Chapter 13: Verses Todoroki

Midoriya had lost against Todoroki in the second round. He even managed to get Todoroki to use his fire half, which he doesn't do. Like, at all. And after watching the rest of the matches, it was time to enter halftime.

"Finally, a break..." I sigh.

"Why don't we go and eat something?" Victoria suggested.

"Yeah!" Kinako smiles as she jumps up and down.

"Okay." Shina agrees as well.

"Oh, you girls go on ahead. I need to use the bathroom." I say and rush off.

"Okay. We'll be going to the hotdog stand just outside the stadium!" Victoria called.

"Okay! Got it!" I shout back as I go to bathroom.

Once I finish up, I see Noa. She seemed to be talking with a friend. She a was an older woman with red hair. "Noa?" I wonder.

She looks in my direction, waves with a smile. "Hey Noelle! Congratulations on making it so far into the tournament!" She says.

"Thanks. But, who is she?" I asked, a bit nervous. The look on her face was rather intimidating.

"Oh, she's a friend of mine. Her name is Sen-Ryu." Noa introduced her.

"Hello." She spoke in nonchalant voice.

I wanted to ask how they knew each other, since she seemed to be older than we were, but I thought that would be rude, so I didn't.

"Thanks for showing me around, Noa. I'll be heading back to my seat now." She said as she walked past me. She sends shivers down my spine. She was scary...

Noa waves to her friend, then looks at me. "No need to be so stiff. She's a nice person." She says, and pats my shoulder. "Good luck in the semifinals." She says as she walks off.

I nod, and go look for an exit so I can eat with Victoria and the others.

————————————————————————

After eating our lunches, and a little cheer performance for some fan service, it was time to get back to the fights. I was the first one to fight this round, and my opponent was Shoto Todoroki, the favored to win the tournament. I didn't want to make it this far into the tournament just to bite the dust, so I was ready for possible the hardest fight yet.

I take a deep breath, which didn't help at all, and step out onto the fighting field. I stare at Todoroki, and come up with a plan. I start to roll up my sleeves to prepare for the fight. "Sorry Todoroki. I don't plan on losing." I tell him.

"Then that makes two of us." He says back, preparing his Quirk.

"Now then, let the semifinals...!! BEGIN!!" Midnight shouts, and I immediately get assaulted by a massive wall of ice. I use the Force to create a pocket around me, and teleport myself next to him, on his right side.

He quickly tries to turn and face me, but I raise my arm up and blind him with Victoria's Flash Quirk, making him stumble in surprise. I then grab his shirt, and judo throw him to the ground, while also making sure I remain on his right side. I grab him again, and throw him again, but away from me this time.

His eyes start to recover, and he attempt to freeze me again, but couldn't reach me due to his ice mostly covering his left.

"You won't beat me like that, Todoroki! It doesn't matter what you do! You'll never beat me unless you give me everything you got!" I shout and rocket my way towards him using the Force against the ground. I know it may be playing dirty, but I decided to use his fire Quirk to get him distracted. And it seemed to work, as I landed a fiery punch to his gut. Then, a fiery kick to his lower jaw, sending him flying.

In the crowd, someone was starting to get restless, and they made it super obvious. "SHOTOOOOOOO!!! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!" A man shouted from the stands. I look over to see Endeavor, the current Number 2 hero in Japan.

I look back at Todoroki, as he stands back up and uses more ice, as if that's going to stop me. I raise my arm and shoot a stream of fire to melt his ice, then lunge at him, grabbing him. He starts to use his Quirk again, and manages to freeze my hand that was grabbing him. With my hand frozen, I used my other fist to punch him, then thaw myself out with fire. "What's wrong?! Don't you want to win?! Don't you want to prove yourself to everyone here that you can win?!" I shout, and Force push him away. He creates a slide of ice to stop himself from getting out of bounds, and starts to slide toward me.

"Of course I want to win...!" He growls, grabbing my throat, and throws me. I stop myself, and start floating from focusing the Force towards the ground.

"Really? Then prove it to me!" I say and grab him from across the ring, and throwing him around.

He makes himself a wall of ice that blocks his way out, and I grab him again, tossing him to another direction. Again, another wall. I then warp myself in front of him, burning the ice wall. Didn't quite work. So I did another strategy. I twist my foot on the ground, creating a ring of fire around the boundaries. People probably thought Todoroki did this part, but they'd be wrong. Once any attempts at making ice walls was gone, I finally managed to Force him out of bounds, opening a hole through the wall of fire so I don't burn Todoroki. He hits the wall hard, and falls on his stomach.

"Shoto Todoroki is out of bounds! That means the winner is Noelle Tachikazi!!" Midnight calls, the crowd cheers again.

I was left panting, as I walk over to Todoroki to help him up. He takes my hand, and we leave the fighting ring. This means I'm moving on to the finals...!

On my way back to where my class is, I see someone down the hall. Fire. It was Endeavor. He was standing in the middle of the hallway, as if waiting for someone. "You're not Shoto." He says.

"That's the other side of the stadium, sir." I tell him. I don't know why, but I wasn't liking the vibe he was giving off. I attempt to walk past him, but he speaks to me.

"Just who are you?" He asked me.

"What do you mean?" I asked back.

"I saw everything. You were using fire and ice. Just like Shoto. I could tell that isn't your real Quirk." The man spoke. "Just who are you?"

"I'm just Noelle Tachikazi. A student at U.A. High. Nothing more." I say and start walking again. I could feel his eyes burning into me, glaring at me.