Chapter 29. Memories of Home

A/N: Took a break on the weekend to reacquaint myself with friends and play the hell out of Risk of Rain 2. A much needed break.

Y/N POV

The feeling of my head being scratched gently woke me back up. I may not be the brightest when it comes to time but I knew I was only asleep for around an hour. When my eyes flutter open, they shoot around until they come into contact with a pair of golden ones.

Evelynn: You alright, darling?

Y/N: I am now.

She hummed a little and continue scratching. It was very soothing and I am not reminded as to why I am jealous of cats. Being lazy all the time and that damn purring sound. Why can't we humans purr? I'd sound like a purrfectly fine engine right about now. I wonder if Ahri can purr. She's already perfect, just add the purr and she's more than complete. A knocking at the door catches both of our attentions. Evelynn gives them the all clear to enter and it opens. Revealing Kai'sa.

Kai'sa: Breakfast is ready you two.

Evelynn: We'll be there shortly Bokkie.

Kai'sa nods and closes the door as she leaves. Eve then turns her attention to me again.

Evelynn: Remember, if you ever need to go somewhere safe, our arms are open. I love you Y/N.

Y/N: I love you too Evelynn.

I cuddle up to her for a bit and she keeps me close between her arms. After a few minutes, we both get up and get dressed. I asked if she wanted me to clean up after our little night but she told me she would do that. We both head out and too the dining room where Kai'sa has prepared a rather different type of breakfast in chocolate oatmeal. Apparently it was Ahri's suggestion. The three were already eating but when we came into sight, Ahri immediately had a pouty face that Akali held in a laugh at. I could only guess as to why.

Sera: Good morning you two.

Y/N: Good morning girls.

Ahri: I guess you can say it is....

Evelynn: Someone upset~?

Ahri: Whatever gave you that impression?

Eve rolled her eyes and took a seat while I grabber us both a bowl of oatmeal. After I placed it down in front of her and took a seat between her and Akali, I stormed threw my mind on that nightmare. What was it and why was it so real? I ate a little slower than everyone else and as they all finished up with their food, they caught on. Before they could even ask, Evelynn stepped in.

Evelynn: It's alright girls. Just leave him be for now.

They looked concerned but a quick smile was enough to reassure them and they went on too their own activities. Once I finished up, I decided to call Marco and check up on him. Turns out, he was in a sticky situation.

Sona: Hiiiiii!

Marco: Yes, scream it to the heavens why don't ya.

Y/N: Sounds like you're having a time.

Marco: I went out for some Starbucks and ran into her on the way. Now she's glued to my side and won't stop bothering me.

Sona: You know you like having me around.

Marco: Yes, I like the possibility of the media starting to going crazy when the greatest DJ is seen hanging out with a nobody.

I swear, if I didn't know any better, I'd say they were a married couple.

Y/N: Well I was just wanting to check on ya. Was going to call my parents soon but you came to mind first.

Marco: Something bothering you?

Y/N: Just a bad dream. I miss them anyway.

Marco: Well I won't let me- What was that?

Y/N: Huh?

Sona: N-nothing! You said you gotta call your parents right. Well go on and do that.

Marco: Yeah... Something just came up.

Y/N: Do you need help?

Marco: Not technically. We'll see you around okay?

Y/N: Okay....?

He ended the call in a rather quickly. That was weird. They said they didn't technically need my help and Sona has her powers so Marco should be fine. Doesn't help my worry though but it didn't sound like they were in serious trouble. It was more of uh..... They saw something weird. Whatever the case, I rung up my mother and after a little bit of ringing, she finally answered.

Amy: Sweetie?

Y/N: Hey Mom.

Amy: Everything alright?

Y/N: You know I'm suppose to ask that question first right?

Amy: It's my place as a mother to ask my child if they are alright. Whether or not I do it first is not up to you my little muffin.

Y/N: Okay, okay. I give... I'm doing alright.

Amy: Is the house alright? I heard some news from Will er... AJ that you moved.

Y/N: I got a job from some wonderful people. Got a sweet penthouse to move into.

Amy: Did you grab all the important stuff dear?

Y/N: Yes Mom.

She sighs over the phone. That house had been her home since she moved her before even Trisha was born. At least, that's what I've been told. No doubt she was upset but she always wanted the best for me.