Chapter 35. Consequences

Ahri POV

Our trip to meet Y/Ns parents had ended and we were home, enjoying a nice little cuddle session with Y/N. He fell asleep on the ride so I decided to let him sleep in my room with me and Akali as his pillows. He looked like he was really enjoying it. Akali herself was starting to doze off so with a couple of head rubs, she was out. I giggled at how cute a couple of kids can be. They are about the same age so it only makes sense that they'd have similar habits. After a few minutes, I slowly nuzzle my way out of their grip and off the bed. They stir in their sleep before cuddling with each other.

Ahri: So cute....

I then hear something behind me nudge so I quickly look back and see that my tail had moved the pair of sunglasses I usually have out. It was wagging a lot, I must have really be happy if it was moving that fast. I slowly made my way out of the room and shut the door behind me. Once that was done, I made my way to Seraphines room. One knock later, I get a faint 'Come in' and enter. There, Sera on the phone with someone. She seemed pretty worried which in turn worried me.

Sera: Yeah, I'll let him know. Be safe okay?

She ends the call and sniffles before facing me.

Ahri: Everything alright?

She doesn't respond. She only looks down. After a moment, she looks up to me with teary eyes.

Sera: Eve left with Kai'sa to check in with Caitlyn... She said they're coming for him...

And like that, my heart sank. It hadn't been that long, Karma did give us around 2 weeks yet not nearly enough time had passed. Me and Sera quickly find ourselves hugged together. Since she was shorter than me, I lean my head against hers and bring my tails around her. I can't believe everything that is happening. Why do things have to be this way...?

Ahri: Come on, lets go spend time with him before he leaves.

She nods and we head back to my room. Y/N and Akali had just woken up. When they saw us, they made these happy but groggy faces at us.

Y/N: How could you leave us? Our fluffy blanket was missing.

Akali: Mmmhmmm....

Ahri: I just wanted to check on Sera, that's all it was you two.

Y/N: Everything alright?

I looked at Sera first, and she shook her head. I know Y/N was willing to pay this price but still doesn't make it fair.

Ahri: We were about to start watching the new Godzilla vs Kong movie on HBO. We were wondering if you two would like to join.

Akali: I'm down as long as Kong wins.

Y/N: Foolishness Akali. Foolishness. What is a monkey compared to a God?

Akali: What is God to a Nonbeliever?

Ahri: Come on you two. This matter will be settled as soon as you get to the living room.

Sera remained silent which didn't go unnoticed by Y/N who when trying to ask her what is wrong, ended up getting a hug instead.

Y/N: Sera?

Sera: Sorry, I just really needed this okay...

He smiles and returns the hug, playing with her hair a little. Akali looked me in the eye and just like that, got all the answers she needed. She motions to say something but I shake my head, stopping her. After the two were done hugging. We head to the living room and boot up the movie to watch the a monkey and a lizard kill each other. Sounds like a good enough plot line to me. After all I watch Dragon Ball where a guy who is actually an alien monkey fought a space lizard who may as well be Space Hitler.

A while ago...

Evelynn POV

I had just received a call from Caitlyn about wanting to meet up. She's normally busy so this was no doubt about Y/N. I was afraid this would happen. Kai'sa decided to come with since AJ apparently requested a meeting with her. Once we arrived and headed inside, all the police personnel froze in place. I wasn't sure why, whether it be the angry expression I wore when I walked in or that I'm affiliated with a criminal now. Vi then walks up too us.

Vi: You're here. Right this way.

We follow her to Caitlyns office where just outside, AJ waited. He pushes off the wall and steps aside.

AJ: Kai'sa if you would kindly follow me.

She looks to me, worried. I nod to her and she hesitantly nods back and walks off with AJ while I head into the office. Inside, Caitlyn was filing some work while Jinx was doing whatever she was doing.

Caitlyn: I'd say I'm glad you could come but....

Evelynn: Cut the crap Caitlyn. Why call me here?

Caitlyn: Too inform you that you have one warning.

My anger was now colliding along side curiosity.

Evelynn: A warning?

Caitlyn: Due to Y/Ns involvement with an Elder Dragon... No, a pair of Elder Dragons. A Summoner will be overseeing his sentence.

Evelynn: .....................What.....?

Too ever meet a Summoner is a once in a life time opportunity but this... This is worst case scenario and we have no way to win this. All I can hope is that they have mercy on him. As much as they can anyways. The Summoners aren't the most kind people you can meet. Sending him to Ixtal to fight against the Void is one thing but the Summoners can do far worse. That, even I fear knowing.

Caitlyn: In the case of Lunastra, Y/N was given a free pass due to her being under the the influence of a Void Snatcher. A rare but powerful demon that possesses the body of its victims and forces them to obey. Teostra or by his human name, Xanders was in complete control of his actions. What he did was wrong and he too will be punished. Severely due to his involvement with the Void.

Evelynn: Why would this involve a Summoner though?

Caitlyn: That I do not know. All I know is that one of the Six will be there and no doubt be the Judge.

All I could do is tighten my grip and clench my teeth. I've never felt powerless in my life and now that I am. I don't know what to do. The man I love is going to be leaving me... No, leaving US for god knows how long and there's nothing I can do.

Caitlyn: As soon as Kai'sa comes in, we leave to apprehend him. I wish I didn't have to but...

Evelynn: Be silent... I need to make a call...

Vi was about to stop me but she stops herself as Caitlyn was about to speak. I grab my phone as quickly and calmly as possible and dial up Seraphine.

Kai'sa POV

AJ led me too the Armory. I was still unsure what it was he wanted to talk to me about specifically but I feel as if it isn't anything good.

AJ: So, I needed to get this off my chest before I go to no mans land.

Kai'sa: What is it?

AJ: You.

Kai'sa: Me?

AJ: Don't think I haven't looked threw the records.

Records? You mean they know of my past? I started to freak out, even more than what I already was. I knew about the Void. I was taken by it when I was a child and barely survived. How exactly do they know about that.

AJ: Listen to me.

He puts his hands on my shoulders, trying to calm me down.

AJ: Whatever you do. Do. Not. Get. Involved.

Kai'sa: Why...?

AJ: I'm getting shipped to Ixtal soon and Y/N was more than likely follow. I've studied what we know on the Void and came across records of Void Touched individuals. I know you have a strong bond with him but don't let your fear or anger consume you.

Kai'sa: I wouldn't-

AJ: Don't lie to me.

Kai'sa: Huh?

AJ: Even now, you're tearing yourself apart at just the thought. I can see it in your eyes. I don't know you very well but I know just enough about people that they do stupid things.

He was right about everything. I wasn't sure what to do. I didn't want to go back but the thought of Y/N going there and experiencing the horrors I experienced... AJ shook me out of my thoughts.

AJ: Don't think about it. Go back to a time when Y/N wasn't around. If you don't, you'll only end up making things worse. Now come on, The others are waiting for us.

There was so much on my mind. Go back to a time without Y/N? But ever since he came, things have been better. I felt safe. I felt brave.... I felt loved by someone else... Someone I could share it with... AJ shook me out of my thoughts again.

AJ: Don't. Okay?

I stare in silence before nodding and following him back to the office.

Logan: And thus begins the second Arc of Hero of the Stars. Bit of an odd start and I ended up going to watch Godzilla vs Kong in the middle of writing this chapter so it got even odder. Seriously, Marvel is gonna have to step up their game if they wanna beat that movie. That's going in my Top 10 list right there.