106

"You're an angel
In disguise
You're an angel
In my eyes"

-

*Emily's Point Of View*

Everywhere was white. The ground was white as well as the sky. The ground had been covered slightly by a small fog of white clouds.

I glanced down at my body to see I was wearing a white long sleeved, flowing dress. My hair had been curled neatly and I had on white ballet flats that matched my dress.

Where was I?

I glanced around seeing nothing was white and an endless path of nothingness in either direction, one side more brighter then the other.

"Hello?" I called out, the sound of my voice echoing throughout the long paths.

I spun around to the sound of birds tweeting behind my. An army of hills filled with soft grass and sunflowers I hadn't seen was in front of me. I bent down running my hands over the soft grass, feeling the thin leaf slip through my fingers.

A smile rose to my lips at the calming feeling that overcome me.

"Emily?" I heard a very familiar voice call out. I glanced up looking up from the sunflowers and out towards the hills to see a familiar face.

My Aunt Tilly.

Aunt Tilly was the only person I felt like I could trust when my father won the election. She would always let me go to her house when I needed or just wanted to get away from it all. We would stay up late watching rom com's and eat all the junk food in the world.

But she died in a car crash a few months after my father got elected.

"Tilly?" I whispered blinking a few times to confirm what I was seeing was really here.

"Tilly!" I shouted running down the hill and straight into her arms. She enveloped me in a tight hug, tears rising to my eyes as I took in the familiar vanilla scent she wore every day.

"Emily... I missed you" she whispered as my forehead rested on her shoulder.

"I missed you too" I said softly back pulling away just in time for her to see a tear stream down my cheek, which she quickly wiped away.

She looked at me in worry.

"What are you doing here?" She whispered softly placing a hand on my cheek.

"Why are you here? What happened to you?" She questioned again, her eyebrows furrowed in confusion a hint of worry evident on her face.

"What do you mean? Where are we? What's even going on?" I asked quickly, thoughts and questions flooding my brain.

"You're in heaven... and you have a choice" she said letting out a deep sigh.

"You can either walk down here and stay with me and Nannie Ileene" she said pointing towards the path that was slightly brighter, my eyes lighting up at the mention of my Nannie.

She died when I was really little but I remember her so much.

"Nannies here?" I asked curiously. She nodded reluctantly.

"But it's not your time. You can't walk down there. You have so much life left for you darling. We've all been watching over you. We've seen you push through everything you've gone through. You just gave birth to a beautiful baby and your boyfriend is waiting beside you, desperately waiting for you to wake up. He can't go through this without you. Your baby can't live without his mother" she said staring deeply into my eyes.

I sighed softly knowing she was right. It was so peaceful here and I felt at home being surrounded by my family and such peacefulness.

But I would never leave Shawn alone. I could never hurt him like that. We had been waiting nine months for this to happen and I wasn't leaving now.

"I have to go back" I whispered softly looking up at my Aunt Tilly.

She nodded a small smile forming on her lips.

"I'm going to miss you" I admitted hugging her again.

"I'll miss you too but we're always watching over you darling. Always" she said running her thumb over my cheek.

I sighed standing up and slowly heading towards the path. I looked back to see my Aunt Tilly walking down the path, my Nannie Ileene' warm laced with hers.

I smiled before light overtook me and the only thing I could hear was a familiar voice.

"She's so beautiful. Gorgeous. Amazing. I-I can't even begin to describe how amazing she is... she has your nose, and my mouth. I haven't seen her eyes yet but I hope they're yours. Because yours are gorgeous" I heard the voice who I quick to recognise as Shawn's say.

"God you'll love her. I just know it. I've already fallen in love" he finished.

I tried to open my eyes, move my hand. Anything. But I couldn't.

I felt the feeling of a small hand grasp my thumb softly before it let go quickly after.

The sound of loud cries flooding my hearing as I heard Shawn soothing the cries.

The cries decreased in volume before I heard the sound of an angel.

Shawn was singing.

"Fathers, be good to your daughters... Daughters will love like you do... Girls become lovers who turn into mothers... So mothers be good to your daughters, too".

My eyes slowly fluttered open, a few moments dedicated to adjusting my vision to the bright lights. My vision quickly cleared up, staring up at a white ceiling.

I tilted my head forward to see Shawn rocking back and forth.

"Shawn?" I croaked out.

-

A/N: only a few chapters left, do you guys want an epilogue at the end of it?? X