Chapter 9: Hero Names

Once class starts, everyone was saying that Nome wouldn't show up because of his injuries, but the door slides open. "Alright, sit down and shut up. Class is starting." He greets us with his usual line and walks to the front desk.

"I thought you weren't coming!" Mineta shouts.

"Keep your voice down. I may be injured, but that's no excuse to shrug my teaching duties." He says. "Anyway, today we'll making our Hero names. A way for people to address you when you're out in duty. I hope you all gave it thought. Also, joining us will be another teacher, Midnight." He says, as Midnight enters the room.

"That's right, I will be helping Prodigy with judging your Hero names." She says.

"Prodigy?" I wonder. That must be his Hero name. As everyone starts thinking and writing, I couldn't think of anything good for myself. I mean, I can do basically anything. How can decide on one name? As everyone presented their names, I noticed Todoroki and Iida just decided to call themselves by their actual names.

Victoria went up next, and introduced herself as Amaterasu, the sun goddess. Shina decided to call herself Angel, which is perfectly fitting for her since that's literally her Quirk. As for Honomura,who gave me the okay to her by her first name Kinako, chose the name Pocket Girl, as her Quirk allows her to store and bring out objects from her chest, like a boob pocket. After much thought, I finally decided on a name, and wrote it down fast, then stood up.

"I'd like to present next, please!" I call. Nome looks at me with interest, and gestures me to come up. I do so, and turn my board around, showing my Hero name. "I decided on the name Seven." I say aloud.

"Seven? Like lucky number 7?" Midnight asked.

"Well, there's that, but there's another reason." I say. "After I spoke to Mr. Nome about my Quirk, he told me things that I didn't know about myself yet, and so, I started doing research. I learned of others with my Quirks, and I thought to name myself after the first. Her Hero name was Seven. So, I want to be like her." I explain. "I know it has nothing to do with my Quirk like everyone else's, but I really like it." I say.

"I approve." Nome says. I look over at him, very surprised. "Take a seat. Other people are waiting." He tells me, and I do as he says.

Later, once everyone has presented their name, Nome makes a big announcement. "Alright. Before I end class today, I have something to say. Very soon, U.A. will be holding its annual sports festival." He tells us.

"But, what about the U.S.J. attack? Can't the Villains just attack us again?" Mineta asked.

"We are aware of that, yes. But this will be a way to show them that U.A. doesn't care about what they try. We can't just let them get the last laugh. Or so our principal put it." He tells us. "Well, with that out of the way, class is dismissed. Go home, and get some rest. Don't forget to train for the sports fest. It's not just playing around." He says, and leaves the class.

As I was about to leave, Nome points to me. "You. You stay." He tells me, and I nod.

"Um, I have training with Mr. Nome, so I won't be able to hang out with you guys today. I hope that's okay." I tell my girl friends.

"Oh, that's okay. Good luck with your training." Shina says with a smile as she rolls off with Honomura and Victoria.

I walk back with Nome, and see that he's already finished grading papers. "Ready?" He asked.

I nod.

"Good. Training with me will be brutal, so try to hold out." He says as he walks out with me behind him.