Chapter 38. Prepare for War

Logan: Sorry about the delay on this. Needed to take a bit of a break and enjoy Monster Hunter Rise. Just got to 7 Star quests and made a kickass build to hunt Rajang casually. Might also be going back to work soon so updates will be slower unless I get a good thingamajig to work on.

Y/N POV

All those words he said have been flowing threw my mind. That was yesterday and right now, I'm in a convoy of other individuals who are either chosen to be here or volunteered. Some looked pretty hopeful and confidant. Others looked hopeless and fearful. One thing is for certain though. All eyes were on me the second I was sent in. The news was out that the Man of Light is now a criminal fighting against the Void. I don't know how they are taking to it but I hope the girls don't let it get to them. The last thing I need is one of them going after me or to Mount Targon to give the Summoners a piece of their mind. Not that they could anyway...

Eventually the convoy entered a deep lush jungle and so the 5 vehicles switched to hover mode and went threw unaffected by the terrain. I think each vehicle held around 60 people. Probably more. One of the people in particular wouldn't stop staring at me. He wore a modified breather mask, probably to help with a lung issue. His hair was black and messy and covered one eye. The other eye was clearly visible and was a rather bright orange. The rest of his outfit looked similar to that of a lab scientist, complete with the black pants, dress shoes and long white lab coat. He's probably a medic of sorts but something about him rubs me the wrong way.

Unlike Xanders though, I can't quite place my finger on it. All I know is that him staring is starting to get creepy. A voice over the intercom informs us that we'll be arriving in a couple of minutes. During those minutes, I took my mind off one eye starer and too the girls. Things won't be easy for them knowing I'm out here, fighting against our greatest adversary and there's nothing they can do about it. In a way, it pricks my heart knowing how much it will bother them. I just hope they can keep their promise to Sera and get her to become a Pop Star soon. Work may be the only thing that'll calm them down. They do have a message to share after all.

Eventually we exited the forest and entered an underground complex. We were now underneath the capital city of Ixtal. Not sure why they made this place under their near perfect city besides the obvious problem that plagues its border. One the convoy stopped, we all got out and headed into a large room to fit all of us. The one guy is still staring at me but he eventually took his eyes off me, giving me some personal space. Could just be a guy who hates me. I know I've got haters here and there but to meet or even see one is rare. After a bit of standing around, two people walk onto the nearby stage. One was clearly an Angel from Bastion and the other was.... HOLY SHIT IS THAT HIM!?

 HOLY SHIT IS THAT HIM!?