Chapter 17: Final Exams

I was originally going to skip this part of the story, but I felt the need to include it. The day starts off like normal, Nome walks into the classroom like normal. "Okay losers. Sit down and shut up. It's been a few weeks since the internships, and it's time to start your practical final exams. Your scores for the written test have been posted on the school board, so look at those when you have time. Now it's time to put you in your place." He says and grabs his remote to bring out the cubby boxes with our Hero Suits in them. "Get changed, and meet at the training grounds gate. I'll explain the test once you get there." He says and walks out of the class as we grab our things and head to the changing rooms to get ready.

Once we get to the training grounds, we see Nome waiting for us. "About time. Now then, about your tests..." He was speaking when every other staff member from U.A. walks out and into our view. "Your test is to fight us." He says, looking arrogant as hell.

"Sir!!" Iida raises his hand.

"What do I tell you every damn day? Stop raising your hand." Nome groans.

"Then sir! What is the meaning of this?! You mean to humiliate us?!" He asked.

"I wish. Unfortunately, the staff members will wearing a pair of weights that limit us. They are equivalent to half of the wearer's body weight, so certain teachers will have a really hard time. And since there are more of you than there are of us, you'll be fighting in pairs." He explains. "You will be taken to a private training area via U.A. buses. As for the pairings, we have already decided who you fight with, as well your opponents. And the matchings are as such..."

Nome starts to list off the pairs.

Kirishima and Kinako Honomura Vs. Cementoss.

Victoria and Tokoyami Vs. Ectoplasm.

Iida and Shoji Vs. Powerloader.

Todoroki and Momo Vs. Eraser Head.

Uraraka and Aoyama Vs. Thirteen.

Jiro and Akane Mikuru Vs. Present Mic.

Mineta and Sero Vs. Midnight.

[extra because I can't think of any other pairs]

And Me, and Shina Vs. Nome.

With that information, we were taken to our test site, and we were starting immediately. We were taken to what seemed to be an airport runway setting. It was all just for show, as attacks came happen anywhere. There were even actual planes around the place, as well as shipping containers, transport vehicles, and fuel tanks that were all filled with actual fuel.

"Shina. Let's think of what we can do." I say.

She nods. "His Quirk is the Force, so he can lift things by manipulating their gravity, and launch them at us. What do you think is the most likely thing he'll do?" She asked.

"Most likely... He'll first try to track us down by causing destruction, forcing us to enter his line of sight and then hold us in place until time is up. That's what I think he'll do." I say.

"Okay. So we need to quiet and sneak around, is that right?" She asked.

"Yeah. When it comes to combat, we won't be able to get close enough to fight, so we should hurry to the escape gate." I say.

With our plan in mind, we stand, and start to make our way the gate by sneaking around behind containers and parts of the building. It was surprisingly quite. As we were sneaking, Shina was leaving feathers on the ground as a backup plan, and finally, the attack starts. A shipping container was sent flying in our direction, and I quickly grab Shina and pull her away, staying out of sight.