Chapter 58:) Haydens Letter

58

•••Cedric's POV•••

" that wasn't goodbye! " I shouted at Hayden as I entered the maze. She gave a reassuring smile. I saw Daphne walk up to her right before the maze shut blocking my view. I turned around and sighed.

I started walking aimlessly through the maze, my wand lighting the way. I only ran into Fleur in the first thirty minutes.

" some game huh " she muttered. I nodded and started to walk away. She stopped me " Cedric "

I stared at her.

" get back to your fiancée. She needs you " she said in her thick French accent. I nodded and ran off.

Another thirty minutes. My mind kept on floating to Hayden. I suddenly remembered.

I reached into my pocket and pulled out the pieces of parchment I had brought with me.

Cedric,

Food and air and the heart and the brain and sleep. They're all supposed to keep a human alive. Not me. All I need is you. Without you what's the point of living? If you're dead I'm dead. We share a heart. It beats as one. I never thought I could love you as more than a best friend but look at us. Hand in hand about ready to step into our lives together. In a love so great I can't believe it.

I love you so much! You are a great wizard but you have one more thing up your sleeve. Me. Wherever you go I am right there by your side saying 'let's kick some ass!' I just hope I can expect the same from you.

I am so proud of you baby. You're the bravest man I've ever met. You have been my best friend for as long as I can remember. You were my family when I had none. I've loved you since we first met.

But this isn't the kind of love I expected to feel for you. Now you are sitting across the room staring at the chalkboard Professor Binns' is attempting to write on. Your eyes are flickering back and forth.

When I first started to fancy you I fell for your eyes first. Most people describe brown eyes as chocolate or mud. But yours... are more of a caramel color. They remind me of sun shining through butterbeer bottles. They absolutely amaze me.

Then your goofy crooked smile. I started feeling butterflies whenever I saw you. I thought you hated me. And that... that was the worst feeling in the world. Not losing mum, or dad, or uncle James or aunt lily or Daphne or Harry or even George. But losing my best friend. Thinking he hated me.

I felt like dying. I didn't know why or what I had done to make you hate me so much. Being me, I hid my feelings about you ( and because I was with George ). I thought we were absolutely over. So I put together a box full of stuff I had stolen from you along with a letter. You came to talk to me so I gave you the box.

I was so upset I was bawling. I talked to Daphne and she, like your idiot uncle, gave me the dumbest advice on earth. I had to kiss both you and George.

I'm not going to lie. My kiss with George was good but it was no where near as good as yours. That kiss... I knew I had to be with you. I'll never forget it. I remember everything. What we were wearing. Where we were ( eleventh step from the top ).

I remember as soon as your lips touched mine I felt sparks. My knees were jelly and my stomach was filled with butterflies. I broke the kiss and ran to break up with George. I know it was awful what i did to him but I couldn't lie to him.

I wanted to be with you.

He told me he loved me and I ran. To Daphne actually. While she was getting my comfort food I bumped into you again. You kissed me again and I was absolutely positive. You had to be with me.