18. the back-up plan

Beginne am Anfang

jade frowned, feeling exactly the same as santana, but the two girls obviously didn't know that. "you know, i feel you santana. school isn't going as great as it was. it's been getting harder each week with exams and everything. i would also kill to be you, mercedes."

and with that, mercedes got a brilliant idea. "you know, maybe you guys can." the two latinas looked at each other with confused eyes.

"what are you talking about?" santana asked.

"no, no, santana, i'm serious. remember back in high school, every time. we sang together, it was magical. and jade, if mr. schue would've let us sing a duet together, it would be magical as well, i just know it. i mean, we were in troubletones and that explains it."

jade knew mercedes was right. she always wanted to sing a duet with her and she always wondered how it would've been to sing with mercedes. if she was being honest, jade was mercedes number one fan. if only mr. schue would've let them sing together.

"just think about it, in high school we would've be the iconic diva trio. santana, we could've rub some divaness to our girl jade, although, ever since she's been living in new york, that diva jade has come out a bit."

once again, santana and jade looked at each other, before looking back at mercedes. "what are you trying to say, cedes?" mercedes smirked, already loving her plan.

"maybe you two could help me find some of that magic again."

***

AFTER MERCEDES TOLD THE TWO LATINAS ABOUT HER IDEA, THE GIRLS LOVED IT

AFTER MERCEDES TOLD THE TWO LATINAS ABOUT HER IDEA, THE GIRLS LOVED IT. it was a perfect way of helping mercedes out with a single, and a perfect way for the two girls to have a perfect single, like they always wanted. it was like one of their dreams were coming true. guess new york was the place to follow your dreams.

the three girls arrived at the studio, where jade and santana would be helping mercedes with her new single. the three girls where in the booths, vocalizing to the mic that was in front of them. it was a bit confusing and frustrating for them because they weren't feeling it like they normally do with music.

"okay, listen." mercedes told her producer, who seemed to not like what they were doing. "i'm not feeling it in here."

"uh, we're on the clock, mercedes." he told her. "if you don't get this track down this week, you're gonna lose your reals date."

"here we go." mercedes said a bit annoyed. jade and santana both took off their headphones, wanting to hear a bit better since they couldn't hear well with those on.