Chapter 39:) Forgiveness... can you imagine?

39

I got back to Hogwarts in the morning and ran up to Gryffindor tower. As I walked in I was bombarded.

" where the hell have you been? "

" we've been worried sick "

" where were you? "

" why the f*** didn't you tell us where you were going? "

" we could've come with you "

" is this about Diggory? " Fred finally asked. I nodded and buried my head in his chest. He was surprised but I didn't care. " he didn't tell you did he was entering? "

I shook my head.

" why didn't he tell me? " I cried. They all shrugged.

" I'm sorry. " George said, rubbing my back.

" are you? " I snapped. " you probably just want him to die so you can have me to yourself, right? "

" no of course not I- "

" I love him! And I just wish he would've told me. " I hugged Fred tighter. He smelled like cinnamon and fireworks. And singed hair.

I missed Cedric's pine scent. Whenever I would smell it I knew I was home.

I can't go home.

I don't want to see him right now. He didn't tell me he entered his name. He didn't tell me he even wanted to enter his name in the Goblet of Fire.

" Best birthday present ever. " I whispered sarcastically to myself.

" what was that? " Fred asked. I shook my head.

" nothing. It's nothing " he shook his head.

" it wasn't nothing. You can tell me Reg. " he persisted. I don't want them knowing yesterday was my birthday.

" I know I can. But I don't want to " Fred sighed.

" well you should " he pressured, poking my sides.

" oh yeah she's not ticklish. Trust me. I know " George said, sitting on the couch. I rolled my eyes.

" what do I do? " I asked letting go of Fred.

" about what? " Jordan asked.

" Cedric! What do I do about Cedric? " I questioned.

" well how do you feel? " Kenneth asked. I turned to face him.

" worried. Angry. Scared. Upset. Like punching him in his perfect face. His perfect beautiful beautiful face. " I sighed happily, imagining Cedric. His perfect floppy hair that fell over his gorgeous grey eyes.

" okay! We get it! " George shouted.

" it sounds like you want to snog him not punch him " Fred inquired.

" honestly I just want to hug him right now. " I sighed.

" go talk to him " Kenneth told me. I gave him a quizzical look. " I'm being serious. You two need to talk about this "

" why? "

" you're never going to forgive him if you two don't talk. He was in here ten minutes ago asking where you were. He looked extremely worried. " I stared at Kenneth. He nodded.

" I don't want to. What I do want is to get some socks on because my feet are freezing, change my clothes, and have breakfast. " they all nodded.

" well we'll wait down here " Kenneth told me. I smiled at him.