Chapter 51. Victory Together

Logan: Two quick notes. The picture above is kinda what Giovanni looks like. Just without the eye patch and has bright orange eyes instead of yellow. Two, this chapter as you can probably tell is much shorter. The real stuff is all pretty much done, this is just to wrap things up before the Aftermath. Enjoy.

Jayce POV

This was a horrible idea. Most of the demons here were crazy strong knights that could take on several men on their own. Even AJ was having trouble keeping up with them, no doubt he was exhausted from previous fighting. Those Transformer guys were certainly helpful in taking them down but they were the favorite targets for the flying demons. They also seemed pretty low on ammo. Anthony was nowhere to be seen either. Too make matters worse, the World Rune was at the top of the portal. I would have to make that climb without falling or else I'm dead. Won't be easy thanks to these damn flies in the air. I run threw the chaos and get as close to the gates side. I end up facing some resistance with a rather dangerous looking knight though.

It was currently armed with a two handed sword with a similar design to its armor

It was currently armed with a two handed sword with a similar design to its armor. It takes a swing but I block with my Mercury Hammer. I put some distance between us but kicking it in the gut, forcing it back. The distance didn't last long though as it was quickly to assault me again. This time I dodge out of the way and use my Thundering Blow. It blocks but was still damaged due to the force and magic behind the attack. I quickly follow it up with a overhead swing that it easily dodges. It then shoulder bashes me which not only disarms me due to a horrible angle on my part but also knocks me down. It raises it sword to strike but a few arrows go straight into its chest and neck. It staggers before looking towards the attack. I look back as well and see Ezreal.

Jayce: What did I tell you?

Ezreal: You can't expect to win by yourself. We do this together!

He returns to firing at the demon but it fast approaches him. I take this chance to get my hammer and switch to cannon mode. As I do, I turn and fire at its back, stagger it again. Ezreal then finishes it off with an arrow threw the head.

Ezreal: Come on, we have to move quickly!

Jayce: Right!

We both run back to the wall as quickly as possible. Ezreal takes points and readies his bow to defend me as I make this climb. With the gloves I had chosen, I'd be able to scale the gate no problem. I just had to not get pried off of it by something with wings. As I climbed up, the demons were certainly trying their best to claw me off. Even Ezreal was getting overwhelmed with the ask of defending me. The worst had come though. One of the demons managed to latch on to me, and while it didn't force me off, it did knock my jacket off. The jacket I was carrying the Mana Disruptors in. Those things weren't particularly fragile but that fall would defiantly render them useless.

At this point, I abandoned all logic and leapt down after it. Without those things, we'd have no chance of closing the gate and that's our only ticket to victory. I manage to grab on to it but had no way to break my fall. That was until the craziest thing happened.

Giovanni POV

I watched the older of the two kids jump for that jacket. All my suspicions were confirmed so now I needed him to make it out of this alive. To do so, I would need to help win this war at last. I throw down a boost pad to the edge of the roof I was standing on and run across it. This launches me off the side and towards the kid. I came extra prepared and had some boosters equipped onto my shoes in case I needed to float a little. I snatch the kid moments after he grabs his jacket and latch to the wall.

Jayce: What the- Giovanni!?

Giovanni: Disruptors.

Jayce: O-oh right.

He digs around and hands me the bag he had them carried in.

Giovanni: Cover me.

Jayce: You think you can make it?

I nod and let him go. He's quick to cling to the wall and start his descent. I wasn't going to waste time though. I use my last booster pad and hover up a little. It once again launches me into the air, way past the top. The demon presence was particularly thick here so I quickly spray my fear gas. Giving them something else to worry about. I quickly drop down and land near the World Rune. This ought to clear up a lot of issues. I near it and take out the bag. I activate one and set it down next to it. I take a few steps back till I'm forced to a crawl and the Disruptors go off with a large blast. This completely disables the rune and the portal to the Void slowly flickers away. The demons below and above began too freak out.

Their time was now. Either they would escape now or die later.

Vel'koz POV

How could I make such a miscalculation!? I turn my attention back to this little rag tag team of rescuers, only to get one of the succubus' lashers impaled in one of my small eyes. I wince but manage to pull back just enough. The damage was done and I was certainly going to die now even if I retreated. At least I wouldn't be going down without taking some of them with me.

Vel'koz: Kill these vermin!

The order was given and my chance of watching someone die assured... Except... They didn't listen. No, fear had struck these pathetic demons and they cowered. Ultimately choosing to run than fight. Was the fear of being disconnected from your home and hunted down that great? That succubus looked at me with a devilish smirk. All I can do is scoff and retreat threw a Void Rift, giving me instant access to the closer portal. I take one last glance at that annoying world.

Vel'koz: This isn't over!

With that, I entered, returning to my old home. The portal closed soon after, leaving numerous demons behind.

The Void Lords will not be pleased with this failure.

Evelynn POV

Vel'koz retreats and the lower class demons he called upon retreat in fear of being left behind. Just like the old days. Good to see some things never change.

???: H......e.......

All heads snap towards the voice.

Ahri: Bokkie....?

Kai'sa: He....l...p... M..e.....

Tears were pouring down her eyes as she tried reaching out for someone. This tore me apart. Seeing her like this was something I never wanted to see. Ahri takes her hand. Me an Akali quickly join her.

Evelynn: We need to get her help now.

I gently pick her up and begin to take her back towards the entrance with Ahri and Akali. True damage follows behind with Y/N who's features still haven't gone back to normal. We'll have to worry about that later. Leftover demons were being chased and killed by some soldiers led by that Darius guy. Garen finally arrived with his men and began to help the medics. Speaking of which, a blonde one was now approaching us. I know this girl from somewhere.

Blonde Girl: You have someone? Quickly, bring her here.

She leads us to an open spot amongst all the injured and I lay her down gently.

Blonde Girl: She looks horrible. Wait... This skin...

Evelynn: Don't question that. If you don't help her, she will die and I will NOT let that happen.

She then looks at me frightened. She quickly shakes it off and gets to work. I hope she's able to make this quick. Credo didn't mention how long it'll be before she returns to their control. I don't pray at all due to my hatred for angels but I'm willing to make an acceptation right now.

Blonde Girl: What about Y/N? Is he alright?

Akali: How do you know his name?

Blonde Girl: My boyfriend told me. He's really good friends with him.

AJ... I guess he was able to keep his promise. I look over to Y/N, his white hair slowly changing back to H/C. He was given a spot to recover but I don't think he'll be waking up soon. I did put a lot of power into that charm. He's probably having a dream right about now.

Blonde Girl: This is horrible...

I quickly look too her, almost getting whiplash from how fast I moved. Those were not the words I wanted to hear.

Evelynn: You had better be able to save her...

Blonde Girl: I-I-I can't miss but I can at least preserve her life long enough to get her to a healer.

Evelynn: Then do it!

Blonde Girl: Y-y-yes ma'am!

She quickly gets to work. You may have kept your promise AJ but that doesn't mean I won't take something from you if I'm not given what I want. No, what we need. All of sudden there was a shout saying 'We found Anthony' most of the soldiers led by Garen quickly head over. When they came back, he looked horrible. Most of his clothes were torn and his body was horribly scared from slashes to blast marks. A stunning looking body but I'm not interested right now. He was quickly brought to Kai'sas side. It wasn't long before the others arrived. Even the Transformers that Gizmo guy got for us.

Everyone looked horrible in someway shape or form. But they did it. They finished a war no one thought would ever end.