Chapter 74. Piecing Together the Puzzle

Logan: For those who don't know, Apex High Schooler just got its first chapter. Updates will be slow but I'll be getting them out when I find time to not write this book.

A little bit after the previous chapter...

Y/N POV

We were all back at the Precinct. Our little Zaun team got into a scuffle as well. They only came out with minor injuries. I did as well though I'm still a little exhausted from trying my little flight. I'm not exactly sure if I can ever master that but hey at least it's possible. All I need to do is be a true Jedi and trust in the-

AJ: YOU'RE GONNA BE A DAD!?!?!

Y/N: Sweet fucking christ that scared the shit outta me!

AJ mutters incoherent noises. I always liked seeing him shocked. The noises he makes are hilarious. Camille was tallying up some numbers. Thanks to Jinx and her overall destructive approach to everything, that one spot was wiped from the map. We still didn't understand what they were doing but we'd figure it out in a moment. Caitlyn then calls another meeting that all of us from before attend.

Camille: I've run the data through as many possibilities as I can. One thing I've noticed is where each location ultimately leads.

She shows us the spots on the projection and then lines routes too points of interest in Piltover.

Caitlyn: They were making quick routes to easy to hit spots.

AJ: And they're rallying Zaun against us. The sewer rift leads right under the fire department. Set enough charges and boom. No more firefighters

Ezreal: If that's true, why wait to do it?

Caitlyn: Zaun has its own wars to fight with itself. Picking another big fight with Piltover would probably be the end of Zaun. Rallying them is the best way to prevent them from falling.

Jinx: And with me covering up that little rift. We dealt them a serious blow. But, why do all this though? Demons don't normally do this even for the ones not born on Runeterra.

Camille: I believe they may be trying to thin our ranks and amidst the chaos, do whatever they are trying to do.

AJ: Lets go through the information. That transformer has only appeared large living areas. No doubt looking for someone important.

I didn't want to consider the possibility of them being after Ahri. After Xanders, no one would touch her or my child. If they are though...

Y/N: I would like to make a suggestion to that idea.

Caitlyn: What is it?

Y/N: This all seems odd in terms of timing right? Demons show up in our sibling city days after one of my girlfriends is confirmed pregnant.

Vi: Now that you say that, it is oddly convenient but how do we know they're after Ahri?

Y/N: I don't know but I've got a bad feeling they'll be in trouble.

Caitlyn: No. I think that may have just told us the answer.

Y/N: Huh?

Caitlyn: You amongst K/DA has the strongest ties to the Void?

Evelynn..... Oh god....

Y/N: I need to go...!

I barge out of the room and begin heading towards the studio. They should still be there.

Caitlyn POV

Camille: Should we have just let him go?

Caitlyn: Yes. If they are after Evelynn then he's the only one who can protect her. She is quite capable but she isn't Y/N. We'll continue our investigation.

AJ: Want us to take out any remaining spots?

Caitlyn: No. They may be rethinking their plan. Who knows what. We'll have to wait out their next move.

Vi: But if we play the waiting game...

Camille: Then we may be allow them to setup for something worse.

AJ: I'm with Caitlyn on this one. If they're main operation is at Zaun then we can't exactly take the fight to them.

Jinx: Well we did take out 2 of their friends.

Vi: I doubt we actually did.

AJ: At least someone agrees. Though I'm sure they're having that little issue with one another as we speak.

I pinch the bridge of my nose. This was all nothing but a big issue. We're trained to deal with criminals and yet somehow we've found ourselves dealing demons who have large scale plans and the power to do so. I dismiss the meeting and head back to the office with Vi and Jinx following me. I enter and take a seat at my desk, trying to wrap my brain around why they would want Evelynn. It couldn't be a sacrifice. The don't do that with other demons. Vi rubs my shoulder, trying to comfort me before the headache sets in. I look to her and she smiled sweetly. I grab her by her tie and pull her into a hot, wet kiss.