Chapter 19: Danger

The first day was exhausting, and at the end of the day, the Pussycats made us cook our own dinner. Talk about a bunch of...female dogs. Whatever, I can just cook some beef stroganoff. I start my cooking, and look around to see everybody else cooking. And, surprisingly, Bakugou was good with a knife. He was chopping things like no one's business. Todoroki was helping with lighting some fires. I needed to boil the water to cook the pasta for the stroganoff, as well as cook the beef, so I was going to light the fire myself, but... "Let me, Noelle." Todoroki says, and lights the firewood below my furnace.

"Oh, thank you." I say, and start to boil the water. I continue to cook, and start putting the ingredients together into my pot.

"What are you cooking?" Todoroki asked.

"Beef stroganoff. Have you ever had any?" I ask. He shakes his head. "Oh, you're missing out. Just wait, this stroganoff will knock your socks off." I tell him, and continue cooking.

Later, once everyone finished making whatever it was they were making, I was surprised by the amount of people who never had beef stroganoff before. They try it, and I could tell they were enjoying it.

"This is amazing, Noelle!" Midoriya tells me.

"Heh. Well, I have been making it for years." I boast a bit.

"You cooked this for years?!" Ochako was surprised to hear this.

"Yup." I say, and show my arms. On them, there were scars from all the times I cut myself with my knife. I did still do it, on accident, but I'm used to it by now. I had a few fresh cuts on my fingers and forearm.

"What other kind of foreign foods can you make?" Midoriya asked.

"Ravioli, spaghetti, homemade pizza, and some other things." I tell them.

"You have to cook for us again." Iida says, pointing his hand at me like he always does. I nod with a smile, and notice that the little kid, Kota, wasn't around.

It also seemed like Midoriya saw this too. He leaves, and I want to follow, but Ren calls me over. "Time for night time training, Noelle." He says, and I nod, following him back into the forest.

The next few days were the same, train, eat, train, sleep, repeat. But one night, the Pussycats thought of a idea. Basically a scare contest. Class 1-A vs Class 1-B with class B being the scarers. The class with the most people who piss their pants loses! As Tiger, one of the Pussycats, said. Since Mina, Kaminari, Kinako, Sero, and Kirishima had failed, there was one person who was going alone.

And that person was me. I bet you were thinking I was going to say Midoriya, but nope! Not in this fanfic! He was paired up with Victoria, who seemed more than a little excited to get some alone time with the boy hero of the class.

"Izuku~ If you get scared, I'll let you hold my hand~" She starts her flirting, attaching herself to his arm.

"Um, that won't be necessary, L'Arachel-san!" He says with a massive blush.

"Oh? Then how about I be your personal...'flashlight'...for the night~?" She whispers to him, making him stiffen up and fall backwards.

I swear, Victoria is going to be scaring him more than class B will. I sigh, and was mentally preparing myself for going alone.

After a few turns, after Bakugou and Todoroki enter the forest for their turn, then Ochako and Akane, Midoriya's biggest fangirl, and then I was next. I enter the forest on my own, and walk casually, ignoring basically everything that class B was trying.

However, once I get deep enough into the forest, something feels off. The air was getting heavier, smelling like smoke was floating about. And on the other side of the forest, there was a massive cloud of purple. I was about to cut through and check it out, but a knife wizzes by my face, making me stop. "Who's there?!" I shout, and I listen to rustling bushes. Out comes a girl in a school uniform, knife in hand, as she tries to backstab me. I quickly pivot and block her strike. "Who are you...?!" I asked her.

"Oh wow, you're cute...!" The girl squeals, and seems to notice the cuts on my arms, as well as the patches and bandages on my face. "And you're hurt all over too...! Are you clumsy?! That's my favorite kind of person!" She asked me as she backed off. "Can I have some of your blood?! You're too cute to pass up!"

"My blood...?" I asked. She had plenty of knives as well as syringes for what I guessed was extracting blood. "Not a chance. Now tell me who you are and how you got here." I demand.

"I'm-" She was about to speak, but stops herself and puts her finger on her ear. "Not her...? C'mon...! She's so cute though!" She spoke to someone. I assumed they were connected by an earpiece.

I take this opportunity to strike and try immobilize her with ice, but she saw me, and jumped away into the trees. "Get back-" I was going to chase her, but stop and realize something. If I was attacked just now, then that means the camp has been found and is under attack.

I groan, and start to run back the way I came from, but I get pulled into the bushes along the way. I wanted to scream, but my mouth was covered.

"It's just me...!" A familiar voice spoke to me.

I look over to who it was, and see it was Noa holding me. She was hiding in the bushes, probably to stay safe. She moves her hand away, and I breathe for air.

"Noa...? What's going on? I just got attacked!" I say, but she covers my mouth again.

"Keep your voice down..." She tells me, and I nod. She lowers her hand away again. "I don't know what's going on... But it looks like villains have started attacking the camp..." She tells me. "I've already seen two pass by here... The crazy girl and a weirdo in a stray jacket saying something about work... They seem like the real deal..." She told me.

I nod. "We have to help the people on the trail..." I say.

"We can't... We don't have licenses to fight them... You'll get scolded, or even arrested, if you try..." She says.

I remember what happened in Hosu, with Stain. She was right. I couldn't fight them. It was against the law. "Okay... So we won't fight... But there's no law barring us from saving lives..." I say.

She looks at me, clearly very worried. "Okay... But how can we get around without detecting villains...? Plus, there's that huge poison swirl over there... We'll likely pass out and die if we go anywhere near that..." She says. "We should wait for now... Plus we don't know the number of our enemies... It's the smartest thing to do..." She says.

As much as I hate to admit it, I nod in understanding. "Then we'll stay here and wait for the poison to dissipate..." I say.

I turn around to make sure there was no villains, and I suddenly feel Noa hug me. "Noa...?" I asked.

"Sorry Noelle... But I can't have you getting in our way..." She says, barely audible

"Wha...?" I ask in confusion, and she speaks again.

"I wish for you to fall asleep..." She mutters, and I suddenly collapse, falling asleep, just as she wished for.