Chapter 82. Against All Odds

Two days later...

Dark Y/N POV

This is the most time I've had being the main controller of the body. Light has been awfully quiet. True Damage and Karthus were suppose to be arriving in a few minutes. Since they are aware of me. True Damage may not be too excited to work alongside a supposed monster. Hard to blame them for that though since that Dark Star sets my abilities into overdrive. As well as my killing intent. I wait out the time until they arrive and just as I thought, they weren't very excited about me. Lucian points a gun at me.

Lucian: What have you-

Dark Y/N: We gonna get on with this or we actually gonna kill each other.

Yasuo: Last time we saw those features, you were trying to kill Kai'sa.

Dark Y/N: I'm not gonna tell you to trust me. All I ask is that you bunch stay behind.

I gesture to the ones that aren't Lucian, Senna and Karthus.

Ekko: What? Why?

Dark Y/N: A lot of people are dead and I don't need anymore on my conscious.

Karthus: I see why you're taking me but Lucian and Senna?

Dark Y/N: Isn't that obvious old man? They're the only two that can handle what's out there besides me.

Though they're more than likely gonna die. That should help encourage Thresh to bring Light out. Karthus eyes me suspiciously.

Karthus: What happened to you kid...?

Dark Y/N: Lets just say I'm tired of playing the goodie two shoes. Somebodies gonna pay and he's on that damn island. Now lets go.

I hop onto his boat and await the three. They hopped on after a moment and Karthus drove us off to the Shadow Isles. Today was gonna be a slaughter. I doubt I can beat Thresh and even if I could, the Dark Star would probably take over the second I got the upper hand. Leaving me with some serious problems. Not to mention he's got his three lackeys. What a pain in the ass.

The Black Mist had come into our view and we were cruising towards it fast. Due to the dark nature of Karthus' boat, he knew his way through it. He lights a lantern at the bow and slows us down as we enter into the mist. It was cold and distant screams could be heard. The screams of the damned. Karthus hummed one of his songs while Lucian and Senna checked their gear. I simply kept my gaze to the light at the front. Karthus is a lot like them. No, just like them would be more accurate. Why would turn on them though? Unless he didn't actually turn on them and this is nothing but a trap...

Probably just me not trusting others. I do have trust issues due to Light being stupid all the time. After a bit of time I gaze out onto the water. You could see the spirits of the dead drifting through it. Endlessly suffering pain and agony. I'm no hero but I sure as hell don't want to see my big sis like them. If only there was a way to fix that.

Karthus: We're here.

We all look in front of us and see the island come into view.

Dark Y/N: Spooky.

Karthus: Trust me, it gets a lot worse.

Lucian: I don't want to spend much time here. Let us get his Lantern and leave.

Dark Y/N: I doubt it'll be that simple.

Like hell I'm gonna tell them about his backup. As much as I want to win, I gotta get something to encourage the Dark Star to go crazy. Karthus steers the boat around all the destruction in the waters and gets us onto the black, sandy shoreline.