Chapter 52. Void War Arc Aftermath

Logan: Going on a break after this. At least you assholes will be happy knowing that a Lemon is soon to come right?

Third Person POV

The war with the Void was over. Men roared in victory. Icathia was liberated from its shadow and Runeterra was saved from a growing menace. Not all was happy though. Thousands of men and women died over the course of this war. Almost 4 years of conflict against the demons. Icathia, though saved, would never be restored. The city was completely destroyed during the invasion and the final battle. All of its relics and magical knowledge either seized or destroyed. Corruption seeped into the very land itself. Credo, leader of this sect of Angels in Bastion, would go to oversee the purification before returning to his home.

Right now, there was a great march back to Ixtal, led by Garen and Darius. Military leaders of their respective capitals. They had their differences but ultimately set them aside to defeat a common enemy. Behind them was Optimus Prime. Leader of the second generation of Transformers called the Autobots. Ironhide and Jazz were at his side while Bumblebee and Rachet help assist in moving the wounded. Lux helped move along AJ who suffered some damage and was almost rendered cripple due to a leg injury that needed serious repair. Jayce and Ezreal helped carry Anthony. The latter was fully awake but was still in a horrible condition, preventing him from fully understanding what is going on.

Giovanni remained in the back, unseen by the rest of the people. His eyes lock to sleeping hero that Evelynn was holding. Evelynn felt that gaze and looks back to Giovanni who was no longer looking. Akali was carrying a slumbering Kai'sa on her back with Ahri helping a little. True Damage and Ms. Fortune helped any injured soldiers having trouble keeping up. After a while, they stopped and setup camp on the Ixtal border. A few hours had passed already and they needed to tend to the wounded once more. Some had perished in their sleep while others clung to their life. Though they had won, the cost paid was heavy. Perhaps too heavy.

One day later...

Y/N POV

Everything was dark. The last thing I remember was Kai'sa and a bright light. Searing pain and a dark laughter. When I awoke, I was.... at my parents house? How did I get here? Why does everything feel strange? I looked around for a bit before getting up. This was their room but why was I in their bed? I went to the living room and saw nobody. Nothing but a wilted Dahlia flower. I walked over to it for a closer inspection but when I did, I heard a rumble and smelt smoke. I followed it outside and saw that the town was burning. There were burnt or burning yordle corpses. Bodies oh humans wore torn, and worst of all.... My mother was impaled upon a cross with my fathers head at her feet. Tears poured as I screamed at the sight. This atmosphere was just like before. The other nightmare. Just then I heard a familiar laugh. My own?

Then a black figure walked up to me. I was too traumatized by what I just saw to even muster a fighting stance. I could only back up in fear. The black figure continued to walk to me until it was just a few feet away. Their body began to show color until I saw their face. I was completely shocked by what I saw. It was me with glowing red eyes and white hair. He looked amused by what he saw but strangely... I didn't see evil behind his expression. Was he that good at hiding it or is it because this is just a dream version of myself, trying to comfort me. I didn't know what to think until he chuckled.

Other Y/N: Weak and pathetic. That's just like you Light.

Y/N: Huh?

Other Y/N: You heard me.

I know what he said, I just didn't understand his meaning. He shook his head with a disgruntled expression.

Other Y/N: I'll cut too the chase. We are both bound by chains. Chains we didn't know we had. They have a source that you must destroy.

Y/N: A source?

Other Y/N: Stop acting stupid. Or were you always like this and I never noticed?

What the hell is he talking about?! Chains that bind us? This only bakes more questions. He was about to continue until his face had a look of horror. He whips around too see what was coming. I didn't see it at first but I heard it. Footsteps. Cold, dreadful footsteps. They somehow echoed, overshadowing the crackling the flames made.

Other Y/N: He's here.

Y/N: Who?

He looks back to me with a mix of anger and fear.

Other Y/N: Her Murderer.

Just then, everything went black. That same cold feeling from before hit me like a blizzard. It was so much worse than before. Like it was closer. Those footsteps returned as well. At first they were distance but soon, they grew louder and louder. Until..... it stopped. I felt a presence behind me, one that made the very marrow of my bones freeze. I dare not look at it. Terrified of what I may see. Then came an ominous, otherworldly laugh.