Chapter 20: To Prove Myself

I start grumbling, and roll over. It seemed I was in a hospital bed. The doctor came in, and tells me that I was entirely unharmed, and discharged immediately. I decided I should just go home, and start walking through the white halls.

Once I exit, I saw Noa waiting at the gates of the hospital, and she came over. "Are you okay?" She asked.

I nod. "The doctor said I was completely unharmed." I told her.

"That's good." She smiles.

For some reason, my mind was very foggy. I couldn't remember much of what happened. "Noa...? Did everyone make it through the attack okay?" I asked.

"27 students were injured pretty bad. But other than that, I think their fine." She tells me.

"I see..." I think to myself. And then there was me, just taking a leisurely nap...

"Noelle, can I talk seriously with you for a second?" Noa asked.

I was a bit confused by this, but I nod anyway. She took me off to a empty warehouse, and sat on one of the shipping containers. "I actually have a favor to ask of you. I...I want you to join the League of Villains." She tells me straight up.

"The... The League of Villains...?! But why?! And aren't you a hero in training?!" I was so confused by this.

"I suppose you deserve an explanation. But maybe another time. I want you to join our League. It'll be worth your while, I promise." She says.

"But Noa, I can't just-"

"We can help you gather even more Quirks to use with your own." She cuts me off.

"More Quirks...?" I wonder.

"I'm going to be real with you, Noelle. As you are now, your brother will never think of you as an equal. Not even as your sister. Just as a nuisance. But if you join us, we'll give you more than he ever can hope to give. The only way to grow is break away. Snap off the chains of society." She says.

"To...break away...?" I wonder.

"If you join us, you can show your brother how much stronger you can get without him. He's holding you. And if you go back, he'll continue to insult you. To put you down and treat you like trash. But with us? We'll accept you for who you are. We can help you show your brother that you don't need to put up with his abuse to get stronger." She continues to make strong arguments. "So? What do you say? Join us, or return to that hell you call school."

"I...I don't..." I continue to mumble, and think of my answer. "I...I'll do it..." I nod.

Noa smiles, as she hands me a mask. "Thank you Noelle. Wear that. It'll keep your identity secret." She says.

I look and stare at the mask she gave me, and place it over my head. "What's our first move?" I asked.

"I'll let Tomura know that you're onboard. Also, for your privacy, you'll be staying in this base, with me and Seryu." She says.

"Sen-Ryu is here?" I asked.

"Yeah. She's with the League as well. As well as Masumi-Chan. You won't be lonely while I'm at the main hideout." She explains.

"I see..." I nod.

She notices my tone, and hugs me. "It's okay. This is the right decision. I'll keep my promise to you, no matter what. So please, try to be happy. You'll like it here." She comforts me.

I nod, and hug back.