Aldertree is questioning Jace in the City of Bones whilst Jace holds the Soul-Sword. The shadowhunters glare at each other, looks of hatred passed between them.

"Did you kill the werewolf Gretel Monroe?" Aldertree asks after a while.

"No." Jace says, shaking his head.

"But you captured her for your father, Valentine Morgenstern, just like you did to Alisha, after being encouraged by your spellbound sister." Aldertree states and Jace clenches his jaw.

"I accept full responsibility for my actions." He states and Aldertree smirks evilly.

"You have a great love for your sister, don't you?" He says and Jace growls lowly.

"Leave Clary out of this." He spits but Aldertree isn't satisfied.

"Yes or no?" The Sword lights up showing that he's trying to hold in his answer. After a while of struggling, he finally answers.

"Yes." He says.

"In fact, to my understanding, you two were involved in a romantic relationship prior to the discovery that you were siblings. Is that true?" The Sword glows stronger.

"Yes." He groans.

"What about now? Do you love her the way a brother loves a sister?" Aldertree questions.

"I've tried to fight it, but–" he cuts the young shadowhunter off.

"A simple yes or no. Do you love Clary the way a brother loves his sister?"

"No. It's more than that." Jace grunts and Aldertree smirks again.

"I see. Do you love your father?" He asks.

"I love the dream of the father I wished he'd be." Jace answers Aldertree's question.

"The kind of father who wouldn't kill a young boy's falcon? Yes. I know more than you think about you and dear dad. To love is to destroy. Quite a harsh lesson for a six-year-old boy. Do you agree with that sentiment?" Aldertee questions.

"Yes." The Morgenstern comments.

"Do you feel your father's goal to kill all Downworlders is just?"

"Yes and no." He says.

"Which one is it?"

"Both. My father's world view may be misguided, but I've seen the vampire dens that are thriving because of the Clave's lack of action. Your lack of action." Jace raises his voice.

"Final question. Can you pledge your unconditional loyalty to the Clave?" He states evilly.

"Facilis descensus Averno." Jace repeats what he said earlier.

"I asked you a question. Can you pledge your unconditional loyalty to the Clave?"

"I..." Jace trails off.

"Answer!" Aldertree shouts.

"No! No, I can't." Jace says quickly. He lets out a breath.

"Based on your testimony, I will recommend to the Clave a punishment of life imprisonment. May the Angel have mercy on you." Jace is about to slice his throat with the Sword but one of the Silent Brother uses powers to get into Jace's mind and pulls the Sword away. Jace screams, out falling to the floor. "Thank you, Brother Jeremiah." Aldertree looks at Jace. "There will be no martyrs here."

Alisha sits on the steps of the institute as she waits for her brothers to meet her. She called them 10 minutes ago asking if they could meet her. Although she's mad at Isaac, she really needs both her brothers at the moment. Both Lotova's walk up to the institute and see their sister with her head in her hands. They hear her light sniffles and automatically rush over to her. They both sit beside her and Jason pulls her into his side as Isaac rubs her back comfortingly.

"I'm sorry." She says as she thinks over everything she's done wrong.

"For what?" Isaac asks and she turns to her youngest brother.

"Putting you through hell, ignoring you. You both only want what's best for me and here I am trying to do everything on my own." Alisha states.

"You know it's not your fault, it's just how you are." Jason says comfortingly making Alisha smirk.

"That sounded so cheesy." She laughs and Isaac nods.

"It did Jason." He says making the older brother hit him on the back of his head. Suddenly, after a couple of seconds of peace, the three smell blood, and a lot of it.