Chapter 28: Ren's Return + Explanation

The time has come. Time for hock- Wait, didn't we make this joke in the old version of this story? Pretty sure we did. Yeah, we're not doing this again.

Anyway, classes were going to start up again tomorrow, and I was in my room watching a hockey game. It was a close game, but the other team just scored, making me throw my popcorn bowl against the wall. "F**K!!" I curse loudly, catching the attention of a passing Mina, who knocked and opened the door.

"Everything okay in here, Noelle?" Mina asked me.

"Hockey. Serious game. Team losing." I tell her quickly as I stuff my face into my pillow. "C'mon!! That was so obviously a penalty!! Did the other team bribe you, you f**king piece of s**t refs?!" I start raging as my TV suddenly gets shut off. "Hey-?! Mina?! I was watching that!"

"I know, but yeesh, calm down. The whole dorm could probably hear you from the floor below." She says, and sits next to me on my bed.

It was so relaxing with her around me, for some reason. I sigh, and lay on my back, as Mina does the same. "You really are annoying sometimes, you know that?" I asked her.

"Annoying, or just concerned for you?" She asked with a giggle.

"Both." I say as I turn my head, staring right into her eyes.

Recently, me and Mina had been getting along pretty well. We'd spend a lot of time together since I told about...my secret villain excursion. So far, she's only student in my class that knows about what happened. And about what happened to Nome. Since then, I've started talking to her about a lot of my problems. She really knows how to cheer me up.

"Say, Mina? I'm just curious, but...what do you think of me?" I asked nervously. "Be honest, don't hold anything back." I add.

"What I think of you?" She wondered, and started thinking. "I think you're super cute! Adorable, even! And amazingly strong. Your Quirk, and your mentality." She says with a smile as she sits up. "In fact, if I had a chance at all to date you, I would!" She adds.

"What makes you think you don't?" I asked.

"What do you mean? Are you and Todoroki...not a thing?" She asked me.

"No." I shake my head.

"Seriously?! But you two talk a lot during class, and even after school! I even saw you guys walking off campus multiple times." She said. "So, I kinda assumed you were dating him."

"No, that was just dinner with a friend. I don't see Todoroki as a romantic partner." I say. "But...you're a different story..." I blush a bit.

"Noelle..." Mina looks at me with sparkling eyes, as I stare back, still laying on my back. She leans in closer, and I just...closer my eyes. I was so ready for what was about to happen, when-!

"Mom? Are you busy? I wanted to ask-" Ren walks in with the worst timing possible, and sees me just as me and Mina were about to kiss.

Hearing this, Mina stopped. "Hold up, Mom?!" She asked as she looked straight at me.

"H-Hold up, Mina! I can explain!" I say in my defense.

"Oh, wait! This was the most important part where dad kisses mom and they officially start dating...! Shoot!" Ren hits his head on the door. "Stupid me!"

"Wait, dad?! Me?!" Mina was so confused at this point, as I was I.

"You mean Mina is-?!" I didn't finish that sentence, as I took a deep breath, and told Ren to come in and close the door. He did. "Okay, Ren, explain please?" I asked.

"I, uh, think it's a bit obvious now. But I guess I can spill the beans now. Um, Mina Ashido, dad, I'm Ren. Yours and Noelle's son in the future." He told her.

"Wait wait wait...! OUR son?!" She asked just to be sure.

"YOUR son." He confirms with a nod.

At first, she was processing what she had just heard, then finally gets it. "So that means...! Me and Noelle are lovers?!" She asked.

"Yup. And I ruined your big moment...! Ooh! I can feel myself fading away already!" He says dramatically.

"Ren, stop, you're freaking me out!" I panic.

Suddenly, Mina kissed me out of nowhere, and pins me back down to the bed. "Noelle, will you date me?!" She asked, seeming out of breath.

"YES!" I answer her question.

"There, future fixed!" Mina says and hugs Ren. "Don't disappear! There's so much I wanna ask you!" She says.

"I'm not disappearing. I just did that so you two could kiss and officially start dating." He explains casually.

"Oh." Both me and Mina say simultaneously. Then we both punch Ren in both of his arms for tricking us.

"Okay... Now that that's fixed, what did you want to talk about, Ren?" I asked him.

"Ah, yeah. About that." He gets serious again. "I wanted to ask for your help. I...I found the villain that killed you, and...this happened." He says, and takes off his (or I guess my) black coat. The metal plate was smashed to bits, and couldn't function anymore.

"Did they do this?" I asked.

"Yeah..." Ren nods.

"Wait, hold on, did you just say Noelle dies?" Mina asked.

"I did. This was in my time. There was a villain attack. And mom didn't survive. You started looking for the villain, but were so focused on revenge that you went missing. For about two years. I think that...you might have bit the dust as well." He says.

"And this villain? Who are they?" I asked.

"I don't know their know. Not their real name, anyway. I just know their code name. She calls herself...Grandeura." Ren told me.

"Grandeura? As in, Godzillo's fictional movie enemy? In the Godzillo movies?" Mina asked.

"Yes. Her Quirk is call Summon. It allows her to summon fictional creatures into our world for a time. It uses up tons of energy, though, so she usually has to sleep for days until she can summon another monster." Ren explained her Quirk to me.

I nod in understanding. "Okay. I'm going to go look for them!" I say. "Don't follow me, Ren!" I rush out of the room.

"What? No, mom! It's too-" Ren was trying to stop me, but I had already left he room and ran off.