Chapter 32: Sir Nighteye

It was time! Today is the day me and Midoriya (possibly) start our work studies. We just need to be accepted into Sir Nighteye's Hero Agency. I know I have a pretty good chance, but considering Midoriya is basically All Might 2.0, he might not be too psyched about him considering their history. But with his skill, I'm sure Nighteye can make the right decision.

"We're here. Nighteye Agency." Mirio says, his unending smile still disturbing me slightly. We walk in.

"So, what do we have to do to get him to recognize us?" I asked him.

"Well, I know a sure fire way for him to accept you both." Mirio answers.

"And how do we do that?" Midoriya asked.

"Simple, really." Mirio says as we walk up the stair to his office. "You just need to make him laugh."

"Is a man like him even capable of laughter?" I ask aloud.

"Pffhaha! That's what most people say!" Mirio talks while trying to hold back his own laughter. "It's hard, he's not an easy nut to crack. But I'm sure you'll both do fine." He encourages us. We approach Nighteye's office, and Mirio opens the door. "Hey Sir! I brought those two student's I told you about yesterday!" Mirio announces as he enters.

What we saw was...interesting. To say the least. In the middle of the room was this massive tickle torture machine, and locked into it was a rather cute girl with blue skin, who seemed to be a hero of this Agency, being tickled mercilessly by what seemed to be fluffy cat toys. A tall, lanky man stood slouched in front of the machine, watching the tickle torture happen. He didn't seem to be enjoying it, but he also didn't stop it. He turns over to us, glaring.

To my right, Midoriya ducks his head down, and comes back up with the best All Might impression I've ever seen in my life. "I am Izuku Midoriya!" He greets himself.

Sure, it wasn't funny. But it was sure as hell impressive. I've never seen a more accurate depiction of All Might's face before in my life. But Nighteye didn't seem to appreciate it all that much. His glare hardened, making Midoriya flinch and freeze. "What is this, boy...? Are you ridiculing All Might...?!" He growled, and walked over to him, picking at is face. "All Might has more wrinkles under his eyes. Like this." The man fixed Midoriya's face.

Now that I look at it, he was right. Midoriya looked more like the current All Might now. "I have no time for this nonsense. Just leave while you're ahead. And you-"

"Do you recall the vinegar river incident?" Midoriya asked.

"Yes, I do recall that day. It was before I teamed up with him." Nighteye nods.

Midoriya and Nighteye the start to geek out about how much All Might fans they are. Honestly, I don't know how they can remember every single insignificant detail about one person. It was kinda creepy.

"I suppose I underestimated you. And you, girl? What do you have to show?" He glared at me next.

I look around the room, and spot a whiteboard on the wall. I walk over to it, and start to write on it with different color markers.

L A U G H is what I wrote in a very large font. I turn back to Nighteye with the straightest face possible and slam my hand on the whiteboard, knocking some markers on the floor. "LAUGH." I shout.

At first, there was silence. But Nighteye puts his hand up to his face and let's out a small huff.

"Good enough." Nighteye says, and sits at his desk. "You wish to work under me for your Work Studies, that is the gist of things, corrects?" He asked.

Me and Midoriya nod.

"You are aware of how these work studies function, yes?"

"Yes sir. Like internships, we work alongside Pro Heroes to gain experience. But unlike internships, we are not guests. We are Heroes, and are to assist in most any situation." I answer him.

"Correct." He nods again. "Starting with the boy..." Nighteye raised a stamp into the air, and dramatically brings it down. On the table surface next to Izuku's registration form. He missed.

"Um, sir...? You missed..." Izuku speaks.

"I know. Tell me, what can you possibly bring to this agency that could be of use?" Nighteyes as he stamps the table repeatedly. "This agency works perfectly fine with one work study student and two sidekicks. Why should I even consider bringing the two of you on as more personnel into my agency?" He rants. "I will be testing you both individually. Mirio. Bubble Girl. Take our other guest outside while I'm testing this one." Nighteye demands.

"Yes sir." They both says.

"Again. But with more energy!"

"Yes sir!" The two lead me out to the hallway.

I have no idea what he plans to do, but I'm sure her can handle it. Right? "You're so quiet, Noelle. Something on your mind?" Mirio asked.

"Oh, nothing in particular." I answer. "I just...don't know what to talk about..." I admit.

"Man, telling Sir straight up that you're not funny? You got guts, girl." Bubble Girl say with a sigh. "Usually, he'd never accept anyone who isn't funny. Are you some Pro's kids?"

"No, but I am Prodigy's little sister." I tell her.

"Wow, Prodigy has a younger sister?! I never would've guessed." She gasps. "Is he harsh on you? What's he like off duty? Speaking of, I haven't heard much about him. Did something happen?" She asked many questions.

"Well, the reason you haven't heard of him much is because he's a teacher at U.A. now. And he's just as tough on me as he is on all his other students." I tell her.

Mirio hands me a can of soda, and I open it. "Better drink fast. I think Sir's test on Midoriya is just about finished." He says, and we start walking back to the office.

That was the longest three minutes of my life. It felt like those two were in there for a whole anime episode. Or at least 10. After hearing a loud bang, Mirio and Bubble Girl throw open the door, each doing a pose. "Cue our well timed return!" Mirio announced.

"That bang at the end seemed an appropriate time to come back!" Bubble Girl smiles.

I look around the room. Footprints all over the ceiling and walls, all except on the All Might merchandise. He intentionally avoided each and every piece of All Might merch everywhere in the room. Color me surprised.

"I'll take the boy, Mirio." He says.

"Huh? But, I didn't pass your test." Midoriya said as he is slumped on the floor.

"It was only a test. I said to take the stamp and stamp the paper yourself, but I never said I would let take you if you failed." Nighteye clarified. He lifted his arm, and drops the stamp into Midoriya's hands. "But I stand by what I said. You aren't worthy of All Night's power."

So he knows about One for All. I shouldn't be surprised, he was All Might's sidekick. It's only natural they knew each other's Quirks. And he was only bringing him into the work study to convince Midoriya to give up his power. Pretty cold but I wouldn't say unexpected.

I hope this isn't something we end up regretting.