59

"There's nothing you could do or say
I can't escape the way, I love you
I don't want to, but I love you"

-

*Emily's Point Of View*

We laid there, the stars twinkling above us brightly besides the full moon. The sun had set an hour ago and Shawn and I were now cuddling on the picnic rug.

His fingers were rubbing my bare arm up and down slowly. We sat in silence, complete and utter silence. I couldn't even sit in a proper silence with Carly without one of us laughing about how silent it was. With Shawn it felt so natural and comfortable.

He made my heart rate pick up and my palms sweaty yet feel so safe and calm at the same time. I had never felt this way with anyone before and it was scary. I had dated Jake for 2 years and never felt even close to this emotion I was feeling.

Was this what love actually felt like?

I was beginning to think I never really loved Jake if I was feeling like this. It was amazing and overwhelming but terrifying at the same time. This whole situation we were in was absolutely terrifying. The fact that one picture of us could seperate us. That one word to my father or anyone close to him could end whatever we had going.

We weren't technically dating which was even scarier. He could pick up and act like how he did when we first moved to Los Angeles. He could do that and he wouldn't need an explanation.

"Shawn?" I whispered placing a hand on hit chest as I began to fiddle with the button on his button up top.

"Mm?" He hummed out quietly as we were completely immersed in silence.

"What's going to happen?" I asked glancing up at the many stars.

I felt him take in a deep breath before slowly sitting up, making me sit up as I looked at him. He pat his lap making me blush but crawl over to him and sit in his lap. My legs on either of his waist as I faced him.

He tilted my chin up to look at him as I was to busy looking at our intimate position.

"Happen to what?" He finally responded. I'd almost forgotten I'd even asked him something.

"Us? We... we can't hide forever" I asked softly.

"I know... we'll figure it out. I promise everything will end up okay in the end" he said pushing a strand of hair behind my ear.

Silence took over us again.

"Do you feel what I feel?" He asked caressing my hip bone with his thumbs, rubbing them in small circles.

"Feel what you feel?" I asked curiously my eyebrows furrowing slightly in confusion.

He grabbed my hand and placed it over his chest where the feeling of thumping against my hand began. I smiled widely as I began to get where he was going.

"That is my heart racing when I'm near you" he whispered before lacing our fingers.

"That is my clammed up hands when I'm with you" he continued.

"And don't even get me started on my stomach. When I'm with you I don't know whether I'm going to vomit out all the butterflies swimming around in there or I'm going to explode from too much electricity" he said as I continued to smile. I could relate to every single word.

"You make me feel things that I've never felt before. Every night I fall asleep to the thought of you and every morning I wake up to the excitement that I get to see you" he continued.

"And I know that our situation is a very complicated one. It's not... normal?" He said looking up at the stars for a moment to think.

His eyes directed back to mine soon after.

"But I love you. I love every single thing about you Em. I love the way you giggle and blush whenever I compliment you or touch you..." he said placing a hand softly on my cheek making my cheeks heat up.

I shook my head in embarrassment that he had that effect on me.

"I love the way your eyebrows come together or you bite your lip when your confused or nervous" he continued before his finger ran across my lip.

"I love the way you run your hand through your hair when your stressed. It could be styled or curled neatly but that won't stop you" he said making me look down and smile before looking back up at him.

"I love that you care about everyone. You cared about me and gave me a chance when I treated you like shit" he said making me frown at the memory.

"You are so kind hearted and It's the most beautiful yet annoying thing. You let people treat you like shit... and I'm glad you gave me a chance because I'm not letting you do that anymore" He said making tears form in my eyes at every word he was saying.

"I'm going to protect you... from the people who try to take advantage of you... the people who treat you like shit... the bad guys" he said with a small smile at the end making me laugh.

A tear fell down my cheek but I quickly wiped it away before it could get far.

"I love you and I want to be with you. I want to be with you now. I want to be with you in years to come. I want to be with you forever. I want to grow old with you and have kids with you... of course further on down the track" he said making me chuckle.

"And I've been to immersed in you and everything about you that I realised something..." he said rubbing his thumb along my cheek.

"You weren't mine and I wasn't yours" he whispered.

I stared at him intently waiting for him to make his next move.

"Be mine" he said as I looked at him in the eyes.

"I am yours Shawn... I always was" I whispered.

"Be my girlfriend" he said making my eyes widen in realisation at what he meant.

"Be my girlfriend? I-I know it's just a label but-" He started but got interrupted by my lips pressing against his.

"Of course I'll be your girlfriend... but I was always yours Shawn" I whispered resting my forehead against his.

"Fuck I love you Emily Rose" He said grabbing my face and pressing his lips against mine.

"And I love you Shawn Mendes" I responded before reconnecting our lips together.

-

A/N: I've been waiting so long to use this song. But omg guys so many of you are billie fans as well which is so cool because she is so fucking amazing. I went to one of her concerts 3 months ago and this song made me cry so hard there