23

"All I did was fail today
All I wanna be is whites in waves
All I did was fail today
All we do, all we do"

-

*Emily's Point Of View*

My heart was racing. My palms were clammy and my whole body was shaking.

The sounds of gun shots replaying in my head. It echoed off the walls and continued to make my ears ring slightly.

The mixture of emotions on people's faces. Confusion and fear.

The look of people running away from the sound.

Why would someone want to do this?

"Emily, we're here. Come on" Shawn said opening the passenger door for me.

I stayed still slightly anxious to be out in the open once again.

I bit my lip nervously.

He held out his hand for me to take. "No one will hurt you, there's security around the perimeter of your house. I'm going to protect you" he said making me smile at him nervously as I slipped my hand inside of his.

He was going to pull his hand out of mine but I didn't want him to so I gripped it tighter making him squeeze my hand back in reassurance.

"Your okay" he whispered before walking with me to the front door and inside the house.

We walked up the stairs and into my room. He shut my door behind him, locking it behind himself, letting out a sigh.

I sat on my bed staring aimlessly at the floor.

"Em..." He said bending down and lifting my head up to lock eyes with him.

"Are you alright?" He asked sitting beside me.

"I- I don't know" I mumbled finally looking at him.

"Why d-did we have t-to leave? Just m-me?" I asked knowing the answer but really wishing I would get a different one.

He looked at me in sympathy and worry.

"Don't worry about that right now Em-" , "they were there for me weren't they. They were trying to get me" I said sharply staring into his brown eyes.

He sighed before running a hand roughly through his hair.

"Em plea-" he started but I cut him off. "Shawn p-please tell me" I pleaded.

"Yeah... they were" he said shutting his eyes tightly.

My whole face dropped. I could feel the colour leaving my face and my heart drop into my stomach.

"Em... baby. Come on. It's okay" he said rubbing my arm softly trying to get me to say something.

"Those people. T-they died b-because of m-me" I said my eyes glazing over with tears that were threatening to fall any second now.

"No. No. No. No. It is not your fault one bit. It's is completely not your fault" he said tilting my chin up so I was looking at him again.

"S-shawn... I'm scared" I breathed out before falling into a fit of sobs. I covered my face with my hands as my body began to shake with cries.

"Em- fuck" he spoke before pulling me to his chest. One arm rubbing my back and the other brushing my hair.

I continued to sob into his chest, refusing to move my hands from my face.