Chapter 72

"Are you even allowed on the grounds?" Daphne exclaimed as she hugged me tightly. I shrugged, squeezing her tightly.

"Don't know, don't care. You're finally going on a date with George! Why would I not help you get ready? And plus, I think I left a necklace in my old room."

"Oh, I can ask George for the password for Gryffindor tower." I shook my head, pursing my lips together. "Wait... it's not in your Gryffindor room, is it?" I shook my head once again. She frowned, rubbing my shoulder. "Well, make me pretty and get your mind off of it! I can go get your necklace for you."

"No, I can. I mean, I have to get the divorce papers too. It's been four months and nothing. Why hasn't he signed them yet?" she shrugged. "Do you think maybe he wants to stay together or something? Do you think he still loves me?"

"Do you really want me to answer that?" I shook my head, my gaze drifting to a picture of the three of us together. Me, Daphne and Cedric. The three of us with our arms around each other and smiles on our faces. I huffed and looked away from the picture.

"No, I don't think either answer will make me feel better." she nodded. "Come on. Let's get you all pretty."

"Well then your work is done." we both turned towards the door to see George with a bouquet of flowers. Daphne gasped, covering her mouth with her hands.

"Are those Daphne's?" she squealed, running towards him. He nodded, picking her up in a hug. I felt my heart soften at seeing the smiles on their faces. I was so glad that they were finally together. That George felt about Daphne the way she felt about him.

"Daphne's and lilies." he responded. She grinned, leaning away from him. Taking the flowers from him, she went into the bathroom to put the flowers in water. George walked up to me and wrapped me in a giant hug. "Hey, Reggie." I returned his hug. He still smelled like cinnamon. "If I tell you something, will you promise not to tell anyone?"

"Of course,"

"I've never felt about anyone the way I feel about Daphne. You know how mad I was for you. But that was nothing compared to her. Why didn't I see it earlier? She's so incredible! I mean, Hayden... if Cedric felt even half what I feel for Daphne about you, I don't understand how he could've left you like that." my face fell. He suddenly realized what he had said and he froze. "Oh, Hayden, I'm sorry. I'm so sorry."

"No, it's fine." I exclaimed hurriedly. What he said hurt but he was in such a good mood I couldn't ruin it. Daphne came back and jumped in George's arms.

"Sweetie, I'm not ready yet." she exclaimed, kissing his cheek.

"You look beautiful!" I grabbed my bag when they started hugging and snuck out. I sighed, holding my stomach as I made my way down to the Head Boy/Head Girl rooms. I got to the portrait of Prince Alexander when I realized I didn't know the password. I didn't have to wait long before Bethany came along. She grinned when she saw me.

"HAYDEN!" I was surprised at how excited she was to see me. She hugged me tightly. "I am so happy you're back. I've been wanting to apologize for how I acted towards you at the beginning of the year but I didn't dare ask Cedric how to contact you... So, I'm sorry."

"Oh, Bethany, it's fine." she shook her head.

"No, it's not. Come inside. I'll make you some herbal tea! What's your favorite?" I couldn't help but smile.

"Lavender with honey." she nodded and led me into the common room with a grin. "So how has everything been?"

"Truly terrible." she groaned. "Umbridge is horrible."