Chapter 30: Back To School

After my fight with Grandeura, it was now time to head back to school. I greet Midoriya, Bakugou, and Shina goodbye for the day, and leave with Victoria and the others for class. Today there was a morning assembly, so we were all walking out to the field to hear about what was happening. Along the way, though...

"Hehehaha... If it isn't Class A...! I've heard the news about you..." A familiar blonde spoke, and raised two of his fingers. "TWO PEOPLE!!! TWO PEOPLE FROM YOUR CLASS FAILED THE PROVISIONAL LICENSE EXAM!!!" He shouts and starts laughing.

"Great. It's Monoma from class B..." Kaminari cringed. "I forgot how much he hates us..."

"I bet you were the only person in class B to fail, just like in the finals." Kirishima says smugly.

"Hmph!" Monoma huffs and turns his back on us, laughing to himself again. "We all passed." He says, even smugger than ever.

"What?!" Kirishima shouts.

As my two classmates try to think of a rebuttal to his comments, they finally remember something. "Okay... So your whole class may have passed the exam. Nice job." Kirishima says.

"But...! One of our guys took out 220 people in the first part of the exam!" Kaminari said.

"CAH?!" Monoma lost his smug smile almost instantly.

"And, to top it all off, that same person ALSO passed the exam with a perfect score!" Kirishima added.

"CAAAHH?!" He coughs again.

"And that person...!"

"Is...!!

"NOELLE TACHIKAZI!!" Both boys present me like I was some kind of goddess.

"Please stop. You're only embarrassing yourselves for getting into his pointless competition." I say coldly and walk past them all.

"Woah... Cold..." I could hear everyone comment as I walked. I had also happened to pass by the new exchange student from America. She was probably brought in to replace Noa, who had dropped out to become a full time villain. Since I had left, she knew I would spill everything and tell everyone that she was a traitor. So she left U.A.

Before I could actually leave, however, a hand grabbed my arm. It was one of Class B's top students, Setsuna Tokage. "You really think you're better than us just because you took out a lot of people and got a perfect score, little miss perfect?" She asked me with a growl.

"That's not what I'm saying. I merely have a higher level of maturity than you if all you want to do is make everything we do into a competition. Right now, you're nothing but a bunch of children with super powers." I speak back as I start to heat up my arm with fire, making Setsuna back off. "Once you grow up and start taking things more seriously, then I might consider you as equals. Until then, feel free to keep crying. Because I don't intend to slow down so you all can catch up. That goes for your class and mine. Do you all understand?" I walk off, feeling as if I had hurt some feelings, and inspired some at the time.

"She's right!" Kirishima says. "She may be a girl, but...! SHE MORE MANLY THAN ALL OF US!!"

His shouting was shut up by Victoria smacking his face into the ground. "That's not exactly a compliment to a woman, you know?!"

Overall, the assembly was pretty pointless. Talk about a proper sleep schedule, Midoriya and Bakugou's fight, and something about work studies. Nothing important, I'm sure.

Back in class, Nome walks. "Class is starting, so sit down and shut up." He says in classic Nome fashion. "Though you now live in dorms about five minutes away from the school building, I still expect you all to be punctual and at the top of your game. The year will only get harder from here on out." He says.

"Sir?" Victoria spoke up.

"Yes, Victoria?" He replied.

"Principal Nezu spoke of something interesting. Something about a Hero Work Study? Could you go into detail?" She asked.

"I'm surprised that caught your interest." Nome says. "I wasn't going to explain it today, but I guess some insight will be helpful for your understanding. Since your just kids and all." He says and thinks of how to word this without giving too much away.

"Basically, a Work Study is like a step up from Hero Internships. You are to work under Hero Agencies not as guests, but as actual Heroes." He told us.

"Really? That sounds intense..." Kaminari comments.

"It is." Nome nods.

"Now that I think about it, during our internships, the Heroes didn't really let us do anything too dangerous." Jiro comments.

"And you're right about that. That's mostly because you didn't have provisional licenses at that time. But since you do now, and as first years, that broadens your horizons even more."

"Hold on, sir! During the Sports Fest, I wasn't scouted for a Hero Agency! Does that mean I can't participate in the work studies?!" Ochako asked, sounding panicked.

"Not necessarily." Nome answered. "While it may be true that some were not scouted by agencies, that doesn't exactly matter too much. You can use the Heroes you interned for to set you a meeting at another agency. Basic human networking, right?" He told her.

"I see... Sorry for shouting..." She sits back down.

"It's okay. Remember, I'm here to help you improve. So if you have questions about anything, just ask." Nome nods. He looks at his wristwatch, and nods. "With that said, it's time to start classes. First class, English. Come in, Present Mic."

The door slides open as Present Mic enters the room. "Aw yeah!! It's time for English, kids?! Who's ready to learn?!" He shouts as Nome leaves the room.

——————————————————————

The day passes by quickly, and before I know it, everyone is back in the dorms, talking about stuff. It seems everyone got too used to taking it easy that they forgot how to school. Not that it matters to me. It's their faults for growing complacent.

"Noelle." Victoria comes over to me. "Everyone is saying we should watch a movie. Would you like to join us?" She asked me.

"Sorry, I can't. I have training to do." I say.

"Oh? But it's almost dinner time. Are you sure?"

"I'm sure, don't worry." I say as I leave the dorm to train in the nearby forested area of U.A.'s campus.

Once my training was done, I was on my way back to the dorms when I heard something. It was voice. "Ow."

Confused, I look down and see what was probably the strangest face I've seen in my life. The face in the ground had pure blue eyes that were literally just dots on their face, a comically pointy nose (though it wasn't that long or big at all), and a smile, despite me just stepping on them. "Um...hello Mr. Ground Face..." I greet the face.

"Hey there." He greets back.

"...Am I going crazy...? I must have been training too hard..." I say to myself.

"What are you talking about? I'm totally real." He says back. "I also heard from the grapevine that you beat and arrested an actual villain that got on campus. Pretty cool." He says.

"Thanks...?" I reply. "Okay, so who are you?" I asked.

"Me? No one important. Anyway, it was nice meeting you." The face says and fades into the ground.

A sudden realization hit me. He was...below me. And I was still wearing my uniform's skirt...

He saw them...

I slap my cheek and shake my head. "I must be hallucinating..." I say and walk back to the dorm.