Chapter 34:) Cedrics Birthday P2

34

I quickly got dressed in the swimsuit Daphne gave me. She has taste.

I stared myself down in the mirror trying to get enough courage to walk out. I was suddenly extremely self conscious. Like my body wouldn't be good enough for him or something.

" Hayden? You coming? " Cedric called out.

" coming! " my voice cracked. I slowly opened the door and walked out. I gasped when I saw it.

The prefects bathtub was filled entirely full. Tea light candles bordered the walls and two bottles of butterbeer were by the tap.

Once I walked out I saw Cedric smile at me and quickly hide something behind his back.

This was amazing!

" holy sh** " I cursed looking around.

" Don't waste such romantic words on me please " he chuckled and walked towards me as I continued looking around.

He took his hand out from behind his back to reveal a lily. I smiled softly.

" what's this for? " I asked.

" you " he said simply. I smiled and took the flower from him. I inhaled deeply. I could only smell lavender bubbles, his pine scented cologne and the lily.

" Cedric this is... amazing. This is all for your birthday I'm scared to see what you're going to do for mine " he chuckled.

" oh you definitely should be " I smiled at him. He placed his arms around my waist and pulled me close. " I have... big plans for your birthday "

" no presents remember? Nothing special. I mean it Cedric. No surprises or anything " I warned, dangling a finger in front of his face. He chuckled and nodded.

Let's see how well he listens to me.

" you set this all up for me? " I asked. I stared down at the flower as I spoke.

" of course. For my birthday I wanted to do something for someone else. Someone else that I really really care about. And the most romantic date we've been on is star gazing on your roof- "

" hey I thought that was an amazing date. " he smiled.

" we had McDonald's! " I shrugged and smiled. " well anyways. I thought you deserved something extra romantic. I would've done it on your birthday but the Triwizard Tournament champions are being chosen. " I smiled at him. I wrapped my arms around his neck tickling his ear with the flower. He fidgeted.

" I love it Cedric. It's beautiful " as I looked at the tub/pool he was staring at me.

" you're beautiful " he whispered. I was attacked by his lips on mine. I smiled as he softly kissed me.

We broke it apart and climbed in the warm water. It was so deep I'm surprised they consider it a bathtub. If Cedric hadn't been holding onto me I would be underwater.

We started talking and drinking butterbeer being careful not to spill any. It was really romantic sitting on the edge of the tub drinking butterbeer and just talking with my best friend.

" okay technically we had our first kiss when we were five remember? Amos and Remus were joking around how we were going to marry each other, you kissed me, then I slapped you. " he started laughing.

" I remember that. That was when my crush on you first started " I smiled at him. " when did you first realized you liked me? "

" I saw you talking to Angelina and I just got really jealous. Then when I first realized it was a crush was after herbology class. You helped a first year to her class and I don't know. I just realized that I liked you " he frowned at me.