32

"And you wanna say
You love me,
But you're not here no more
And I've got to let it"

-

*Emily's Point Of View*

"I can't believe your dad bought you this!" Carly squealed looking onto the large balcony that overlooked the massive view of Los Angeles.

"I know" I sighed in happiness at Shawn's doings.

"But damn the rose petals?" She said rubbing one between her finger tips.

"Uhh Yeah kinda weird" I lied with a shrug. I glanced over at Rhylee to see her smirk at me, making me quickly look away.

"Oh my god! Em that necklace is beautiful. Where'd you get it?" Carly said swooning over my new necklace.

"M-my dad got it for me. It's from Cartier" I said with a small blush tinting my cheeks.

"Jeez. Your dad is going all out. Cartier is so expensive" she said with a genuine smile.

I nodded before changing the subject, "so what do you guys want to do?" I asked my fingers playing with the diamond hanging off the chain.

"We could go shopping? And then we can go out for dinner tonight! A birthday dinner!" Carly said eyeing Rhylee off.

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion.

"Ah Yeah sure I guess so" I said with a shrug.

I'm sad I wouldn't be having a birthday dinner with Shawn but I'd still be spending the night with him in this amazing hotel.

"Come on, let's go then!" Carly said grabbing her handbag, as Rhylee and I followed her out.

-

"Oooh lets go in here" Carly said walking straight into Victoria secret without another word.

Oh my god.

Rhylee followed behind her confidently as they began to browse the racks of expensive lace lingerie.

Whilst I slowly walked in my arms wrapped around my body in discomfort. I'd never really worn lingerie before, maybe some lace panties and a bra if I had to borrow Carly's things after a party.

I'd never felt the need to use it with Jake...

I sighed brushing the memories of my past relationship behind me and out of my mind.

"Em this is so cute. What do you think?" Rhylee said holding up a black see through lace set. My eyes widened at how much exposure there was.

"Y-Yeah. Cute" I stuttered out. I definitely wasn't afraid of sex or uncomfortable of it. Just being in a shop surrounded by raunchy material and a crazy amount of whips and handcuffs made me a tad uncomfortable.

I didn't even want to step a foot towards the whips and handcuffs, knowing it'd bring back horrible memories.

"Hey em, what's up?" She said looking at me in concern.

"I dunno' this just isn't all my scene" I said gesturing to the shop.

"Lingerie?" She asked confused.

"Yeah. I-I haven't got anyone to even show it to anyway. You have a boyfriend Carly to show it off too" I lied with a shrug.

"Babes, I'm single... lingerie isn't all about fulfilling men's wants and desires. But your own as well. The way you feel in a cute lingerie set is so empowering and makes you feel good" Rhylee said patting my back.