Chapter 64:) Thoughts on Hayden

64

" hi daddy " I breathed hugging my father.

" hi Hayden. How are you? How's the baby? " I shrugged as he placed a hand on my stomach. I saw him smile " haven't you gone to the doctor yet? "

" no but Fred made me an appointment for next week. " he nodded and grabbed my trunk from me.

" your rooms upstairs. Next to Regulus' old room " I nodded as he led the way. " the twins room is right across from yours "

" okay? " I responded wondering why I needed to know this.

" just thought you'd like to know. So here's your room " he opened the door for me. I smiled. " Remus helped me decorate it. I was hoping you would permanently move in "

" do you want me to? " I asked my voice choking up.

" of course. All I want is to live with my daughter " I smiled and hugged him.

https://pin.it/weyc4wqjwfdux3

" thank you dad. " he smiled and let go of me.

" there's something else " he grabbed my hand and led me through a door. I smiled softly.

https://pin.it/d7owuzuxywbswn

" daddy you didn't have to do this " I breathed.

" I know. But I missed so much of your life the least I can do is make sure my grandchild has a proper bedroom. " I pulled him into another hug.

" I love it daddy "

" good " he replied. We let go of each other and walked back into my bedroom.

" honestly I was scared you would be upset " I admitted.

" at first I was confused but then I realized how could I be upset? There's another piece of you in the world. And you're a piece of your mother so this child just adds more of her to the world. And the world needs more of your mother. " I nodded.

" thanks dad " he gave a smile.

" I'll leave you to unpack " he kissed my cheek before walking out. As he walked out a certain red head walked in.

" need help? " I nodded as I laid my trunk down so no clothes would fall out. " let me get that "

" thanks " I mumbled sitting on the bed. We both flicked our wands and my clothes started sorting themselves and hanging themselves up in the closet.

" how do you feel? " Fred asked. I shrugged.

" hungry " he chuckled.

" you're always hungry " I nodded.

" accurate. " I mumbled. He sat beside me on the bed.

" um... did you want to go visit Cedric later? " I started twiddling my fingers as I nodded.

" yeah. " I whispered. He looked at me as if he thought I would break at any moment. Maybe I would.

" are you sure? I know it's... emotionally exhausting for you "

" it is " I admitted. " but I have to be with him. A day without even seeing him hurts. "

" but hayden- "

" I have to see him " I cried in a choked voice. He nodded as a tear slid down my cheek. " Fred I feel- I feel.... like I'm broken. Like there's this gigantic part of me that's missing. "

" I know what you mean "

" no you don't! You haven't lost the most important person in the world to you! I have! " I snapped. " I'm sorry Fred! "