Chapter 33. Second Generation

Logan: Weird question but I'm all about that weird remember that. What feels better, taking a piss or taking a shit? There's my input for this chapter now. Buh-bye.

Marco POV

It's only been a few days and Bumblebee has really opened up too us. Of course, he did freak out when Sona brought True Damage along for the ride. From what I know, Ekko is good with tech so he may be able to help get Bee a voice. Progress has been....

Ekko: Man, how the hell do you not have a radio? This Camaro is all flash and no substance if it can be blasting our beats down the road.

On and off.... Bee just kinda looked at him with squinted eyes..... Optics? I think optics would be the right word. Ekko just shrugs his shoulders and gets back to working.

Lucian: Where exactly do you think he came from? It's not every day a transforming robot roams into town.

Sona: I don't know if robot is the right word. He seems too sentient to be considered one even if he looks like it.

Too bad my powers don't work on machines otherwise I'd be able to see something happen too Bee. I keep calling him Bee like it's a nickname. I guess I did give him a chance whereas everyone else almost attempted to turn him to scrap.

Marco: Wait, a second... I remember there being a Machine being just like him back in Ionia. This one was modeled after an old looking police vehicle. He didn't seem like a good cop though.

They still don't know about what happened and neither does Sona. Gotta make sure I play my cards right as per usual.

Yasuo: Do you think they came from the same place?

Bee then lets out a confirming hum while nodding his head. Ekko nearly falls off his shoulder but manages to regain his balance.

Qiyana: Probably shouldn't sit so close too his head like that short stack.

Ekko: Yeah yeah, whatevs. I'd like too see you do some mechanical work every now and then instead of posting shit on instagram.

Qiyana: My shit actually has more popularity than your attempts to be a genius inventor.

Ekko: Well my genius inventions would work if someone would stop-

Marco: Could you keep the married couple act stuffed in a bag until we fix Bumblebee. The clock is ticking you know.

Senna: He does have a point you two. How's the progress coming along.

Ekko: I need a few parts to get this thing working and something to power the connection. Don't suppose anyone has the connection part at the ready?

Sona: Looking at the pieces for Camaro radio parts. I'm sure we can get some as salvage and that'd work.

Ekko: I can make due but that connection though.

Bee then holds up his hand and slightly opens his chest. Revealing a small glowing sphere deep in his chest.

Marco: You trying to say you can use that as a connection?

Bee nods his head again, this time knocking Ekko off but catches him just in time.

Ekko: Thanks for the save but can he keep a little more still?

Bee makes an apologetic hum and puts him back on his shoulder.

Senna: Bumblebee, could you maybe tell us what exactly is that thing?

Bee then points to her.... chest.... Wait no... Not her boob, her...

Marco: A heart?

Bee nods again, this time keeping a hand near Ekko so he doesn't fall.

What are you Bee? You're design is too specific to be some simple machine. And you have a heart? Things just keep getting more and more confusing.

Lucian: I think I got something.

Senna: What would that be hun?

Lucian: It was a couple of years ago when the Void War started to reach a critical point. A company by the name of Viktor Tech in Noxus developed living machinery with limited sentience to defend the capital city from invading demonic forces. But due to the fact people were afraid of machines that have a limited ability to think for themselves, they were ultimately sent to the front lines at Icathia. Soon after, they rebelled against our forces and fought alongside the Void.

Qiyana: That's horrible. Do you think they corrupted them?

Lucian: I don't think it's possible to corrupt a machine with dark energies. No, I believe they understood they could have more and were given the choice. Bumblebee wasn't with this batch obviously.

Yasuo: Bee, do you remember meeting any of them.

Bee nods while grabbing and placing Ekko on the ground safely. Bee then closes his eyes and then shoots down a projection in front of him.

Sona: That's really cool.

Marco: Is this a memory...?

Bee nods and the memory plays back.

It showed several workers doing their job, working on several vehicles. A Pontiac Solstice, some sort of Hummer Rescue vehicle, a GMC Pickup Truck, Bee's Camaro and a blue with red flames 1985 Freightliner. Next to Bee was an Audi R8. The workers were hard at work until a pair of robots busted threw the roof. One of the workers yelled to shut down the new models before they could be corrupted. They were successful but Bee and the Audi R8 were not and transformed into robot mode. The police vehicle robot and what I assumed to be some sort of military helicopter trashed the place and killed a lot of people.

Police Robot: Seems these two get to be the lucky ones.

Helicopter Robot: You two best get a move on then. You wouldn't want to be slaves now would you?

Bee kinda quivered and backed away while the other Robot stepped forward.

Audi R8 Robot: He can't speak and he was the latest model of this batch.

Police Robot: How much sentience have you been programmed with.

Audi R8 Robot: Plenty. What's this talk about being slaves again?

Bee just slowly just walked away until he saw one of the humans still moving.

Police Robot: I'll explain later, right now I need to finish off my little mess.

He took aim at the human and fired but bee jumped in front, hitting him in the back. Bee in that moment, looked like he was in a lot of pain and confusion. Why did he do that?

Police Robot: Here we are, limited in numbers and you almost make me take it down by one. For a human no less. I'm disappointed in you.

Audi R8 Robot: Lets just go before they activate the EMPs.

Helicopter Robot: Fine then, leave the rest. They're of no use to us if they're like that one.

He points to be and all three of them leave. The human looks up to Bee who was then horrified of the look he had. Unconsciously, he transformed into car mode and drove off. The memory ended there.

Sona: So, there's more like you?

Bee nods.

Marco: Why did you run away?

Bee lets out a scared hum. I think he was afraid of what they might think of him so he ran. I can understand that.

Marco: Hey Bumblebee?

He looks at me with his sad optics. I can't believe I'm doing this.

Marco: If you want, I can offer you a better place too stay. I've got a garage that can hold you. You'll have to be in car mode most of the time though.

He seemed to think about it before nodding once again.

Sona: Congratulations on owning a transforming Camaro.

Ekko: This actually works out cause I don't think I can work my magic with him in this form. Yasuo, lets go get the parts and meet them back at Marco's place. Sound cool everybody?

We all agree and the two leave to get some parts while the rest of us head back to my place. Thank god my parents don't live me with or else this wouldn't slide in either Bastion or the Void.