Chapter 39: Return

There was plenty of extra stuff we had to do at the police station, as well as paperwork to sign to end our work studies. The officers also wanted to ask me about Shina, and what she was doing there. I just told them that Nome had deployed an undercover agent to locate Eri for us. It was half true, because Shina was only there to meet Eri. And speaking of Eri, she was to remain in the hospital with Mirio and Aizawa until her fever gets better. Before we left hospital, Izuku went to go check on Mirio, who was already feeling better and smiling again. So now all that was left to do was explain everything about Shina to class 1-A and hope for the best. She was standing behind Nome as we enter the dorms.

"Deku! Noelle!" Ochako calls to us as we enter the gates. Victoria was with her.

Akane and Kirishima walk behind them as we all look at the building, and lastly, Kinako walks in alone.

"You know, it feels like we haven't been here in a really long time." Victoria comments, feeling nostalgic for some reason. Kinako nods in agreement.

"I know what you mean." Kirishima agreed.

"We've all been through so much... After this, I'm going straight to my bed to die." Akane chuckles to herself.

"Same here, but without the dying part." I nod as we walk through the door. This caught the attention of everyone who was in the living area, and they come over to greet us back.

"Holy crap you guys!" Kaminari exclaims. "We saw the news! Are you all okay?!" He asked us.

"You should've said something!" Mina says as she jumps on me, kissing my cheeks repeatedly.

"Well, we were sworn to secrecy, so I couldn't." I tell her with a soft smile.

"Still, I'm glad you're all okay. We were all worried about you." Shoji says with one of his Dupli-Arms.

I didn't notice this, but Mineta squeezed his way up to Victoria and got a great under view. "I'm glad to know Victoria is as busty as usual..." He mutters, but immediately gets punted across the room from her immense strength.

"Sorry boy, but I'm taken now." She says as she goes over to hug Bakugou, which really shocked me. Like, really? Him? I was expecting her to hook up with someone like Izuku, but I guess she knows Akane like him? But if that's the case, why didn't she reject Bakugou? It was painfully obvious she liked him. Even now, I could tell it was bothering her

"That's enough, all of you!!" Iida shouts and he stands between us and our worried classmates. "We all saw the news coverage! It was a rough few days for them, not just physically, but mentally as well! I know how worried you all were, as I was as well! But right now, the best thing we can do for them is give them space and let them rest!" He said, quieting everyone down.

"Iida." Izuku speaks up, and smiles at his friend. "This is okay." He tells him.

"Then...if I may..." Iida says and adjusts his glasses. He then grabs Izuku's shoulders and shakes him. "Do you have any idea how worry I was?! What if you never returned?! It was awful!!" He started shouting.

Shina was hiding behind Nome, gripping his jacket. Nome looks over his shoulder, and nods to her. "Go on..." He says, reassuring her that it'll be alright.

With a deep breath, Shina walk in front of everyone, and bows. "Everyone... I have something to tell you..." She starts as she kept her head bowed. "I want to apologize... The truth is, I wasn't absent. I mean...I was, but it wasn't for a good reason... I dropped out of U.A. and joined the League of Villains. I was...not thinking straight... I felt like I didn't belong, and after...losing my crush to one of my friends, it pushed me away... So I left... And after some time to clear my head, I realized that I...I actually did like it here... No...I didn't just like it, I loved it here... Laughing and smiling with you all... I want to return to that happiness... I know what I did was unacceptable, and I'm not asking for your forgiveness...! But I want to come back and stay with all of you...!" Shina started breaking down again, and I hug her gently.

At first, there was silence, but Bakugou was the first to go over to her. "Shina. Look at me." He says, calling her by name instead of 'Chicken'. She looks up at him, tears in her eyes. "I forgive you." He told her straight up.

"I do too." Izuku says, taking her hand to comfort her.

"We just worried about Midoriya's group, but you too, Shina..." YaoMomo says.

Shina had tears in her eyes, but she smiled anyway. "And there's one more thing. My Quirk isn't just these Angel wings. There's...another side to me." She says, and flips her halo, revealing her other self to the class. "This was me as a Villain. My Quirk is called Entity, and it allows me to change between an Angelic form and a Demonic form..." She explained her Quirk, which really impressed everyone. Everything seemed to be going okay, and soon, Shina would be accepted back into class 1-A. Happy endings are my favorite.

With that, everyone agreed, and they all go over to greet Shina and thank her for coming back to U.A.

The look on her face... This time, I must protecc. I won't screw this up.

With that done, Bakugou goes back to Victoria and tells her he's going to bed, as well as Todoroki. They did have the Provisional Supplemental Classes tomorrow, so I guess it makes sense. Meanwhile, the students who participated in the Shie Hassaikai raid have a day off, so it was a nice change of pace for us who worked too hard.

I went back to my room for some alone time. But of course, Mina didn't get the memo and followed me around. But I didn't mind at all, actually. I lay on my bed, and Mina lays next to me. "Shouldn't you be in your room?" I asked her with a smile.

"Yeah, but I like it in here with you better." She says with a smile. "It's way more relaxing."

"Okay, okay... I guess this is fine then. But if Nome says you can't sleep in here after this, then that's that, okay?" I asked as I hug her.

"Yeah, okay." She agreed and returned my affections.

"So cute..." I whisper as we cuddle with each other. Pretty soon, I ended up falling asleep with Mina in my arms. But unbeknownst to me, the other work study students couldn't sleep at all...