Extra Chapter: The Truth

My eyes widen when I hear this. "What...?" I asked in shock.

"The thing is, the Tachikazi family has a rule. A law, of sorts. Each generation of the Tachikazi family is to only have one child. That's how it's always been. You were never supposed to exist." She says the words straight to my face, but not maliciously.

"So then...how...?"

"I don't have all of the details, but what I did know was that you weren't treated as how a normal daughter should have been treated. You weren't abused, don't get me wrong. Just...neglected. That's why your parents always stuck you with me. To be with Nome. The "legitimate" child of the household." She continued. "There were rumors about the household, through the maids and butlers, that you were just a lovechild from the mother. But the rumored father was never discovered, and whenever I tried to ask your mother about it, she would never answer directly."

I sat there, nodding in understanding. But really, it hurt to hear. Just a lovechild? From who? And why would mother never tell her best friend of what was really going on?

"So then...what happened? What happened the day they died?" I asked.

"I suppose to answer that, we need to understand your power." She says.

"My power? What does that have to do with anything?" I asked.

"Back then, the day they passed, your Quirk awakened. You were 5 years old at the time, and you got into a fight with your father." Bea explained slowly. "In a sense, you wanted his attention. You wanted to show him a picture you drew in school. He didn't care. You continued to try get his attention until he snapped, ripping the drawing into piece." She said.

---------------

"Get away from me, you sick child of a whore!! I don't care about your idiotic drawing! Now leave! I'm busy!"

---------------

"After his fit of anger you started your own. Kicking, screaming, crying. Anything a child would've done. It was at this time, your Quirk activated."

---------------

"*crying* I WISH YOU WOULD JUST DIE!!"

---------------

"I have no idea what you imagined, but it was...fatal...to your parents. The car accident happened three hours later, when your father was on his way to his business. Your mother was with him. It was...a horrible accident..." She breaks down just from talking about it. Her mascara was running down her face due to tears she failed to hold back.

"Of course, you were just a child... You had no control over your Quirk... And I'm sure it wasn't intentional... You were just upset, and wanted your parents' attention... Please don't blame yourself for their deaths... It's not entirely your fault..." She sniffles.

"Did... Did Nome know about this...?" I ask one last question.

Silently, Bea nods, and wipes her tears away.

I feel myself being crushed. Not physically, emotionally. I...killed my parents...? I caused the accident...? With a heavy heart, I breathe in, then out, calming myself. "Thank you for telling me, Bea." I say with a light smile.

Bea continues to cry, until she finally calms down as well. "Of course dear... Also...I'm sorry..."

"Don't be... I wanted to learn the truth, and I was ready for it, even if it hurts. A lot... But the time for mourning is over. I can't be too hung up on the past, or else it will affect my school work and future." I say, and stand up.