Chapter 31. Visiting Family

Logan: Starting to think Wattpad needs to update their notifications tab. Too many things to check out when I finally woke up from my beauty sleep. It's easy. Just split everything into a different category instead of shoving them all in a single line.

Y/N POV

It was a few days after I went to my old home, thankfully the girls were rich and had a little more free time so we were able to head to Demacia and rent a vehicle so we can head on our way to Trevale. I really needed this. It was around a year ago since I last saw them in person. Right now I was in the very back with Sera while Kai'sa and Ahri were in front of us and Eve and Akali were in the front two seats. Thank god we got a six seater cause the original plan was to just drive all the way to Trevale instead of taking a plane to Demacia. That would've taken a few days given it's on the other side of the continent from Piltover.

Sera: You okay?

Y/N: I don't know.

She puts her hand on my back and rubs it up and down slowly. Sera had asked Marco to come with us as well but he had business to take care of. Said Sona got him a new car that needed maintenance right away. It was okay though. Sona was no doubt bothering him a lot so I didn't want too add more to his plate. She really grew interested in him real quick. Wonder why.

Eve: Darlings, we're here.

We all looked forward too see the entrance too the settlement. It was pretty ordinary for farming village though it was much larger and had a small semblance of technology. There weren't too many humans here. Mostly small furry creatures. Evelynn parked us in a small area meant for visitors. Least they were thoughtful enough to make this place. Evelynn went and registered our vehicles as in use so not to get it turned to scrap while we're here. These little creatures tend to do that apparently but hey, rules are rules and if you don't follow them, too them it's free game.

Akali: Any clue where to start?

I nod and start looking for a house near a berry farm. They sent me pictures every now and then to show their progress. Apparently they get a lot of different berry seeds from the Eastern Regions of Runeterra. I heard they even got a little present from there at some point. I wonder what. Eventually I find the place, it was a little beat up but it was a place to call home. I walk up too it to knock on the door but something scurries up to my side and bites my ankle.

Y/N: YOOOOUCH!!!

I hear a faint 'What was that' inside the house while I'm busy trying to get this thing off of my.

Y/N: YOOOOUCH!!!I hear a faint 'What was that' inside the house while I'm busy trying to get this thing off of my

Logan: Just establishing a few more world facts that will hold a little meaning in the future. Also it's my book so screw everyone else.

Akali and Ahri try to yank it off but it's got an iron grip on my ankle. After a moment of fighting with it, the door is opened by my Mom who looks shocked until her eyes land on the creature biting me.

Amy: Yumi! Stop biting my son's ankle!

The little creature named Yumi finally released me yet somehow, it letting go hurt worse than when it was biting me. It then jumps into her arms and she holds it up.

Amy: I know Daddy said you need to protect us but this is going a little too far.

Y/N: Got a pet now?

Amy: It was actually that gift we were sent Sweetie.

Eve: Wait... You were gifted a Magical Monster as a Pet?

Amy: Yes we were. Come on in, I'll explain on the inside.

We follow her inside and into the living room. This place wasn't big, only meant for two people but large enough for visitors. My mother continue to carry Yumi as she sat on the couch. It was like a little baby in comparison to everyone here.

Y/N: So lets start off with introductions. Mom, these are my bosses. Evelynn, Ahri, Akali and Kai'sa. You remember Seraphine right?

Amy: Of course I do dear. It's a pleasure to meet you all. I'm Amy. Honey! Our son is here.

We heard a bit of noise before my Dad walked in from the Kitchen.

Leonardo: Son! How are you?

Y/N: I'm doing fine now that I've seen you two.

Another round of introductions later and we were talking about Yumi.

Y/N: So what exactly is Yumi?

Eve: According to history. Yumi is a creature capable of extraordinary feats of strength and evolution.

Ahri: Like an Elder Dragon?

Eve: In a similar way, yes. But creatures like these were not created by the Summoners when they first formed Runeterra. They were apparently from another world and inhabit the Eastern Regions of the planet.

Y/N: How strong is it?

Leonardo: Strong enough to protect this whole town from a small group of bandits. Every now and then Bandle City emissaries head to the Eastern Regions to negotiate trade. Mostly food and forms of weapons and technology. The little creatures of the city may not be the greatest but if it wasn't for them, we wouldn't have anything from the rest of Runeterra outside of our region.

Amy: We started a little berry farm using seeds that were gathered from all over the region and started selling them. During one of the trades, our berries were a big hit and one of the emissaries asked for more. I believe his name was Ma Chao? Anyway, Trevale soil is a perfect place for our farm since he has some magical properties and as a thanks Ma Chao gave us Yumi. Apparently she's suppose to be a dragon of sorts.

Y/N: You mean to tell me you have a dragon in your house?

Amy: Yep.

Y/N: I need to visit this guy and asked him for one of these creatures. A bodyguard could use a good boy to help him out.

Ahri: That's a bit of a tall order but I'm sure we can...

Y/N: I'm just kidding. I'm not sure we can let a dog or any pet into the penthouse anyway.

Leonardo: You live in a penthouse?

Eve: He lives with us along with Sera. She has quite the talent that we refused to let go to waste and since Y/N here is quite the hero, we gave him a job as our bodyguard. Let him make a little extra money. We had to move him in with us for safety reasons.

Amy: I see. That brings me to my question. Why'd you visit us? You didn't even call so something must have come up.

My expression damped a little which doesn't go unnoticed by everyone. I excuse myself for a moment and head out to the car to grab a container. I come back and hand it too my Dad. He looks concerned but when he opens it, his expression becomes a mixture of happy and sad. It was the Dahlia flower, sitting perfectly in the pot. My mom began to tear up. Yumi let out a confused squeak before Mom held her tighter. Dad was on the verge of tears as well but he shook them off long enough to place it on the table. There it sat, once again standing strong as if it had never had a challenge in it's life.

Leonardo: Thank you.....

His tears finally started to drip and so were mine. My Dad then sat next to Mom and held her tightly.

Amy: We tried to grow one... but none of them ever blossomed like the one she grew....

I had finally broke into sobs and ran into their arms. Everyone else watching in silence as the three of us cried together. Yumi was set free as my Mom returned my hug. No matter how long it may be, the pain of losing someone you love will never go away. For my parents, this pain was the worst and I couldn't help but share that pain. No family is truly happy if there is one member of it in pain. And all of us were indeed, in pain.

Seraphine POV

We all watched as the family cried together. It was heartbreaking to see them like this but there was nothing we could do.

Sera: Come on girls, lets leave them be for now.

The rest of them nod and we all get up and head outside, giving the family some room. Before I close the door, I give them one last look. Looking at just the three of them, it really felt like an incomplete painting. One that will never be complete. I finally shut the door and sigh.

Ahri: I knew this was going to be hard for him but.....

Kai'sa: This was worse than we thought....

Akali sat on a ground and buried her face into her knees. Evelynn didn't say anything. Instead, I felt that murderous aura radiate from her. She was really upset. Probably more so than the rest of us here.

Sera: Lets just give them time, okay? Their family has been threw a lot.

Everyone agreed either with a Mhm or a silent nod.

Evelynn POV

I just stare out into the village. Everyone was going about their business but I wasn't focused on that. I was focused on my bottomless rage that threatened to spill. I will find this murderer and make him pay for what he's done to this family.

Even if it's the last thing I do.