Chapter 44: Christmas Time is Here

After returning from Nabu Island, classes resumed as normal, and it was Christmas time. Izuku was reading a news story earlier that day, and said an entire city was leveled in the course of a day while we were away. In an hour, at that. Deika City, the main hub of the Meta Liberation Army. I watched the news story myself, hearing from a rather trustworthy woman. Kidding, she was sus as fuck. But she claimed that the League of Villains has been killed. Which means Noa is dead... But still. Something seems off about this whole thing. If the League is dead, then how did Shigaraki decay Nine all the way on Nabu Island...?

While I was lost in thought, it seemed we had a guest speaker today. Mount Lady was here with Midnight substituting for Nome today. He said he business with Endeavor and Hawks, but I have no idea about what. Today's lesson was how to deal with publicity and the press.

We were taken out to a makeshift stage on campus, as Mount Lady called us up one by one for interviews. Some handled the spotlight better than others, and others were a total flop...

"Okay then, next up is you, Angel." The booty-tastic Hero called up Shina as the first of the Shina Squad. That's what we started calling ourselves, and it consists of Shina, Kinako, Akane, Victoria, and myself. She gracefully flys up to the stage and stands up in front of the mic. "Tell us about yourself, hun!"

"Well, my name is Angel, he angelic hero! With me around, no injury is too serious, as long as I can keep myself awake!"

Adorable! Now then, you did an amazing job in that last mission, dear! How do you feel about your performance?" She started asking the mock questions now.

"Oh! I'm just relieved nobody is hurt." She gives an adorable smile, akin to that of Eri's.

"I see, that's so nice to hear from someone with such a good Quirk! Healing is vital asset when it comes to hero work after all! Which makes me worry about what would happen if you got into a fight..." Mount Lady continues.

"Oh, you don't have to worry about that! I'm trained in multiple different martial arts!" Shina says happily, flies off the stage, and puts and unsuspecting Kinako into a serious headlock with her thighs. "See? I call it the Angel Headlock!" She says brightly.

"Uh, wow! Certainly wasn't expecting that from such a cute face...! Anyway, next up, Red-Eye!"

Akane steps up, cold expression as always.

"Tell us about yourself for a bit."

"My name is Red-Eye. I run fast." She said simply. She wasn't nervous, she just doesn't find this lesson useful since she plans to avoid the media once she goes pro.

"Uhh...yes, that's very nice. Any...encouraging words to make the people watching feel safer?" She asked.

"Not really. If something big is happening, I'll be there in a flash, I guess?"

"R-Right, okay... Next, how about you, Pocket Girl?!"

"I didn't even get to show a move..." Akane muttered and stepped off the stage slowly.

"Right then, I'm Pocket Girl! What is you need?! Rope? A tank? The super powerful Flex Tape?! You want it, I got it!"

"Goodness, so reliable! How about you, Amaterasu?!"

"I am the Illuminating Hero, Amaterasu. With my light, I will guide everyone I can to safety." Victoria speaks in a calm and beautiful manner.

"Wonderful! And you, Seven?!"

"Me? Uh, I'm Seven. I don't really have a title, but I'm kind of a mixed bag when it comes to powers. From fighting villains, to search and rescue, I have just the right Quirk to help!" I say enthusiastically.

"Really now?! What kind of Quirks are you practicing with recently?!"

"Well, I've recently learned of some really cool powers I could utilize, but I wouldn't want to spoil the surprise, so I won't say more than that." I say with a wink.

———

"MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!" A couple days after that lesson in media, everyone in class got dressed up in Santa costumes of red and green varieties. Me, Akane, and Shina wore red outfits while Victoria and Kinako wore green ones. We even had adorable accessories on the ends of our hats to express our own individuality. Kinako had a little tank, Shina had a string attached halo, Victoria had a lantern, Akane had a red and white fuzz ball, and I had rainbow colored spiral.

Somehow, while everyone was partying, the topic of work studies popped up. "Midoriya. Noelle. Are you two going back to Nighteye Agency?" Iida asked us.

"Well, I was planning on it, but Centipeder told me it was super busy over there, so they couldn't take on any students." Izuku explained.

"I wasn't planning on going back, but I haven't decided who to work under yet either." I say.

"I actually wanted to try working with him, but...you know..." Akane speaks up.

"Yeah..." Izuku nods.

"Then what about you, Mikuru? Planning to rejoin Fat Gum?" Ochako asked.

"As much as I loved the food there, I wanted to learn from another Hero again. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely loved working with him, but I wanna broaden my horizons, and I can't do that if I'm studying under the same people." She answered back.

"Ah, so that is why you turned down Hawks' offer last time." Tokoyami spoke up.

"Mhm." Akane just nodded.

"I'm thinking of returning to Ryukyu's agency myself." Victoria spoke up.

"And I'm going back to my brother's place! Though I really wanted to work with Rumi, she doesn't take students for work studies." Kinako mutters.

"Probably for the best. You'd end up as bloodthirsty as she is if you go." Nome chimed in as he entered with Eri in tow! So cute! Red is deffo her color!

"Her horn looks like it got bigger." Izuku comments.

"That's all thanks to Noelle's efforts." None told him. "She's been showing her to use her Quirk on trees around the school, and she's been getting a lot better at it."

"Wow Noelle, you're such a good teacher!" Shina smiled as she hugged her baby sister.

"It's more like she's a fast learner. She's a really smart girl." I say as I drink some punch.

"Hey guys! C'mon, let's get partying for real now!" Mineta shouted over everyone. With that in mind, it was time for some dinner. Maybe I'll take a day off from training tomorrow...

The Christmas party went off wonderfully. We sang songs, played plenty of different games, had a secret Santa! Honestly, this was the best Christmas I've ever had! Probably because I wasn't spending it alone this year... For my secret Santa gift, I got a little crystallized feather. This was definitely from Shina... And Eri got a giant sword from Tokoyami, and let me tell ya, it was hilarious when Shina saw it! She nearly fainted! Izuku got my gift. It wasn't anything special. Just an All Might colored Kendama... But he seemed to really like it, which made me happy. But that wasn't the only thing I had bought. I put my hero coat on and use one of the arms to secretly tug Izuku's sleeve. Having gotten his attention, he looks over and sees me gesture him to follow me outside.

After a couple minutes of waiting, Izuku comes out to see me. "You wanted to talk, Noelle?" He asked.

"Mhm." I nod. "I, uh, know that you got my present from the secret Santa and all, but...I had another thing just in case you didn't get it... And I wanted to give it you." I say and show off what else I got. "I spent a lot of money on this... I hope you like it." I smile and show him an All Might autobiography. Hand signed by All Might himself! His face lights up with joy as he takes hold of it.

"Thank you so much, Noelle! I'll treasure it!" Izuku shines.

"Hey now, no need to get starry eyed at me...! You're...a really good friend. I just wanted to tell you that." I say with a soft smile.

We went back inside and started cleaning up after the party. Todoroki came up to us.

"Midoriya. Bakugou. Noelle. Mikuru. If you haven't decided on your work studies... Then how about joining me? At the Endeavor Agency?" He asked us all.