Chapter 40:) Burgers with Bacon

40

" Cedric you'll be fine. I promise " I grabbed his hand and squeezed.

We were in the courtyard on a bench underneath a tree. His head was laying on my lap. I was running my fingers through his hair.

" how do you know? " he asked.

" because I believe in you " he smiled. " okay look. If you're scared then look up in the stands and find me. I promise I will help you through it "

He still had a worried look.

" I don't even know what the task is though " he reminded me. I nodded.

" I know. But neither do Harry or Fleur or Viktor. They're as lost as you " he scowled at me. " Cedric I promise I am not letting anything bad happen to you "

He smiled and sat up. I leaned my forehead against his.

" I love you " he whispered. I smiled.

" I love you too " we started leaning in. Our lips didn't even touch when the bell rang. I groaned. " breakfast is over. "

" we got time " I chuckled. " usually that's you saying that to me "

" I'm just a bad influence " I smirked. He chuckled and stood up. He outstretched his hand to help me up. I grabbed it and stood up, smiling " thanks "

" yerp " I chuckled.

" you're goofy " he smiled.

" yep. That's me. Anything to embarrass my girlfriend " I furrowed my eyebrows at him.

" no ones around " he gave me an evil smirk.

" not yet " he pulled me towards him. My body crashed against his as he wrapped an arm around my waist. I wrapped an arm around his neck.

Our foreheads were leaning against each other. He had a smirk on his face.

" you said so yourself... no ones around. " I smirked at him.

" and you said so yourself..... not yet. " I broke away from him and walked ahead. He groaned and ran to catch up to me.

" that's sneaky. " he said. I smiled and grabbed his hand. He brought my hand up to his mouth and kissed it. I smiled even more. " how much do you love me Hayden? "

" so much " I responded. He stared at me.

" but how much? On a scale from zero to burgers. " I chuckled and thought about it.

" burgers. With bacon " he smiled.

" you're the one " I chuckled and we continued walking. I hoisted my school bag strap up on my shoulder. It was pulling my bra strap down " here I can take that for you baby "

" I'm fine. " he took it anyways. I gave him a small smile. " thanks. "

" anything for you " I wrapped his arm around my shoulder and entwined our fingers. I looked up at him as we walked. He smiled and kissed my forehead.

•••Cedric's POV•••

" there you guys are. Come on. Charms awaits " Gabriel said as Hayden and I caught up to him Phillip and Daphne.

" we're coming. " Hayden replied. We started walking up the staircase. " so what do you want to do tonight? "

" we've got to do homework " I reminded them. Everyone except for Daphne groaned.

" sometimes I wonder how in the world I can be going out with such a goody-goody. " Hayden asked. I rolled my eyes and grabbed her hand. She smiled as I kissed her cheek.