Chapter 12. Freelancer from Demacia

A/N: Sorry, not sorry.

Y/N POV

That was horrible. Those finals were the stuff of nightmares and this is only day 1 of 4. Marco and Sera didn't have too many problems but I sure as hell did. I'll be passing this year by the skin of my teeth at this rate. Me and Sera head back to the Penthouse for some much needed rest.

Sera: Today was rough.

Y/N: You're telling me.

Sera: Come on Y/N, you studied all day Sunday and almost studied too midnight yesterday.

Y/N: Add saving the power plant from some guy with a radioactive sludge monster form and you've got yourself one burnt out Freelancer.

Sera: Thankfully Caitlyn hasn't called you in yet.

Y/N: I might check in and see what's going on just to be sure.

Sera: Save that for another time. Didn't you want to get closer to the girls?

I blush slightly but eventually nod. Sera giggled at my behavior. I found out this morning Sera had stabbed me in the back with that stupid sleepover story. Ahri teased me all morning and asked if I wanted to sleep with her so I would be safe. To say I was embarrassed and betrayed would an understatement. What shocked me is, I never said no. The elevator comes to a stop and opens up to the penthouse. Sera immediately goes over to Ahri, no doubt talking about high school drama. I, on the other hand, drop my stuff in my room and head down to the gym. Akali was down there so I decided to see her workout regimen. She was pretty well built and quite athletic, not dissing the other girls though. After she gave me a rundown of her workout, I easily double it with only a little bit of a sweat.

Akali: You workout often?

Y/N: Not too often but enough to keep my body in shape. These past few days have been nothing but constant mental work so I haven't been able to train my body as often. Glad you guys have such a good set of equipment.

Akali: We worked hard for all this. We wanted to have all we could get. This was more of a necessity than a luxury though. Not that any of us complain.

Y/N: Hmm...

Akali: Hey. If you don't mind me asking, why do you always turn down rewards? And don't tell me it would be selfish, that only has so many uses.

I thought about it for a bit. It's true that I turned down a lot, if not all rewards ever given to me. I let out a sigh when I finally come up with a suitable answer.

Y/N: I guess the answer would be people could put it too better use. I live a pretty easy life considering how strong I am but people seem to think I deserve more. Enough is what I need, I never need more. If people constantly give me stuff, what would I do with it? I was never in financial trouble due to donations I wasn't allowed to refuse. Not to mention some people may be making their life harder just to show me appreciation. I can't allow that.

Akali stared and slowly nodded her head in understanding.

Akali: You've got a heart of gold, you know that?

She then gives me a peck on the cheek, which startles me a little. This earns a giggle from the Ninja.

Akali: Ahri was right. You are a cutie.

Y/N: S-s-s-so I've been t-told...

She then burst into laughter at my stutter, embarrassing me more. She asks if I want to head out for some ramen. I tell her I can just make her some but she insisted that I don't use my powder for a while. After getting cleaned off, we head on down to the garage and hop onto her bike cause I didn't feel like exhausting myself more today and head off to a place called Tengoku No Mon Ramen. From what I know, that's Japanese for Heavenly Gate Ramen. Weird name but I ain't gonna judge. Before we could enter though, a truck comes barrelling down the street, almost hitting us. Looking to the culprit, it was a demon, a riot demon to be exactly.

 Looking to the culprit, it was a demon, a riot demon to be exactly