Chapter 47. At War III

Around the same time as last chapter...

Anthony POV

Noble squad had been split up into groups of 3. AJ was with Giovanni, Y/N was with Jayce and I'm with Ezreal. We were tasked with securing the mountain pass which was a hell of tall order for 6 people but Garen wanted to make sure we could advance with what resources we had. This is certainly not gonna be easy. I rip my two swords from a demon and throw one into the skull of another. The plan was to split their attention so we could force a split in their forces just like us so we could have an advantage in combat. AJ and Giovanni had just set off a Magic Bomb and I just start blasting everything with my twin guns. Y/N finished it up with a big ass beam that I told him not too do. Things had calmed down but right now I think me and Ezreal were in the thickest part of the woods.

Ezreal was quite strong but he lacked confidence. Yeah he was the youngest and a kid like him shouldn't be here which only backs up my hate for the Summoners. Kid just became a Freelancer and here you are throwing him into a war he'll probably get PTSD from. Not to mention it was Y/Ns doing that he was here. If that damn Xanders Corp hadn't been so important for our resources, Ezreal wouldn't be here and we wouldn't be so desperate to use our remaining resources sparingly. If we don't get a supply drop soon, who cares if we take out the Void Wells, all of our men are going to be starved or left to bleed out on their beds.

Ezreal: Everything alright?

Anthony: Huh? Oh, no really if I'm being honest with you. With how things have been, we'll be lucky if we win this.

Ezreal: Hmm....

Anthony: Don't give up now. Still got a dream to chase right?

Ezreal: Yeah but...

Anthony: You still upset about Y/N?

Ezreal: I'd be lying if I said I wasn't...

Anthony: Give me a sec and we can talk about it.

I quickly pull out my Siegkaiser and cut down the last bit of demons. This should be enough to secure the mountain pass for a bit but they'll defiantly try to take it back. After that I rejoin Ezreal who looked pretty mopey.

Anthony: So why are you upset?

Ezreal: You already know why.

Anthony: I do, but I want you too say it.

He stares up at me before dropping his head back down.

Ezreal: Because my idol sent me to this place.

Anthony: Was that so hard? Now, what do you think he would tell you.

Ezreal: That he's sorry.

Anthony: And?

Silence was all I got.

Anthony: Wanna know why I'm doing this?

He looks up and nods.

Anthony: Because if I don't, you'll die. Listen kid, I ain't got much too lose but I don't wanna see a kid lose his life because of a simple mistake.

Ezreal: What happened was not a simple mistake!

Anthony: Is it not though? What would you do in Y/Ns shoes? If you aspire to be like him, you would've done the exact same thing.

Ezreal: I-...... Um.....

Anthony: Take it easy. The only reason you made it this far is because of Y/N.

Ezreal: But you and AJ?

Anthony: AJ's watching over Y/N for a lot of people. I've just been trying to lead and keep an eye on Giovanni. He rubs me the wrong way but I ain't gonna do anything if he's just acting suspicious.

Ezreal went silent again and stared at the ground.

Anthony: Wanna know what I believe? I think if you were to ask Y/N if being like him should be your goal, I think he'd say no.

Ezreal: What?

He looks up to me with utter confusion.

Anthony: He would probably tell you to be better than him. Doing that would be nearly impossible but look at him right now. Ever since he got here, he's pretty much carries the team in terms of firepower. Not to mention he seems rather uneffected by the atmosphere this war gives off. I kinda wish I was like him sometimes.

Ezreal: I guess you're right.

Anthony: Just forgive him and move on. If you let your concern on what happened get in the way, it could cost you your life and I don't think Y/N would ever recover from that.

Ezreal: But what if he finds me annoying?

Anthony: Do you think that matters? Your death could be his fault and he'd never get over it. Just hold out till-

A quick whiff of the air told me something was burning, I looked over the pass and too a faraway cliff that was on fire. I knew that was Y/N and Jayce's location so I quickly boot up a comm call.