Chapter 76

"I can't believe you're letting that witch live with you." Daphne shook her head, sipping her tea softly. I shrugged, looking down at Jo, who was playing with the mobile above her head. "If I was in your position-"

"I'm sure you would be just as freaked out as I am, Daph." I responded. I took a sip of my own tea and looked at her. "I can't let her live on the streets. As much as I hate her, she's carrying Cedric's child." Daphne nodded. I felt a lump in my stomach and throat at the idea. "I... I don't know what to do."

"Hayden, I want to help you, I really do." she reached over and grabbed my hand. "But I don't know what to do. This is Cedric's baby. You can't say you don't want it because you two are trying to fix things between you two. I mean, Cedric would be upset if, say, Fred got you pregnant-" my eyes widened and I sat up straight. "but he wouldn't make you get rid of the baby just because it wasn't his." I nodded. Obviously, she was right. I would never ask Cedric to give up his child, but asking me to raise it with him. That was a whole other story. Was he expecting me to be a mom to the baby? I'm still trying to figure out the whole mother thing with Josephine. I looked down at my daughter. She's not even six months old and she's a big sister. I thought I would be the one to carry all of Cedric's children but now...

"Daph, what do I do?" I whispered. She sighed, looking down to the floor.

"Hay, I don't k-" she stopped, her eyes widening. I followed her gaze down to Josephine, who just a moment ago, was on her back. My eyes widened when I realized that now she was on stomach, looking up at us curiously. "Has she ever rolled over before?"

"She has not."

"So thats the first."

"Yes, it is." we shared a look before we started squealing. I picked up my daughter and held her tightly, laughing gleefully. "Jo, you did it! You rolled over! Oh, I'm so proud of you, sunshine!" She grabbed a strand of my hair and yanked. I let out a yelp. "Ouch, Jo don't do that, sweetie. Daph, go get Ced! Jo, ya think you can do it again for daddy?" she let out a squeal as Daphne ran out of the kitchen towards the living room. Josephine looked up at me, her curly honey brown hair laying in front of her forehead. I brushed it away and pressed a kiss against her delicate skin. "Do you know how much mummy loves you? Mummy loves you so much, Josephine. My little Jo-Jo. Oh, my sweet girl." She reached up and placed her hand against my cheek. I kissed it, bringing a small smile to her face.

She gurgled spit bubbles down her chin and I wiped it away with my sleeve right as I heard Cedric's footsteps bounding down the steps. He came into view quickly, Daphne and Jewel racing behind him. My good mood dwindled when I saw Jewel. Cedric quickly changed it when he kissed both mine and Josephine's cheeks. "Darling, what's wrong? Daphne said you needed me immediately."

"You will never believe what our genius daughter just did!" I exclaimed, setting Jo down on the ground. Cedric wrapped his arms around me, looking down at the little infant.

"What?" Jewel groaned. I shot her a dirty look. She looked away from me and I returned my attention to Jo.

"Come on, sunshine, you can do it! Do it for daddy!" I chanted. Then, she did it! She rolled over. Cedric let out a whoop and bent down, picking her up off the floor and tossing her a foot in the air. My heart stopped. He caught her and kissed her cheek.

"I cannot believe it! Oh my goodness, I'm so proud of you Josie!" He exclaimed. I hugged both of them tightly and my fears and worries about Jewel's baby disappeared from my mind for that short amount of time. Cedric leaned over, kissing me happily. I felt so giddy. I had my husband beside me and my daughter was growing way too fast! I was in love with life. "That's our baby girl," Cedric whispered. Josie buried herself in his chest, cuddling close. I smiled, rubbing his back. "Thank you for giving me her, Hayden. I'll never be able to thank you enough. You are the love of my life."