Chapter 10:) Happy Birthday to me!

10

A month passed and soon it was my birthday. I hated this day. It was the day I lost my father aunt and uncle. I've been at Hogwarts for five years and only Cedric, Harry and Daphne know when my birthday was. I refused to tell Fred George and Lee. They would make a big deal of it. George and I have grown even closer than before. Cedric quit being so upset about whatever it was and decided to be civil. Finally.

I really like George and now I know he likes me. We've been on a few dates but he hasn't asked me out again in about three weeks.

His loss.

Like I said, I'm not some love sick girl waiting for the boy she likes to ask her out. Either ask me out or don't. I don't care. But I'm also the girl to take charge and ask you out. I've been telling myself I'm just too lazy and that's why I haven't asked George yet but in all reality I don't want him to think I'm needy.

I'm a girl what can I say?

" hey there " someone said coming up behind me. Cedric.

" hi " He sat beside me.

" what's going on? " he asked. I shook my head indicating absolutely nothing. " oh and happy birthday "

He whispered the last two words and kissed my cheek. I smiled.

" well thank you " I said. He pulled a small box out of his pocket. " I told you no gifts "

" you say that every year and have I ever listened? "

" no " I replied glumly. He smiled and handed it to me.

" open it " he said. I smiled and opened it. It took my breath away.

" Cedric this is beautiful " I breathed. I glanced up at him and back down to the box.

A beautiful necklace with the letter C was placed in the box.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/193056729/letter-c-initial-necklace-sterling

" c for Cedric? " he nodded smiling at me.

" there's another one too " he pulled out a separate box.

" two gifts? " I asked incredulously. He nodded smirking.

I opened it up. Another necklace. This time with the letter H.

https://img.etsystatic.com/il/7c0e0a/1312206549/il_570xN.1312206549_oo9o.jpg?version

" now if we're ever apart at least our initials will be by each other " Cedric said smiling at the necklaces.

I placed them on the coffee table and reached over pulling him into a hug.

" thank you Cedric. I love them. "

•••Cedric's POV•••

" thank you Cedric. I love them " I hugged her tightly.

" well I'm glad. " they were not cheap but she's worth it. " happy birthday "

" thank you Cedric. " she said letting me go. She smiled at me and chuckled. I tucked a loose piece of hair behind her ear.

" can you help me? " she asked picking up the C necklace. I nodded as she handed it to me and turned around. I hung the necklace around her neck and did the clasp up. She turned back around and smiled at me.

" now the next one " I clasped the second one around her neck. She turned back to face me. I love her smile.

" now your neck isn't so plain. " I said. She nodded, smirking " now if we can just do something about your face. "