Heroes Rising Chapter 1: Hero Deployment Project

The winter season had come. There was apparently a car chase involving some Villain, but there was nothing found in the truck they were hauling, nor were the people driving the truck were identified. As for us Heroes in training, we were to be deployed at an island where the local hero retired from duty, so to fill in for the month, U.A.'s class A was sent to Nabu island. Me and the rest of the class have been working quite hard for the past week, helping civilians stay safe, do things they can't do, and protect them from any would be threats. But honestly, I doubt any kind of threat could arise, other than maybe Mineta to the local women...

I was working in the call center for today, as Victoria, Shina, Sero, Todoroki, and Tokoyami were down at the beach to keep the people safe.

As for why we're here, Nome told us that the Japanese Hero Association was looking to building up more actual experience for us students. I suppose it was a start. Things have been getting pretty crazy recently, with news of Daika city getting completely leveled a few weeks ago. There was no news other than that. Nobody knows what happened, as everyone living there just up and disappeared. But one thing was let out, and that was that Daika city was one of the districts under the idealism of the Meta Liberation Army. I've only heard about them from Nome, but he never went into specifics about them. And if you were wondering, there were no other pros around to help us. WhAt CoUlD pOsIbLy Go WrOnG?!

Anyway, as I was sitting at my desk, my phone starts ringing, so I pick it up and answer. "Hello, U.A. Hero Agency. My name is Seven, how may I be of service?" I asked as the voice on the other end sounded distressed. But I could tell it was fake.

"M-My little brother...! He's missing...!" What sounded like a young girl cried over the phone.

"I understand. Can I get your brother's name and a description of what he looks like?" I asked, but was hung up on. This left me confused, but I shrug and stand up. "We have a missing child case. No details or info, so it may be a prank. But who wants to help me search anyway?" I asked the others who were still at the building we were using.

"I can help." Izuku stood up from his chair.

"I can go too." Akane says.

"Me too!" Ochako offers her assistance as well.

"Searching is my specialty, so I'll pitch in." Jiro smiles as she twirls her ear jack.

"Okay. Let's move it, people." I say and lead them out of the place. Ochako and Jiro hold onto a life saver floaty, and using Ochako's Quirk to make them weightless, Izuku speeds them through the streets and around the island. Me and Akane split up as she went to the shopping center to track down the kid there, while I went to the coast.

After asking around, a nice old lady said that I was probably looking for a boy named Katsuma Shimono, who lives here with his big sister and his father working in mainland Japan. With an actual description in mind, I use the Search Quirk I learned how to use, and track his location down to a playground by the coast. It was also on a cliff, so that doesn't sound dangerous.

Once I make my way over, I see that Izuku, or Deku right now, was going the same way, so we climb up together and see the boy alone.

"You must be Katsuma Shimono, right?" Deku asked.

"You aren't hurt anywhere, are you?" I asked next.

"I-I'm fine..." He stutters.

"Let's get you back to your sister." Deku says and extends his hand out, but gets interrupted.

"There you are, you slowpokes!!" A young girl came sliding down the slide of the playground, as she lands in front of us, pointing at us. "What took you so long?!"