he left, he called me up in front of everyone to speak. "I think it's about time. The truth." He said.

I gulp, and nod, walking up next to Nome. "First off...I want to start with an apology." I bow. "I'm sorry. I've hidden a big secret from all of you, and I should've said something about it sooner. My Quirk is not Future Sight. It's something much bigger. Stronger. It's called...PSY Qualia. It lets me imagine anything, and it will come true. This includes being able to use other Quirks that are not my own. So if you thought something was fishy about me, and saw me use any of these other Quirks randomly, then your suspicions are correct. I can use any Quirk possible, except Mutant Quirks. However, I can use Transformation Quirks to gain those Mutant Quirks for a temporary amount of time. If you don't want me using your Quirk, you need to just say the word and I'll stop." I say while holding my bow.

"I don't see a reason we shouldn't let you use our Quirks." Midoriya speaks up first from the silence.

"Yeah! I'm just glad you finally told us." Mina smiled.

"I always knew something was special about you, Noelle." Victoria says as she pets my head.

The whole class was in agreement. They would allow me to use their Quirks. Even Bakugou, which was surprising. "You beat me in the Sports Festival, so I don't see why not." He said to me.

"Everyone... Thank you..." I smile and wipe the tears from my eyes.

"Now then, with that out of the way, and everything back to normal, let's start with your unpacking. Go. Get to it." Nome dismisses us and heads back to the staff dorms.

Later, once I put all my stuff away, Mina and the other girls thought they'd have a little popularity contest on which boy has the coolest room. It soon escalated to all the students checking each other's rooms, but I refused to show them. I was listening to a story.

"C'mon Noelle! Please!" Ochako begged me from on the other side of my door.

I open it slightly, hiding a guest in my room. "You can't come in." I say simply, and lock the door.

Two minutes earlier...

I was unpacking my stuff, and I heard a knock at the door. I open up, and it was Ren. "Hi. Nome asked me to drop by. He told me to tell you a few things." He says.

"Guys aren't allowed in girls room, though." I said.

"We can still visit." He says, and walks in.

"So, what did you want to tell me?" I ask.

"The truth. You've probably been wondering why we share a Quirk, and I was planning to tell you eventually." He says. I nod. "Great. Well, here's the story. I'm not just some random person with PSY Qualia. I'm actually your son, from the future." He says.

"Wait... MY S-!" My word are cut off from a knock on the door.

"Noelle! Open up! We wanna see your room!" Ochako says.

I open my door slightly. "No."

"C'mon Noelle! Please!" Ochako begged me from on the other side of my door. As did everyone other person with her.

I was hiding Ren in my room, and I didn't want anyone getting the wrong idea. So I kept refusing. "You can't come in." I say simply, and lock the door. I turn back to Ren. "So, let me get this straight..." I say as quietly as possible, "You're my son from the future...?"

"We can't tell anyone that, but yes. I am." He says. He then goes on."It's cliche, I know. But it's true. In my time, though, you're dead." He says in the most casual way possible.

"Wait, wouldn't this cause some kind of time paradox?" I ask.

"It really should, Shouldn't it? But that's apparently not true. The person who brought me here does this sort of thing all the time." He says. "So, I can finally say, hi mom." He adds, and hugs me.

This must look really weird, but I hug back anyway. "So, who's the father?" I asked.

"That I can't tell you." He tells me.

"Why not? It wouldn't cause any time paradox, right?" I plea.

"No, but I wouldn't want to force the relationship on you. It'll feel unnatural." He says.

"Okay, fine." I give up, and move away from him. "Wanna help me unpack, son?" I ask him.

He smiles, and nods. "Of course, mom." He smiles, and starts helping me unpack.