Extra Chapter: Akane's Battle

Akane's POV

Noelle had run off with Lemillion, while everyone else was dropped to another room, leaving us with some randos. We had decided to leave them to Sun Eater, who volunteered to stay behind and deal with them. I hate to admit it, but maybe he needs help. There's no way he can handle three against one, right...?

As I was about to turn back, Fat Gum stops me. "Don't worry, Red-Eye! Tamaki can handle his own!" He says.

"But what if...-?"

"No buts! Tamaki said he can handle it, so I believe in him! And everyone else should!" He says.

"Yeah, I'm sure he can handle it!" Red Riot says.

"Okay... If you say so..." I say as we run. I was moving at half my speed so I don't leave everyone in the dust.

As we run, a sudden pillar shot out from the wall, trying to separate us from Eraser Head.

"Eraser!" Red Riot shouts, and jumps to push him out of the way. I did the same. I couldn't explain it, but it was like my body moved on its own.

I get him out of the way, but my vision goes black all of a sudden, as I'm surrounded by something squishy and soft. And then there was rolling, and then it stops. I soon figure out what happened as Fat Gum stands up and looks at me and Hard-On.

"Ow...! Did you have to be so pressed up against me, Hard-On?!" I groan as I spin my shoulder to loosen it up.

"Sorry." He apologizes. "I jumped to get Eraser Head to safety, but then Fat Gum jumped too. Guess we both got stuck."

"It's fine. Where are we now?" I asked.

"I don't know. We don't exactly know the whole layout of this place, so it's hard to tell." Fat Gum says. He then feels something, as do I. "Get ready you two. We're not alone."

I nod, and see a big muscular man standing in the back of the room, as he charges in for a punch. Red Riot jumps in the way to block the attack, but gets blown away so easily, which wasn't that easy to do. I jump away at lightning speed to avoid the attack as Fat Gum gets hit repeatedly, also getting knocked away. But not as far as Red Riot.

"Riot!!" I shout to make sure he was okay. He was standing, but his arms were in horrible shape, his hardened skin cracking from the massive impact. It was a mess.

"Woah, how're you not dead? I usually kill everyone in one barrage." The big man says.

Fat Gum tries to throw a punch himself, as I throw a knife to cripple his punches, but a sudden yellow light surrounded the man, blocking the punch and my knife.

"A barrier...?!" I groan, and see a second, scrawnier man behind the big guy.

I land on my feet, and get back to Fat Gum's side.

"You know what I think? Knives and guns don't have any place in a fight. Anyone can win if they have a weapon. A real man fights with his fists." The big man says. "Are you real fighters?" He asked us.

"So, we got Fat Gum, a boy with a hardening Quirk, and a girl with a speed Quirk. Of the three, two are more suited for defense. While the girl looks so scrawny that I doubt her attacks will hurt you much. Quite disappointing, eh Rappa?" The small man said.

"She uses knives. She's not a real fighter." Rappa, the big man, says.

"Real fighter or not, what does it matter to a bunch of criminals like you?" I asked as I grab my favorite knife.

"Careful, Red-Eye. I can feel his punches even through my fat. He's strong. Let me handle him. You handle that guy in the back." Fat Gum told me.

I nod. "Understood."

They weren't on the Quirk list at the police briefing. Outside help? No. Not likely. New recruits is the more likely answer. And Red Riot was over in the back having an internal monologue. And Fat Gum knew this too.

"Remember, you're Unbreakable!! If you let these guys break your spirit, then it's all over!" He gives Red Riot a pep talk.

"They believe they can beat us. You must be thrilled." The small guy says, and the two start to argue with each other. But after some talk, they dropped the shield as Rappa goes in to attack us. I dodged, as Fat Gum takes the blows head on. He probably has a plan, but it was still worrying.

Fat Gum told me to deal with the shield guy, and that's just what I'll do. But he kept a barrier above himself, so it wasn't going to be easy to get to him. This calls for a plan. I rush in, but his barrier was stronger than expected. I dash around quickly to try get him from all angles. But I couldn't reach him.

"You kids don't seem to understand what this barrier is." He chuckles to himself. I use the extra jets in my gloves to boost myself upward, and drop a disc on the barrier. With my Godspeed, I get away quickly, and an explosion happens on the barrier, shattering it. "An explosive...?!"

Once his barrier is down, I throw a knife at him. I only managed to graze his cheek as it flew by. I go in and try to close the gap between us, and land a hard punch with my speed, but he makes another barrier to block my strike. However, it was weaker than before. I could see it crack. And he knew this. I bounce around the room and strike his shield. "So your shield is unbreakable, is it?! Doesn't seem that way to me! If you're an unbreakable shield, then I'm the rouge dagger that stabs you in the back!!" I shout as I drop another landmine on his barrier, shattering it again, and landing right in front of him. "Time for an Ultimate Move...!!" I say as I use all of my kinetic energy stored in my legs to create a massive burst below my feet. "Super Sonic!! Uppercut!!" With this attack, I hit the lower jaw of my opponent with an insane amount of force, knocking the barrier guy into the air and knocking him out cold.

And while I was fighting, Red Riot seemed to get a grip of himself, and stood between Fat Gum and Rappa. He managed to block his attacks, as Fat Gum was preparing his own attack. "Thank you, Red. You bought me the time I need!" Fat Gum says as his fat disappears from his body, and he focuses his strength in one single attack. "We underestimated the name Red Riot! And his chivalrous SPIRIT!!" Fat Gum lands a devastating blow to Rappa, who didn't even attempt to dodge the attack. They were down and out for the count.

"A spear, a shield, and a dagger. The victory...is ours..." Fat Gum says as he holds Red Riot.