Chapter 56. Love in Silence

Logan: Fair warning. I go back to school and work starting Monday so this book will start slowing down soon. I hope you enjoyed all these proofread chapters too cause I got bored of not working on this. Finally giving the other shippers their time to shine.

Marco POV

Whelp, things have been fun but tomorrow we'd all be heading back home. Feels odd that we've had these big problems away from Piltover. Almost like things just don't happen in there. Oh well, at least I'll be out here knowing my cats are no doubt making a mess. I should really get them a caretaker when I'm away. Right now we were all in a clothing district. They had all sorts of expensive stuff here. Sona said she'd cover us but we didn't really buy much. Well AJ and Jayce did some but they only got more formal wear. Save for that D.va Hoodie AJ got for Lux. Still can't believe he's dating someone that high class.

AJ: Think I should get Lux a D.va headset too?

Ezreal: Does she game?

AJ: When her parents aren't forcing her to do her duties. She's got it quite rough sometimes.

Anthony: I'm sure she'd like it but it be best to space out the gifts. Give her the Overwatch merch first then when the occasion arises, give her the dresses.

AJ: Aight, I see you.

Ms. Fortune: You all are certainly an interesting group. Most of us are almost strangers with one another yet we all act as if we've known each other for years.

Marco: One of the charms of a certain man and his girlfriends. I'll never get him back for it.

Sona: Yeah. Some of us would've never met if it wasn't for them...

Why do I see a blush on her face? She's been rather awkward since the war ended. I could try and see why but for some reason my heart says not to do that. The last time my heart told me not to do something, I ended up getting a stepmom that doesn't really like me. Maybe I'll just talk to her about instead. We roam around for a bit, talking and snacking on whatever cause AJ can eat a damn buffet out apparently and he really likes to share. I swear, this guy is gonna show up as a judge on one of the countless cooking shows at some point.

Once we were done, we met up with the other groups at the center fountain that connected to all the districts. Once we met, we were met with an interesting sight that made Qiyana chuckle.

Qiyana: Seems someone found the Palico District.

Ahri: Yes I did!

Happy: Meow!

Y/N looked as if he was trying to take a shit. He was certainly attracted to the too furry features of the two playful people. Akali and Seraphine were getting a kick out of it.

Evelynn: So, how about we end off today early with a small party of just us. There should be a place we can rent out for a day.

Ekko: This'll be on me this time Yasuo.

Yasuo: Good, I'd hate too spend your bet money.

Qiyana: Don't you boys worry about that. I know a place we can party.

Y/N: You know what, speaking of bets....

Akali: He's not gonna win doofus.

Y/N: Ain't no way a monkey gonna beat a lizard with an atomic flamethrower.

Akali: You'll just have to watch the movie and see for yourself then.

AJ: Will the Man of Lights bet winning streak end? Find out next time on Dragon Ball Z!

I'm defiantly in the wrong group of people. Everyone has these bright contrasting personalities and I've got the attitude of a realist. My powers didn't help with that one. Oh well, guess this is what I get for being friends with Y/N.

Anthony: As much as I'd like to join you guys, I think its time I got going. It was fun hanging out with you all. Y/N.

Y/N: Yeah?

Anthony: Next time we meet, we'll have to figure out who's stronger.

They both grin at one another. This was a match of the century. Too bad we'll have to wait for it. He walks off, no doubt back to his hotel room.

Ezreal: I need to get going too. I'm worried about my family.

Ms. Fortune: Need me to take you there?

Ezreal: No thank you miss. I can handle myself. That's what a Freelancer does right?

He says while looking at Y/N he smiles and nods. Ezreal repeats after him and runs off. Ezreal was a good kid but I'm afraid he'll end up being like Y/N one day. Gonna give some loner's life a real hard time.

Timeskip brought too you by some random survey ad that you'll skip anyway...

It was a good while before we arrived cause we had to go the the upper portions of the southern part of the city but we arrived at a club that was owned by one of Qiyana's cousins. We ended up with the 'Super' VIP room. Big enough for the remaining group. Too be honest, while everyone else was having a good time, I took a backseat to everything and glanced into the future. Everything was fine for the most part. No real threats that I can see. Once I'm done, I take a look at everybody and notice that Sona shifted away from the group. Guess it was time for me to talk with her.

I get up and walk over to her, greeting her with a smile. She returns the smile before looking back towards the group.

Marco: You okay?

Sona: Yeah, I'm just....

Marco: Taking in everything?

Sona: Mhm.... Can we, maybe talk outside?

An odd request but I went along with it. We excuse ourselves from the others and head outside. The night sky did well to bring out the beautiful lights of Ixtal. It was like we were standing on a whole different planet. Sona led me too a little bench nearby and sat down. I joined her and waited for her to start. The problem was.... She never started, just just played with her hair. I've felt plenty nervous before but right now I was experiencing a whole knew level of it. Did I do something wrong to upset her but she didn't want to tell me about it? No, that would be too simple. If I upset her, she'd give me an earful.

Marco: So....

Sona: Huh!? What happened!?

Marco: Good god Sona, you scared me!

Sona: O-oh! Sorry! I didn't mean that!

Marco: Okay, what's wrong?

Sona: N-n-nothing!

Marco: Sona, don't make me see into your future.

She gets a deep blush and looks away. Once she returns her gaze to me for a second, she holds out her hand.

Marco: Hm?

Sona: A-a-a-and If I wanted y-you too?

Okay, now I seriously don't want to look. What exactly is she trying too..... Oh my god.....

Marco: Sona... Is there something you want to tell me...?

She never returns her gaze but when she does, she barely holds it and looks down.

Sona: I've been meaning to ask..... But I wasn't brave enough to do so.....

Marco: Why?

Sona: Cause I thought you would...... H-h-h-ha....

She's in love with me....? How? I'm not that interesting. Wait, she never asked cause she was scared of how I would react. I'm not good with this stuff but I don't want to say no. Damn it, why me!?

Marco: Listen Sona....

Sona: H-huh?

I take her hand which makes her blush and glimpse into the future. She does in fact say those 3 words but I don't return them, which hurts her. I refuse to let that be her future.

Marco: I know what you'll say now. I'm sorry to say but in the future I don't return them.

She looks upset and I see tears start to form but I quickly put on the man pants and give her a quick kiss on the lips. It lasted only a second but it was enough to stop her dead in her tracks.

Marco: But this future is not that future.

Sona: Marco.....

Marco: I'm not good with this stuff. I'm not even the best choice really. I've got this strange feeling though. When I heard you say those words, I felt different. Wanted.

I shift my hand to her face and wipe away the tears that started to drip.

Marco: I can't return them now. But that doesn't mean I won't return them later. I just need time. Please, I want you too understand.

All of a sudden she pulls me into a hug. It takes me a moment but I do return it. That strange feeling was even stronger than before. I'll need to talk with Y/N or someone about this feeling. If this is what love is, I want to make sure it's good enough for Sona. I really do hope to tell her those 3 words as well now.

Someday my one and only DJ.

Someday.

Logan: 4/20 is the date of this chapters birth but it seems Marco and Sona will be blazing it another time. BAD DUM TSH!!!

Kill me again...