Chapter 77

JEWEL DRAMA AND ANIMAGI

"When destiny calls you, you must be strong
I may not be with you
But you got to hold on
They'll see in time, I know
We'll show them together
'Cause you'll be in my heart
Believe me you'll be in my heart
I'll be there from this day on
Now and forever more,"

 "When destiny calls you, you must be strongI may not be with youBut you got to hold onThey'll see in time, I knowWe'll show them together'Cause you'll be in my heartBelieve me you'll be in my heartI'll be there from this day onNow and forever more,"

"It's been almost two months," Addy whispered from beside me. I nodded. "She's getting anorexic, Hayden."

"I've tried getting her to eat!"

"All of us have," Bash commented from beside me. I felt Cedric put his hand on my shoulder and his other hand on my hip. "I've never seen her so upset."

"I don't blame her. She got dad back for only a year before he was taken from her again. And this time, there's no getting him back." It still made me smile when I heard Addy call him dad. He wasn't her biological father but she still considered him her dad. With the arm that wasn't holding Jo, I wrapped it around my sister. She hugged me. "Hayden, what do we do?"

"I don't know, Ads." We looked into our parents bedroom. Mum was awake but still in bed, staring at the maroon painted wall. It was nearly dinner time and Tonks and Remus were coming over. "Mum!" I called out. She didn't look up. "Mum, it's almost dinner time. Will you come eat with us?" Silence.

Cedric sighed and kissed the back of my head before walking off with Addy and Bash. I frowned, walking towards mum with Jo in my arms. My daughter was asleep but maybe she would make Mum feel better. I laid her down in the middle of the bed beside Mum before climbing in on the other side. Mum looked up at me, her eyes red.

"Jo wanted to take a nap with her grandma but she was so tired she couldn't wait." She didn't smile. I sighed, reaching over and grabbing her hand. "Mum, we miss you. Please come back to us!"

She was quiet for a moment. "Hayden, how am I supposed to go on? Before I knew he was still alive, even if he was locked away. But now... I know there's no chance of us reuniting." She pinched her eyes tightly and I saw several tears escape. "I want him back!"

"Mum, we all do too!" I whispered, wiping away several of her tears.

"He's the love of my life."

"I know, mum. But you can't keep going on like this. Dad wouldn't want you to live like this. He would want you to be happy, you know that!" She nodded, wiping her nose. "Bash, Addy and I all hurt because we lost dad. But we feel like we've lost you too."

"You haven't. I'm just not strong right now." She whispered. I rubbed her shoulder as Jo stirred between us. "I pray you never have to feel this, baby."

"Me too." I sat up, patting my lap. "Okay! I would say come down to dinner but let's face it, you need a shower first."