Chapter 14: Final Round, Verses Bakugou

Finally. The finals are here! My opponent is Katsuki Bakugou. From what I've observed from my time with him, he always starts with a right hook attack. As long as he can use his explosive sweat, he can fly through the air, so I just need to get him out of the ring, or knock him out. I really don't want to hurt him too bad, so maybe I won't knock him out. No doubt he'll go full force, even if I'm a girl, so I'll try to stay as far from him as possible. I always admired his confidence, but it does get annoying from time to time.

Whatever, I can't think about that right now. As I make my way from the waiting room, I try to calm myself again, and remember what my brother told me when we were still training. "Second place is not an option." I repeat his words, and enter the arena.

The crowd goes crazy as we enter together, and I could hear half the arena chanting my name. The other half was cheering for Bakugou, but he really didn't care. We look straight at each other, face to face, and he grins. "To be honest with you, Trippy, I didn't think you'd make it past the race." He taunted me.

"Neither did I, but I did. That's to be expected with a Quirk like mine, huh?" I take his taunting as a compliment, and he assumes battle position. I do the same, and wait for Midnight to make the call.

"Begin!!" She shouts, and Bakugou rockets toward me, like I predicted.

He swings his right hand at me, but I move to the left, and give him another push to get him out of bounds with him off balance. He manages to catch himself, and propels himself at me again. I didn't expect this, so I ended up taking an explosion to the face. I stop myself from flying too far, and land on my feet, but he hits me again. My body almost flys out of bounds, but I use the Force to bump myself back into the ring. Before he can blast me again, I use the Force again to contain his explosion. I grab his left arm, and attempt to throw him...but he blasted me with his other hand! I was knocked to the ground, and he slammed his foot on my back. "I can tell you're holding back. C'mon! Go full strength, don't hold back!!" He shouts, and explodes me again, hitting my back.

I scream from the intense pain from this particular explosion, and he repeats this over, and over, and over, and over again. Until, finally, I had just enough. I used the Force again, and launch him off me. He catches himself, and rockets toward me again. I stop him in his tracks, and slam him to the ground. I do it again. And again. And again...! "Hehehe... HahaAhHeheaAhAHAHehehaH!!" I laugh maniacally, and toss him into the wall, which was out of bounds, and slam him down again. I win. As Midnight stands in awe (or in fear, I didn't really care), she announces. "K-Katsuki Bakugou is out of bounds. Noelle Tachikazi is the winner." She says.

"Hehe...Heheheh...AhahahahaAHEhaheHehahehahehHeHaheHahaehehehaHehaHeahEAHAehahehaehahehaHAHEHA!!!!" I laugh again, but pass out.

Some time later, I wake up in the infirmary. "Oh, you're finally awake." Recovery Girl says to me.

"Y-Yeah... What happened...? My head hurts..." I say, as I don't remember what happened.

"Well, the short answer is, you won the match." She tells me.

"I did? I beat Bakugou?" I asked.

"Yes, and gave him quite the beating." She pointed over to him the bed next to me.

"Oh god! What did I-?!"

"Don't worry, dear, he's fine." She says to me, calming me down.

As soon as he woke up, it was time for the awards ceremony. I stood on the top pedestal, while Bakugou and Todoroki were below me. The pedestal rose from the ground, and the crowd cheered for us. Probably just for Todoroki and Bakugou, though. But I didn't care if anyone was cheering for me. I won! Hopefully brother is proud of me! All Might was presenting the awards to us, and each gave us a hug. Bakugou was surprisingly tame about all this. I expected him to be a rabid animal who didn't except second place, but that wasn't the case. Anyway, once it was my turn, All Might places the medal over my head, pulls me into his hug. Is it weird to say his armpits smelt like hopes and dreams? Probably. I'll shut up now.

While this is happening

Sen-Ryu, but call her Seryu for short, stands with Noa in a shadowy area. "I can see why you like her so much. But are you sure this is a good idea?" She asked Noa. "Yeah. All I have to do is butter her up, then she'll be like putty in our hands." Noa replied. "If you're so sure... C'mon. The others are waiting." Seryu says, and walks off with Noa.