06

"I don't know why we even tried this in the first place
But it all comes back to love"

-

*Emily's Point Of View*

It was Monday. 4:00am.

I hadn't bothered to sleep and decided finish my last thing to pack throughout the night. I finally finished with two suitcases full of clothes, shoes and makeup. Furniture essentials were going to be driven down with my car when we left.

It didn't feel like I was moving out because it never felt like I moved in, I mean presidency positions only last four years and if elected again 8 years maximum. There was no use of me getting comfortable. I'd always had my stuff still in labeled boxes, never felt like I should've decorated my room because I knew I was going to leave.

I sighed hopping into the shower washing my hair and body before just standing there, letting the hot water soothe my skin.

I sighed knowing I would've had to get out soon but fought against it, sitting down, pulling my knees up to my chest as I let the water run along my body. This seemed pretty depressing from an outsiders perspective but it was peaceful and my only time away from reality in my eyes.

A knock tore me away and brought me back into the stressful reality of life.

"Yeah?" I called out not bothering to move.

"You need to come out soon honey, we need to leave in half an hour" my mum called out.

"Yeah I'll be out in a sec" I said finally standing up, turning the water off and wrapping a towel around my body.

I pulled on my undergarments throwing on an oversized black sweater over the top of my black bralette slipping on some grey sweats on as well. I brushed my hair before packing that inside my travel bag as well.

I slipped on my black vans before getting a last glance around my 'room'. "See you never" I mumbled walking out of my room. I obviously was going to have to come back for my dads events that needed me or family occasions.

I struggled to roll my two suitcases down the stairs almost getting to the bottom when a voice spoke scaring me;

"Need some help there?"

I dropped one of my suitcases it falling down the last few steps, crashing on the ground. I looked up seeing Shawn standing there, looking incredibly hot if I do say so myself, in a black tight shirt and some black jeans.

"I thought you were meeting us at the airport?" I mumbled bring my last suitcase successfully to the ground, as Shawn picked my tumbled suitcase up.

"Your father and mother had to urgently fly out to Philadelphia just a few minutes ago. So I'll be assisting you to the airport" he spoke sharply pulling my suitcases behind him as he walked out of the house.

I hugged Sheila, the maid, and Barney, the Butler, goodbye before seeing Ron.

"I'll probably be back for another stupid event of dads, so I'll see you later" I said hugging Ron tightly, who accepted my hug and responding.

"You graduate and live your life to the best of your ability" he said kissing my cheek sweetly. He was like another dad to me.

I hugged him one last time before making my way out and headed towards the car. I opened the passenger door hopping in quickly.

"You took your time" he mumbled under his breath.

I furrowed my eyebrows. "Sorry, what?" I asked not believing he just got frustrated with me for saying goodbye to the people I cared about.

He stayed silent putting the gear in reverse and moving out of the long driveway and onto the road.

He sped down the straight taking a few turns until we were on the highway and just a few minutes from the airport.

"So, maybe there will be some Chinese being served on the flight?" I asked glancing at him.

"Mm. Maybe" he grunted out focusing on the road, his hand clenching the wheel tightly while his other elbow was rested out the window.

I sighed playing with my finger nails, chewing on them lightly. I never really chewed on my nails unless I was stressed or in an uncomfortable awkward situation, such as this one.

Soon enough, we'd arrived at the airport, my phone ringing as soon as I got there.

I glanced at my phone seeing it was Carly.

"Hey Carly" I said answering the phone call.

"Hey babes, just wondering if you got to the airport okay? Los Angeles is beautiful girl" she said.

Carly got on a flight yesterday because her course was supposed to be starting today and she wanted to settle in. She was doing a course on hairdressing and I was so ecstatic for her... and myself as well for getting personal hair appointments.

"Yeah I just arrived, and oh god. Do I have a lot to tell you" I said making her squeal.

"Ooooh is it that Shawn boy?" She said making me sigh deeply.

"Yeah I guess you could put it that way" I spoke glancing up to see Shawn waving at me to hurry up.

"Hey Carls' I gotta go now, I'll call you when I land" I spoke quickly saying goodbye and hanging up.

"We're already late enough as it is. The least you could do was hurry up" he spat walking into the doors.

I rolled my eyes in annoyance at his bipolar change of behaviour from yesterday to today.

It took an agonising 40 minutes to get through security and checked in, finally getting settled into my dads private plane.

My dad insisted on having me fly on his plane or not go at all. What dad says, goes.

I sat down on one of the seats placing my travel bag in the overhead department, deep down hoping that Shawn might come sight next to me.

He walked in soon after me sitting at the furthest seat from me. I had a good view of him... at least.

I analysed him, scanning over his familiar brown curls, scarred cheeks and cute lazy eye. I'd wished that the scar was no longer there, or the lazy eye, and come to terms that this wasn't Shawn but a look a like. But it was still there.

The Pilate announced that we were about to take off, making me clip my seat belt on tightening it to the tightest it could go. If you couldn't already tell, I was terribly afraid of flying.

I guess it wasn't anything that had actually happened, but just a typical phobia that needed to be overcome.

I took a deep breath as I felt the plane began to run down the run way. 

I gripped onto the arm rests tightly, wheezing my eyes shut tightly keeping a tight hold on my lip with my teeth. The feeling of lifting off finally hit my stomach, ears and head making me cover my face with my hands.

After a few minutes the feeling soon subsided and I felt better and well enough to open my eyes.

I opened them to see Shawn staring at me with what looked like worried eyes.

"Are you alright Miss Rose?" He asked making my heart drop. He no longer called me Em.

I nodded quickly, pulling out my headphone and plugging them into my phone hitting shuffle.

I stared out the window down at Washington D.C's city that slowly faded further and further into tiny ants. My eyelids slowly fluttered close with 'September 16' by Russ playing in my ear.

-

A/N: this was such a lil cute chapter i feel