Chapter 24: Until We Meet Again...

The next day, we were told to practice our Quirks for the provisional licensing exams that were occurring in a few weeks time. We were dressed in our Hero costumes, Nome took us to a building called Gym Gamma, and told us that we were going to continue our summer training here.

"I feel so free right now." I sigh, and get ready to train with Mr. Ectoplasm, one of the school faculty members.

"You said your Quirk could allow you to use other Quirks, correct?" Ectoplasm asked me.

"Yeah." I reply with a nod.

"What kind of Quirks do you use most often?" He asks another question.

"Um...I don't really have a favorite." I tell him.

"Hm... This is quite tricky, having such a complex Quirk like your own. I suppose we can walk around and observe what the others are doing, to help inspire your Ultimate Move." He suggested, and took me around the Gym to get some inspiration for an Ultimate Move.

I suddenly had an idea. "Mr. Ectoplasm! I had an idea!" I say, as he turns to me, quite surprised.

"Already? Well, let's see it." He says, and we walk back to our zone. I imagine my Ultimate Move, and grin.

First, I started off with using Akane's Quirk, called Godspeed to make me faster than ever. With the energy flowing through me, my hair starts to flow into the sky, and I lunge forward at the Ectoplasm clone with me. At the last second, I change direction, and ignite my arms with blue fire, and cross chop the clone from behind with the extreme blue flame on my arms. "Azure Flash-Fire!" I call out, and the clone disappears. "Mr. Ectoplasm! I did it! Did you see that?!" I shout excitedly.

He nods. "Excellent. It's effective, and elegant at the same time. Fitting." He praises me. We continue our training as usual.

————————————————————

After tons of practice and learning Ultimate Moves, Ectoplasm pointed out a few weak spots in my Quirk, and recommended I improve my suit. So after school, I would visit the school workshop, and try a few gadgets out. Or maybe make my own? I don't know.

As I walk through the halls of the school, I notice Iida, Ochako, and Izuku together inside. "Hey Noelle, what's up?" Ochako greets me.

"Hey. I just came to-"

"Get your suit upgraded?! Lemme see!" A pink hair girl cuts me off, and looks around me.

"That's it? Just a black coat?" She asked, a little disappointed. "Lame."

"I actually came to ask Mr. Power-Loader a question." I say, and walk up to the scrawny man who looked like a bulldozer as the other four do their own thing. "Excuse me, sir?" I ask him.

"Yes, what do you need, Noelle?" He asked me.

"I was wondering... Is it okay if I make the improvements to my suit by myself?" I asked.

"By yourself? You don't want me to make the upgrades?" He asked.

"No. I want to do it myself, if that's okay." I say.

"Well...you aren't licensed to make or upgrade actual suits, but I guess I can make an exception. Just as long know as no one knows I didn't make it. Okay?" He asked.

"Deal. I'll give you all the necessary paperwork. Thank you again, sir." I say, and bow.

"I'll even let you use the workshop for yourself, okay? When we're you going to make the improvements?" He asked.

"Um, maybe in a hour. If you could clear out by then, that'd be great." I say, and he nods.

"Gotcha. I'll stand out front and wait for you to show up, and when your done, head straight back to the dorms." He says. I nod this time, bow, and leave. That was a lot easier than I thought.

Later that day, I enter the work studio to start my project. I already had an idea in mind. The main problem Ectoplasm pointed out was how vulnerable I was when using my Quirk. So I thought if I made something that could protect me, or keep my enemies at a good distance, then I could fight without having to worry about sucker punches. The idea I had in my head were robotic arms, connected by a neural transmitter to control them. It sounds like a lot, I know, but I stumbled upon an interesting Quirk book in the school library. It listed plenty of useful Quirks for me to use, and found one that will help me build this project. It's called Intellect, and it basically makes the user a genius when they sip tea.

So that's what I did.

I brought some iced tea with me, and started to sip away. I'm pretty sure the book said the more tea I drink when using this Quirk, the smarter you get, so I brought a few cans and worked away. First the arms, then the neural transmitter. It took a few tries, a few minor explosions, but in the morning, I was finished! The arms are held in a metal plate on the back of the coat, that unknowingly holds really long metal arms. I made them 20 meters long each, just so they aren't too long. They're held in the metal plate on my back, which is also a matter creation system I made with inspiration from YaoMomo's Quirk, I just made it into a machine. I place the neural chip in a neck brace, so enemies would have to get behind me to shut the arms off.

Yes, I know this idea was used before by Doctor Octopus in Marvel Comics, but it's such a cool design to just be fiction! And it's so versatile, you could use them to scale buildings, restrain criminals, stab people with the claws at the end of the arm! Okay, maybe not that last part...

Another thing I added before leaving was metal wings and a jet booster to allow me to fly without having to rely on my Quirk. This was inspired by The Falcon, also from Marvel Comics. The wings were held in the same metal plate that held my arms, which means I can't use my extra metal arms while flying, but it was fine, since I didn't need to use them both at the same time. I made these for more consistency, and to prevent myself from overusing my Quirk too quickly. The less I use of my PSY Qualia, the more I can use it in battle, meaning no head splitting migraines during battle.

Anyway, I was later banned from the work studio for hogging it all night, but it was worth it to get these babies done. I put my coat on, and it still felt comfortable, despite the metal plate on the back. I smile, and walk back to gym Gamma with bags under my eyes.

"Noelle, are you okay?" Todoroki asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I just stayed up all night to make this." I point to the plate on my back.

"A metal plate with holes?" He asked.

"And this." I point to the neural brace next.

"A neck brace?" He asked again.

"It's not what they are, it's what they do." I say, and wait for an opportunity to use them.

All Might enters to see how we were doing. I heard he lost his powers, and is now retired. L

While training his Armor Piercing Shot, or AP Shot for short, two rouge stones fell off of where Bakugou was training. Midoriya jumped in to break one, with a kick not a punch, but couldn't get the other in time. I immediately use two of my arms to propel myself upward, and my other two arms crush the rock to pieces. Everyone was shocked to see my new adjustments as well as Midoriya's sudden change in fighting style, and they all stare for a while.

As the day passes, I see Ren waiting for me outside my room.

"Ah. There you are, mom." He says.

"Hey Ren. Something wrong? I can see a quite serious expression on your face." I say.

"Well, I thought I should tell you I need to leave you now." He says.

"What? Why?" I ask.

"There's something I really need to do. Something that will keep you alive in my time." He says.

"Really? Well, if you ever have a hard time, give me a call. Ooh!" I say, and start to write my number on a slip of paper. "Here. When you have any trouble at all, call me, and let me help." I say, trying not to cry.

"Right. I will. Thank you, mom." He says, and hugs me. I return the hug, and he soon pulls away, and leaves the dorms.