Chapter 65. Giovanni Arc Aftermath

Third Person POV

The PLE raided Giovanni's facility and evacuated all of his prisoners. Whatever they were used for left permanent scars on their minds. Some even outright attacked officers. Camille found Ra's Stasis Chamber and discovered an AI housed in it for a short range control over the Mana Incarnation. This proved to her that Giovanni was a true danger if he could make a man made Mana Incarnation. Speaking of which, Giovanni had attempted an escape but was easily caught by Caitlyn who looked absolutely furious. Obviously more so at harming the man she loved than betraying everyone after closing the Void Gate. In her fury she had him ultimately shipped off to Prison Island named Tartarus. A prison for the worst of the worst and were to never see the light of day again.

While all of that was happening, Y/N was brought to a hospital for help. Unfortunately, things do not go as planned.

Evelynn: What do you mean you can't help him?!

Doctor: I'm sorry ma'am but your friend as suffered serious mental trauma. Whatever happened to him is also still in effect. We were able to detect traces of orange cells in his blood stream. We currently don't have a clue what that means but if I were to guess, it may be effecting his heart as well.

Ahri: Would that possibly mean...?

Doctor: We don't want to consider the chance of a heart attack. If that were the case, it probably would've happened by now. We aren't even sure if he could recover from this. I'm sorry.

The girls all felt defeated. It wasn't even a day that he'd been back home and he was already burdened by something worse than before. Just then, Seraphine and Marco arrived only to have their hearts sink as they look towards the girls.

Seraphine: Is he....?

Kai'sa: No... but.....

Marco doesn't even bother to ask, choosing to rush to his room. The doctor attempted to stop him only to get a slugged in the face. Marco barged in, scaring the nurses that were trying to calm Y/N down. He had tried escaping during all of this. Too him, everything was horrible. His mind saw things differently still. It was horrifying and the reaction of his body only made things difficult for others. When Marco entered, Y/N stopped dead in his tracks as he saw something completely different.

Y/N: W-w-who are you?

Marco: Y/N... Don't you recognize me?

Nurse 1: Sir you aren't suppose to be in here!Marco: Get out of my way!The nurses were stunned and even a little scared by his tone of voice

Marco: Get out of my way!

The nurses were stunned and even a little scared by his tone of voice. The girls walked in as well and just by glaring at them, Evelynn completed their fears and they ran off. Y/N, now having no one to restrain him, looked at the women he loved. They all were normal but who was the creature with them?

Y/N: G-g-girls...?

Ahri was the first to hug him, though he immediately tried to get away. The other pushed him into it while hugging him from all sides. At first, he was hyperventilating but once they all began to hum a gentle melody he calmed down. The orange glow in his eyes were still present which effected them even more. Knowing that he was still afraid. Marco approached him which made Y/N shift uncomfortably. This hurt the redhead, knowing that he made his closest friend afraid.

Ahri however, doesn't let this continue and grabs Marco by the wrist with one of her tails. Gently pulling him until his hand was inches away from Y/N. The clawed hands scared Y/N and made him whimper in fear but Kai'sa leads his hand to Marcos and upon contact, he could see his friend clearly.

Marco: Buddy?

Y/N: M-Marco...?

Marco smiles a little which immediately earned him a quick pull into a hug. Y/N quietly sobbed into his friends shoulder. Everyone immediately joins in. Trying to comfort their hero's plight. This made Marco feel awkward as he was no hugger and defiantly hated group hugs. His unamused expression doesn't go unnoticed by the girls though. Something they found funny and thought would help.

Evelynn: Something wrong Marco~?

Marco: Are you seriously shifting your boobs closer to my face.

Evelynn: And if I am~?

Marco: Can you like, not do that in front of your boyfriend?

Y/N: D-d-do what...?

Evelynn: Well it was a good try.

Marco: If you wanted to make him laugh, do this.