Chapter 84. What Death Fears

Thresh POV

Hecarim chains Karthus to the nearby rock and shoves a hoof into his abdomen to wake him up.

Karthus: Argh...! What...?

He looks up to us and his expression turns to horror. That's good. I like that.

Thresh: How nice of you to join us Traitor. We were just about to start the festivities.

Karthus: What did you do to the others!?

Viego: Simple. We killed them.

He looks to the King in shock. This is what you get for shunning your power and position. Everything you could love, brought to an endless cycle of suffering. I turn to the Well of Souls and hover the Dark Star over it. It didn't take long for the dark energy and the souls to collide with one another.

Thresh: Feel glad you can witness such and event Karthus. Many will not see the rise of a new era.

Karthus: This is wrong Thresh!

Thresh: Wrong?

I turn to face him. He had since replaced his expression with a scowl. Entertain me more then.

Thresh: We became Gods. This power we have is a gift. You were the one who could not see that. You traded it for Love? For Family? What rubbish!

I dangle my lantern towards him.

Thresh: Soon the boy will be amongst these souls. And I will make you watch every waking moment of it.

We four then proceed to surround the Well as it continued to mix with the Dark Star. With this, we will forever change Runeterra and the rest of the universe. The Summoners? Aurelion Sol? They will simply add to our power. At first, I chuckled. Then I was in a full blown fit of laughter. Everything I have strived too have is now mine at last! The others were quick to join me in my laughter as victory was all but assured.

And then.... He came...

My vision was suddenly shoved to the side. Everything was in slow motion. I could see the others just now reacting too what had happened. I could see the summit getting further away. And then I saw him. That boy! But he was different. Minutes ago, he was full of fear and anger. Now it's just.... An entirely different thing. He spins in the air and plants a kick to my chest, sending me too the ruins below. As I'm flying down, an odd blast of energy flies from his hand and strikes....

Thresh: NOOOOO!!!!!

The blast hits the Dark Star, creating a massive explosion that nearly destroys the summit and sends everyone on it flying away.

Third Person POV (Que the Music!)

It was now time for the final battle. Thresh and the others crash to the ground below but Karthus was caught by something. A sphere of Light and Dark. It carries him to the ground safely before dispersing. Thresh on the other hand, busted from the rubble he crashed into and looks to see his enemy.

Thresh: DIE, LIKE THE REST OF THEM!!!!

Complete Y/N: Make me.

Thresh roars as he flails his chain around at unimaginable speeds before bringing it down on Y/N. But he catches it. He wasn't even trying. A peace and rage was split on his face. He yanks Thresh over before planting a boot in his face. Almost taking the burning skull from the body. Kalista sneaks up on him as Thresh is sent flying back and throws a spear. He steps to the side, not even looking at her. The spear lodges itself into the ground before dispersing. Hecarim charges through with his riders and were fully intent on crushing him.

Y/N turns his attention to them and manifests his arm cannon. This time, it wasn't just from Dark Control. Inside of it, a bright light burned. Within mere moments, the head of the riders were taken off. Hecarim barely had time to react to the shot coming for his but he manages to block it in time. This however, blows him back to the ruins he came from. Kalista in that time, readied a volley of spears and fired them in various directions. Each of them curve towards Y/N who doesn't even move.